T'Pau

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

T'Pau

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:51 pm

OK I am really nervous about posting this but it's making me nuts. Does anyone realize that T'Pau of Enterprise is way too young? If you go to startrek.com you find out that she's Spock's "second-foremother" in English that means she's Skon's mother. OK Hello if Solkar was Earth's first ambassador, and Skon translated Surak into English why is T'Pau younger than T'Pol? This just kills me folks.

PS. Watch the documentery on Pon Farr and you'll find out about T'Pau.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pau

Postby Asso » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Well, I don't judge, but... tell me... why she have to be so
unlovable, as young or as old? :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:21 pm

When I saw "Amok Time" I was between 6-8 I can't remember exactly. But I used to call her the logical old bat lady. I don't think T'Pau is likable. But then again she isn't supposed to be. I'm just mad that B-B forgot to watch "Search for Spock" and screwed up again!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm not sure it was actually stated anywhere in canon (i.e. live action scenes) that T'Pau was Spock's "second foremother". What I remember is that Kirk or Bones said that Spock's family must be quite important since the T'Pau was officiating at his wedding.

Maybe this "second foremother" thing is like the notion that Spock was the first Human/Vulcan hybrid - not correct but something many fans (apparently including whoever did that st.com thing) have come to believe.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm

On the contrary, I got the exact impression that Spock wasn't the first Vulcan-Human Hybrid. Rather,at least initially, his presence on Enterprise had the meaning to show a future where the interconnection between the races was a matter of fact.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:10 pm

But why would they put it on the "OFFICIAL SITE" if it wasn't true? That makes no sense. I mean if it was a fan-site I would've kept my big mouth shut. Or at least stopped my fingers from typing about it.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:14 pm

I think not infrequently Fans "follow their hearts". Maybe a little too much.
And I'm not immune. :lol:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:17 pm

WarpGirl wrote:But why would they put it on the "OFFICIAL SITE" if it wasn't true? That makes no sense. I mean if it was a fan-site I would've kept my big mouth shut. Or at least stopped my fingers from typing about it.

A lot of what is "official" makes no sense (see *the_abomination*). I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of things on st.com that's not "true" in a canon sense.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean it made no sense from a story standpoint. You're right there are a lot of things in Star Trek that don't make sense. But they are true. What I meant to say is, why put that fact on the Official site if it wasn't true.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:25 pm

My guess is that it is something that might have been mentioned in a script as character background information, but went unspoken in live action. Or it was mentioned as background in one of the licensed tie-in productions (the Trek encyclopedia or whatever). Either way, non-canon, but someone used it to write a background on the official website.
Last edited by Kevin Thomas Riley on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:30 pm

You know I have a real problem with all of this "cannon" stuff. What it is what it isn't. Why bother merchandising, writing books, encyclopedias, give background information if the only thing that's "real" is 60 minutes of TV time. Or in SW's case what a stuffy old man says is real. It's not fair! I hate it. OK I need to stop ranting...

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:34 pm

WarpGirl wrote:You know I have a real problem with all of this "cannon" stuff. What it is what it isn't. Why bother merchandising, writing books, encyclopedias, give background information if the only thing that's "real" is 60 minutes of TV time. Or in SW's case what a stuffy old man says is real. It's not fair! I hate it. OK I need to stop ranting...

If you stop ranting, I will do it for you! :D :x

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Geraci I think that's right. Two sets of Sicilian great-grandparents and I know no Italian. Well I always did take after the Irish side. But I'm a good cook so I got something. I like Spock and T'Pau being related though that way when he rebels she gets all "logically ticked-off." Hey she was the logical bat lady, she deserved what she got. She was scary to a little girl, my sister couldn't even look at her. She'd have whacked out nightmares. Yet Klingons were fine.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Geraci I think that's right. Two sets of Sicilian great-grandparents and I know no Italian. Well I always did take after the Irish side. But I'm a good cook so I got something. I like Spock and T'Pau being related though that way when he rebels she gets all "logically ticked-off." Hey she was the logical bat lady, she deserved what she got. She was scary to a little girl, my sister couldn't even look at her. She'd have whacked out nightmares. Yet Klingons were fine.

I think you got something . Yes. I think. :guffaw:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 pm

WarpGirl wrote:You know I have a real problem with all of this "cannon" stuff. What it is what it isn't. Why bother merchandising, writing books, encyclopedias, give background information if the only thing that's "real" is 60 minutes of TV time. Or in SW's case what a stuffy old man says is real. It's not fair! I hate it. OK I need to stop ranting...

Because five TV series worth 700+ episodes and 10 movies (or whatever the amount was when something was written) is quite daunting in itself to keep track of when you're making a TV series or movie.

Besides, a lot of the tie-ins contradict each other, and what was (later) made into live action.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”