New drabbble

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

New drabbble

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Over the Top Drabbles

This is a new type of Drabble. an "Over the top" drabble

All must start with:

"It was a dark and Stormy NIght"

any character or prson can be in the drabble even a member ofour board. e/G.

"It was a Dark and Stormy Night
alelou satin front of her computer.
"Angst, angst she exclaimed. instead all I get is happiness.
The Shame, the shame she sobbed
Alelou appealed to her muse.
Where is my Angst. all I get is happiness. What have I done to deserve this. I am the queen of Angst. MY readers expect it. she wailed.

Oh the evil of it all.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: New drabbble

Postby Cogito » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Now you're just being silly.

It was a dark and stormy night.

Tucked away in the back of the shuttlepod, T'Pol lay safe and warm in Trip's arms.

"So, how did you explain it to the Captain?" asked T'Pol.

"Seems we ran out of fuel," said Trip, tightening his arms around T'Pol.

"And he believed that explanation?"

"Yup," he grinned.

"How curious," she mused. "I'm beginning to suspect these Fanfic writers have got a one track mind."

"Why's that?" asked Trip.

"Not that I'm objecting," explained T'Pol, "but have you noticed that whenever Cogito writes a story, we always seem to end up in bed?"

Edited to add: It's interesting to see that Asso is the next poster, because this is the picture I had in mind when I wrote that:

Last edited by Cogito on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

It was a dark and stormy night.

"If memory serves me, we were on Enterprise, in my room, Trip."

"I wanted to emphasize the effect, Hon."

"There was need for a dark and stormy night to produce that effect?"

"Not that effect. The effect on readers."

"Ah. Do not you think Depths is enough, T’hai’la?"

"Well, in fact."

"Let's do in this way, Ashayam. Let’s ask Asso if he wants to describe some other of our nights."

"Yeah, okay. But ..."

"And let it go our personal diary."

"Whatever you want, baby. But what could I do, then, in my spare time?"

"I have some ideas, my Ashayam."

"With no need for dark or for night or for storm?"

"Just for the storm."
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Cogito wrote:"How curious," she mused. "I'm beginning to suspect these Fanfic writers have got a one track mind."

:D

It seems so, judging for our drabbles and the picture above.
But I'm persuaded that Trip and T'Pol don't complain. :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 pm

It was a dark and stormy night,

No actually it is. As Issac approached Distracted huddled behind her monitor hoping
that power would not fail and something new to read would appear. So
as if to answer her requests, SB offered a new contest, out of the blue perhaps
being in sunny Arizona, but into her dark and stormy evening. Suddenly there was a knock at her door,
no doubt a neighbor in distress, and good soul that she is she opened it and saw Crewman Daniels.
Caught between shock and criminal intent upon his person,she barely heard him say "I need your help
to put the future right" before she was whisked off. We can only hope she gives a full report
of her adventure, can't we.... :bow: Dis :bow:
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 pm

:lol: :clap:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 pm

It was a dark and stormy night. A few leaves fell from the trees and a plastic lawn chair toppled over. Distracted rolled up her sleeves and hunkered down, preparing for the worst. There might even be branches on the lawn by morning. Fortunately, the university where she works has declared her to be essential personnel during this life-threatening event, so she will have plenty to do tomorrow at work while everyone else in town is home having a hurricane party.

Sigh.

Okay. Seriously. Here's the real drabble. It's a continuation drabble. The next person needs to come up with something over the top to move the story along.

It was a dark and stormy night, too dark and too stormy for Weeble to go fishing. In other words, the weather was pretty darned nasty. Weeble was sitting nice and dry in his living room practicing his fly fishing through an open window into the kiddie pool in the front yard when suddenly...
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:03 am

Continuing Distracted story

"When suddenly Asso stuck hi shead in the window barely dodging a fly cast.
I need some Pasta Fagioli Soup, Do you know where i can get some.

No said Weebie it is a Dark and Stormy night.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 am

Weeble gave him a funny look. "Where the heck did you come from? You should be home in Italy, warm and dry and cuddled in bed with your own personal T'Pol!"

Asso smiled and shrugged. "She's in the mood for fresh fish. Something about wanting trota alla fiorentina. So I came here. She's waiting for me."

Weeble stuck his tongue in one cheek, looking all of a sudden very similar to an engineer we all know and love, and did some thinking. Then he reluctantly put his pole down and went to the front door to let Asso in. "Hang on. I'll see what I've got. I've got a few in the fridge I was saving for dinner, but I suppose I can always pull out frozen and let you have the fresh." He went back to the kitchen and pulled out a plastic bag with four nice trout in it. "Here ya go."

"Oh no, my friend," insisted Asso. "You are coming with me!"

Weeble looked skeptically over Asso's shoulder outdoors. Rain was falling in sheets. Lightning was flashing. "You sure you want to drive in this?" He searched the street in front of his house, but he didn't see a car.

