Natalie "facts"

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Natalie "facts"

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi, I've written a Natalie story about Trip and Natalie's last night before he ships out, and I am fact checking.

She was from Florida, according to Memory Alpha. Where was Trip working prior to leaving on Enterprise? California? So how did he see Natalie? On trips home or did she move to California with him?

Which episode did they break up in?

Any other random facts or musings about Natalie are welcome.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Natalie "facts"

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Oh and when Trip said that he'd been in only three serious relationships and they had all been disastrous, which episode was that?

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Not sure about Natalie facts, but Amanda Cole was from a neighboring town in Florida. Did Amanda know Natalie? Amanda did remember Lizzie. It would be interesting if you added a part to your story where Amanda might have been jealous of Natalie from a distance and that was why she didn't get closer to Trip when they were in high school. It might be funny if Amanda got pinched by Natalie as well as T'Pol. Poor Amanda, she had to settle for Soval. :roll: :doubt: :) :D :happyjump:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm

When Trip said he had only three relationships and they all went Bust that was in "Breaking teh Ice" He was in T-Pol's quarters and she had asked him for advice.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 pm

And I believe he gets the letter from "Natalie in Pensacola" in Silent Enemy, right after Echo One or whatever it was allowed them to catch up on mail.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:49 pm

So he breaks up with Natalie AFTER he tells T'Pol that he's only had 3 serious relationships that ended disastoriously. OK, and I can account for that. ;)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:51 pm

OK, guys, Natalie is "from Florida" and moved to California to be with Trip but returns to Pensecola sometime after he ships out. Anyone object to that?

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I have doubts that Natalie is one of the three serious relationships.

If she was and they were still together in Breaking the ice, it would have been natural that Trip would say something about her.
Like "I had three serious relationships and even now with Natalie, my girlfriend, it's hard to build a relationship when you are apart."

Also when Trip tells Archer that he received a letter from Natalie, Archer doesn't say: Natalie, your Natalie or a letter from your girl friend. No, he says: "Natalie from Pensecola?"

It looks like Natalie was a girl they talked about, but not his one and exclusive girlfriend.

So here is my theory - maybe slighty influenced by the fact that I don't like Natalie :vulcan: 8) - Trip meets Natalie a couple weeks before Enterprise is launched. They like each other, they spend time together - nothing official - but when he has to go, she promised him to stay in touch and write letters. It become too much trouble for her to write and she doesn't like to wait, so she writes the letter, concluding that a long distance relationships doesn't work.
There is only one hole in my theory - when Trip tells Archer about the break-up, Trip did made it sound it was serious for him, but it would explain both Trips and Archers responses.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

My theory is that he already had a feeling the thing with Natalie was dead and just went ahead and put it that way to T'Pol, maybe not even consciously thinking about it.

Otherwise I'd say they have a continuity error, because she obviously was someone he at least talked to Archer about (and Archer had bothered to remember, had maybe even met), and I think for Trip that would probably be someone fairly serious.
Image.Image

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Alelou wrote:My theory is that he already had a feeling the thing with Natalie was dead and just went ahead and put it that way to T'Pol, maybe not even consciously thinking about it.

Otherwise I'd say they have a continuity error, because she obviously was someone he at least talked to Archer about (and Archer had bothered to remember, had maybe even met), and I think for Trip that would probably be someone fairly serious.

Your theory sounds better, Alelou, because Trip talked about Natalie with Archer, BUT in the first season they were buddies, who maybe talked about lot of stuff. The reason why I says this, is because I find it odd that one of your best friends talks about your girlfriend as "Natalie from Pensecola". It is not like he had three other girlfriends, Mathilde from San Francisco, Lucy from Tyler, Texas and Natalie from Pensecola. I problably see something in a casual remark from Archer, which is always dangerous. :raspberry:, because there is nothing to see. :vulcan: (In my own language adding someone's place of living is seen as putting distance and to show that someone isn't personal important.)
Love is a verb.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 pm

panyasan wrote:
Alelou wrote:My theory is that he already had a feeling the thing with Natalie was dead and just went ahead and put it that way to T'Pol, maybe not even consciously thinking about it.

Your theory sounds better, Alelou, because Trip talked about Natalie with Archer, BUT in the first season they were buddies, who maybe talked about lot of stuff. The reason why I says this, is because I find it odd that one of your best friends talks about your girlfriend as "Natalie from Pensecola". It is not like he had three other girlfriends, Mathilde from San Francisco, Lucy from Tyler, Texas and Natalie from Pensecola. I problably see something in a casual remark from Archer, which is always dangerous. :raspberry:, because there is nothing to see. :vulcan: (In my own language adding someone's place of living is seen as putting distance and to show that someone isn't personal important.)

Logical and rational.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Or it means that Trip had two girlfriends named Natalie. :shock: Or maybe that Trip had been making more trips than usual to Pensacola before they launched.

In Clearwater my dad's boss, a good ol' boy from West Texas, had various girlfriends that he would refer to as The Cooking Lady, The Crying Lady, and so on. I was always glad I didn't have to worry about ever being one of them, knowing how he talked about them behind their back. And my mother was always "Pooh" to him. Still not sure why, but at least she got an actual name, of sorts.
Image.Image

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

Alelou wrote:Or it means that Trip had two girlfriends named Natalie. :shock: Or maybe that Trip had been making more trips than usual to Pensacola before they launched.

I think I will go for Trip making mores trips than usual to Pensacola.
You know, maybe in the future they have a sign when you enter Pensacola "Welcome to Pensacola, the place where Nathalie lived". :D
Love is a verb.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Right. If I ever get my story up, you'll see that that was my backstory. I remembered that he announced three serious relationships that ended disastorously and THEN later broke up with Natalie. Plus he seemed to have some chemistry with several female aliens in the meantime, prior to his breakup with Natalie. I think she was a very serious girlfriend, but things weren't heading towards marriage as he was shipping out (and of course something had to have happened in the relationship that he could characterize as disastorous) so they both gave each other permission to begin dating other people. THEN months later Natalie finds someone she is serious about and annouces this to Trip, which is the final breakup.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 am

Oh look. JayTee wrote a story about Natalie:

Natalie

It's in the Decon Chamber.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”