Choose a side (Mirage Universe)

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

In the Earth/Vulcan war, what side do you support?

Vulcans
57%
Humans (and Andorians)
29%
Are you kidding me? Romulans
14%

Total votes: 7

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Choose a side (Mirage Universe)

Postby Alelou » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Personally I'll just stick close to Trip and go with whatever he ends up deciding. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:09 pm

justTripn wrote:I'm only halfway through this list, but I was kind of mad about:

May 28, 2074 Andorians asks for commerce trade with Earth. Vulcans prevent it.

FREE TRADE! FREE TRADE!

Maybe the word "prevent" was too harsh. They simply out the idea of commerce with Vulcans in a bad, bad, BAD light. Just like a mother, who doesn't directly tells you what you must do but she subtly makes you choose what she wants. Most of the Govrnment thought Vulcan arguments were good. The other part thought Vulcans were imposing their ideas, as always.

Linda wrote:Yeah, I thought it was the mirror universe so that is what I was thinking on when I voted. I think others will think the same way so the poll is sort of compromised.

:oops: Sorry, sorry, next time I'll be more clear, I promise :D

WarpGirl wrote:OK so who fired the first shot?

OK, if we must be so literal... :roll: :lol: In the literal sense, the first shot is in October 20, 2075, the first conflict between Humans on Vega and Vulcans and it's... Humans, yeah.

Alelou wrote:Personally I'll just stick close to Trip and go with whatever he ends up deciding. 8)

Oh, I was thiking in planets or federations, when I had to think in characters. Smart girl 8)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:24 am

I'm sorry, I just have a literal mind, but from a justice perspective I would choose Vulcan. However I like Alelou's way of choosing. So I will go with Trip's decision.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 am

Escriba wrote:I don't konw if this will be of any use, but there is a timetable (read it at your own risk :twisted:):

January 29, 2102 Vulcans attack Earth completely by surprise in a full scale assault. The battle is bloody and a lot of ships are lost in the two sides. Using a kamikaze style of attack, a Surak type ship full of weapons hit Japan and obliterates it. The Vulcans not only don’t win, they also lose Alpha Centaury and a lot of territory they had conquered to Andorians. The strategy is considered a complete disaster.

You hinted to the obliteration of Japan in your fic, I was not sure, but reading this, I became very emotional. Like all of your events will create emotions. It shows very well that irritation, miscommunications, blatant violence, racism and revenche can lead to war. Great that you have created such a background story behind your fic. I am going to read it with even more interest.
Last edited by panyasan on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 am

Yikes! Japan obliterated Kamikazi style. Talk about poetic irony, I mean Pearl Harbor, and all. Or maybe that's just because I was born in the US.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I know it's fiction, but personally I wouldn't use the words irony and poetic with such hidious acts of war.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh no I didn't mean it in a good way. Absolutely not! I meant it in a really creepy not good at all way. I know some people like Edgar Allen Poe, but not me and I meant it in an insane warped crazy Poe like way.

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:26 pm

panyasan wrote:
Escriba wrote:You hinted to the obliteration of Japan in your fic, I was not sure, but reading this, I became very emotional. Like all of your events will create emotions. It shows very well that irritation, miscommunications, blatant violence, racism and revenche can lead to war. Great that you have created such a background story behind your fic. I am going to read it with even more interest.

Thank you.

It's not just Japan, there was also a seaquake that destroyed part of China and Korea's coast, and Philipines was very affected too. Earth's climate changed for an entire decade after the catastrophe. However, Japan is the only one that it's still underwater, almost entirely.

I wrote it to be very emotional. After WW II a lot of Japanese fiction (like mangas and animes) have this imaginery of destruction coming from the sky and I used it. The two sides has suffered great losses that caused a lot of resentment and in this part of the story (and History) both of them are completely lost in the war. T'Pol's generation was already born in war time and it's them who are fighting now. Once I heard that in things like rebellions or armed struggles and such, if they last more than one generation, the second inherits all the hate and nothing of the ideals. See Palestine in our world.

Vulcans and Humas are very corrupted morally at this point of the story (Vulcans with their kres-pakik and the possible alliance with Romulans, and Humans with their conquering spirit), and I just hope I reflected it properly. But, as always, you just need one person to change everything ;-)

By the way, I'm ecstatic that nobody pointed out... something I thougt was very obvious but apparently it's not so much. Or maybe you're shy and you don't want to ask :D

PS: Next time I'll put a "Whatever Trip chooses" as an option :lol:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Escriba what you were saying is what I meant about it being ironic because of history. But I wasn't trying to say it was a good thing. I'm truly sorry if I gave the impression if I did. If anything you freaked me out. The fact that you can do that is why you are so good at crafting stories. I don't know what I might have missed but hey I remembered who Stel was! :)

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Ah, thanks you, WarpGirl. Your reviews made me happy :D (we need a happier smilie to reflect my happiness :lol:) But Stel, in the RU, was the intelligence officer that went with V'Las to Enterprise. You know, the one who put the bomb in the Earth Embassy.

WarpGirl wrote:Escriba what you were saying is what I meant about it being ironic because of history. But I wasn't trying to say it was a good thing. I'm truly sorry if I gave the impression if I did.

Don't worry, you apologized and we understand what you meant, so no problem. But I'm just thinking what an interesting conversation T'Pol and Hoshi would have in "Mirage" :badgrin:

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Oh shittaki mushrooms! I thought that he was also the guy that tried to bash our girl's head in. I can't win. I'm glad a few reviews make you happy, glad to do it. Will you make T'Pol and Hoshi have such a conversation? I hope so. Your Hoshi is facinating, but I still don't think she and Travis should have a romance.

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 pm

WarpGirl wrote: Will you make T'Pol and Hoshi have such a conversation? I hope so.

Ask, and you shall receive :D Just wait a little until T'Pol fixes that tiny logistical problem of being captive in a different ship. You know, an easy task :lol:

WarpGirl wrote:Your Hoshi is facinating, but I still don't think she and Travis should have a romance.

Well, until now the only thing I've said regarding this is that Travis is crazy for her. I've said nothing about her. However, if it ever happens, it will need time. An patience. And a big amount of small towels, because Hoshi's manias aren't going to dissapear suddenly :D

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:25 pm

T'Pol can take on Orions! Just make her one part "Mrs. Smith," one part Temperence Brennen, and all Vulcan! Besides she's got the best dang engineer she can possibly get. What could possibly go wrong? Dare I ask? Well, about Travis I already I said I love him, so I won't mind him having a girl, I just prefer it isn't Hoshi. But you'll make me love it, whatever you do. You got me to feel sympathy for Archer and that's supposed to be impossible.

PS. Mrs. Smith is a character from a little movie called Mr. And Mrs. Smith starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. It's one of my favorites because it's sexy and rediculous.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:52 am

WarpGirl wrote:Escriba what you were saying is what I meant about it being ironic because of history. But I wasn't trying to say it was a good thing. I'm truly sorry if I gave the impression if I did.
It's okay, WarpGirl. It was just that Escriba's time table hit a nerve with me. I suddenly had the image in my mind of my friends in Japan disappear into thin air and all the beauties of the country gone.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Don't worry, I do understand a little. My family knows a lot of police and fireman in NY so we lost a lot of people suddenly. Not a cool thing to even contemplate.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”