Enterprise books excepting relaunch ones and without spoiler

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Enterprise books excepting relaunch ones and without spoiler

Postby Ludmila » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:09 pm

The re-launch books have the specific threads, but I did not find the threads about the rest books.

As far I know, there are the next books with Enterprise characters:
Broken Bow by Diane Carey
By the Book by Dean Wesley Wmith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch
What Price Honor? by Dave Stern
Shockwave by Paul Ruditis
Surak's Soul by J.M. Dillard
The Expanse by J.M. Dillard
Daedalus by Dave Stern
Daedalus's Children by Dave Stern
Rosetta by Dave Stern
Last Full Measure by Andy Mangels and Michael A. Martin
The story "A Less Perfect Union" by William Leisner from the book "Myriad Universes, Vol 1: Infinity's Prism"
The novel "Age of the Empress" by Mike Sussman, Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore in "Star Trek Mirror Universe. Glass Empires"
The story "Nobunaga" by Dave Stern in "Star Trek Mirror Universe. Shards and Shadows"

I had read only the few of them. My humble opinions about these books:

"Broken Bow" and "By the Book" did not leave the memorizable impression in my memory which means that they were the solid "gray" books for me without noticeable dislikes and outstanding likes.

"Rosetta" by Dave Stern
I enjoyed this book very much, especially portraying Hoshi's character. I loved that she could do the important work. Trip's and T'Pol's interactions are very few in the book, but T'Pol's more careful consideration for Hoshi was interesting. There are the scenes with Trip and command. Alien's intrigue was interesting also;
Historian's Note from this book:
The events in this book take place between December 27, 2254-while the Orion women were passengers on the Enterprise ("Bound") and January 19, 2255-when a xenophobic group tries to stop the formation of an alliance between Earth and several alien governments ("Demons").

"A Less Perfect Union" by William Leisner
This AU story is well-written. Leisner depicted Trip and T'Pol relations very lovely. They could saturate their existence with such events and feelings which were able to help them live in a very bleak world where Terra Prime won. I liked as he depicted T'Pol and her interactions with the different people in the different stages of her life.
The spoiler detail:
SPOILER!!!:
The actions take place in AU TOS time. Trip lives only in the recollections of old T'Pol, which left on the Earth even after Trip's demise in 2200 year on the Earth, where they lived all the time. I loved that even in that setting T'Pol's neighbors respect and defend her.

I'll post my opinions about "Surak's Soul", "The Expanse" and Mirror books a little later.

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Re: Enterprise books excepting relaunch ones and without spoiler

Postby crystalswolf » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Just found Shards and Shadows at lunch. The first few paragraphs are interesting. Going to read this weekend!

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”