T'Pau

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pau

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:01 am

Kotik wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:Um WOW you really don't like Syrranites do you? I really loved the old geezer. Oh well to each his own. I think T'Pau was WAY too young in ENT it made no sense. But yeah she did haughty, self-righteous, zealot religous teen well.

I had several problems with the Vulcan arc, many of them were down to sheer stupidity of the script.

1. There was an unobstructed cave entry in their camp, yet in two years no one had an idea to take a look. :shock: Those people surely had a perception issue.

2. For a bunch of Surakian peace lovers, they were quite healthily armed I would say

3. T'Les, what the hell was that woman doing. Sells off her daughter into a forced marriage to regain a post that she knows she'll lose again anyway, because the VHC is already starting to go after the Syrranites (that was a big WTF?? moment :shock: )

4. Syrran. He had years of time to look what that cave is for. SuperArcher gets his brain fried, wakes up and walks straight to where the Kir'Shara is (WTF the second :? ) Surely if Suraks waited for a grimy human to drop by, that Syrran dud wasn't what Surak had in mind for someone to find the Kir'Shara :vulcan:

5. Syrran again. That dude was running around the desert making Sehlat noises, how the hell did he know what V'Las was up to. The two weren't exactly pub buddies. Just another lame plot to paint a big fat S on Archers chest again.

Coming back to the original topic of T'Pau's bitchyness. If I was confined to a ruin in the desert, surrounded by such a dimwitted bunch of fanatics, I'd get bitchy like hell as well and my hairdo would look a whole lot more messed up, too. :lol:

I share your thoughts, also about the hairdo, even if I don't have personally this problem. :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Well while I have the obsessive tendency to pick apart things like that oddly enough I didn't feel the urge to do so on the Vulcan Arc. I mean yeah I agree with you about most of those things, but I thought the good outweighed the bad. I don't mind T'Pau's personality, I mean she was always a cold fish. But I hated the fact she was so young, at least make her around T'Pol's age! The actresses were so close in age you couldn't believe she was so young. Oh and as you get to know me you'll see I blast episodes harder than that. Ususally the ones people love the most. :badgrin:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm

At least they should have had the actress speak with Celia Lovsky's very distinct accent. :vulcan:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 pm

My theory is that the young T'Pau was talking Vulcan and Archer was hearing her through the translator, thus no accent. While in TOS she was speaking English by herself, with understable accent.

What? It's my theory and I see it totally logic! :-P

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey I'll go with that theory. Makes perfect rational sense.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Escriba wrote:My theory is that the young T'Pau was talking Vulcan and Archer was hearing her through the translator, thus no accent. While in TOS she was speaking English by herself, with understable accent.

Or rather Archer understood her Vulcan, what with the benefits of having Surak's katra in his head and all.

I still would've liked to hear the accent though...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 pm

OK I have always been confused about one thing with the UT and that is how come you're only hearing English and not the native language all at once?

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 pm

That's just one of the great conventions that prevents science fiction TV shows from getting too ploddingly realistic. Like the way the ships always make noise in space, or the shows completely ignore the inconvenient parts of the theory of relativity, or the way there's this incredible density of populations and planets with a neverending supply of convenient aliens, or the way the ship's babe never wears the same uniform everyone else does, or the way a red-blooded human male isn't actually repelled by a woman with green-tinged mucous membranes and a weird copper smell...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:18 pm

WOW! OK...

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”