"Driving? Who said I was driving?" Asso said in surprise. A roar sounded outside, water sprayed upward from the kiddie pool on the lawn, and a familiar-looking angular vehicle came down out of the sky to land beside it.

"A sh...sh...shuttle?" Weeble stammered. Asso gave him a nonchalant smile.

"I told you I wasn't driving!" he said. Outside, the shuttle's hatch swung open and a blue-uniformed figure began to beckon to them from inside. Weeble squinted. It was dark, but he thought the fellow looked like...
Image sig by chrisis1033

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 am

It was a dark and stormy night when Asso and Weeble jumped into Shran's shuttle and flew off. "We really need some hush puppies Asso, I don't think that Distracted's kitchen is open but if I remember right upstate New York is dark, but not so stormy and I think Alelou can probably remember how to properly prepare them. Its a good thing I grabbed some kale and lettuce from the garden, we can build a salad."
"I brought some olive oil and linguine with me." said Asso while pulling a few things out of the deep pockets of his lab coat. "Oh, a couple of bottles of wine."
Shran looked around and said. "Where the hell is upstate New York anyway? Please tell me the weather is cooler there."
"Just hang an east...we probably won't have to clear customs if we don't touch down in Canada."
"What's a Canada?" finished Shran

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 am

"A place full of rivers, lakes, mountains and forests. Very suitable for Punck", said Asso.
"Who is Punck?", Asked Shran.
A voice a little querulous rose behind them. "Please do not mention that name."
From the back of the vehicle it had popped out Phlox.
Shran frowned. "And you, Doctor, what are you doing here? How did you get?"
"Well ..."
"So what?"
"It was Kotik. He and Asso have seen each other during a trip he made with his T'Pol in Germany, and Asso told him that he intended to ask Shran to take him to Weebly to have a little of his delicious fishes. It seems that his personal T'Pol is particularly fond of fishes. However, since everyone knows that the fish caught by Weebly is superfine, he wanted to catch everyone by surprise, so that his house wasn't filled with hordes of beggars. So he decided to turn to Shran and to descend on Weebly at a time when no one would have expected. This dark and stormy night was perfect."
"Yes, but ..."
"Well, you know, no one can deny that I also am a glutton and I wanted to taste the Weebly's fish. So, I made ​​an agreement with Kotik, who had got Asso's promise that he would have taken him with him when he would move off, and ..."
"And here we are."
The teutonic voice of the formidable German prankster sprang up suddenly.
Everyone turned.
With a sardonic grin Kotik continued. "The beer is suitable for fish?"
And six hundred and two (602) cans of excellent German beer rolled on the floor of the vehicle of Shran.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:28 pm

602, that should last a few hours until that load I have following me gets here.

Let's see a meal.

We Start with fish
Next Pasta figioli Soup
Then a good Pork schnitzel and Bratkartoflen (fried Potatoes)

Anyone got a suggestion for dessert? STrudel?

A meal said Shran,we are on a shuttle.

We can use the replicator said Kotik.

We do have time for a meal replied Shran. We have to get to upstate New York to see Alelou and it is very stormy.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 am

It was still dark and stormy when Kotik, Asso, Asso's T'Pol, Weeble, Phlox and Shran descended on Alelou's house. Weeble had gotten a bit wobbly, but hadn't fallen down, on Kotik's donation. Weeble also hoped that a pair of 2 Kilo Lake Michigan Browns would feed the company, but had hedged his bets with a nice Chinook Salmon that no one had noticed. His cooler was nearly the size of Kotik's. Given that 22nd century Andorian communications were unable to make a connection with their new host (or designated volunteer) it was decided that Phlox should do the front door knocking thing.
Courageously Kotik and Weeble had another beer.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

Weeble wrote: had hedged his bets with a nice Chinook Salmon that no one had noticed. .

And Alelou is definitely letting Weeble in after hearing about that fish! Not so sure about those other rascals.

She might join the gang in a toast to TnT but stick to an amber O'Doule's, which Kotik will condemn as pisswater.

Doesn't sound like TnT will be able to make any fictional headway at all with everyone so well entertained with each other and fish and beer, however. And where, Alelou asks, is Distracted or Linda or any other ladies of TS?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am

With the largest and most attractive of his smiles, Phlox stepped forward.
The Andorian vehicle was parked a little aloft, above the garden of the house of Alelou, buffeted by the winds of the storm.
Phlox was not very happy to be there, outside, in the midst of lightning and thunderbolts, but if he wanted to earn the fish of Weebly, had to do what had been asked him and also had to be careful. As far as Alelou was very smart (her works testified to that) who knows how she could react at seeing a Denobulan (a bit full of beer) at her door.
Bravely, he knocked.
The door opened.
An Alelou definitely frowning appeared. "It was time someone decided to show up."
With a determined air and without giving Phlox the way to recover or to speak, she continued. "First of all, call the others. To cook it is necessary for them to put order in the kitchen. In the meantime, you and I will talk. I need your advice. Lately, I have some difficulty writing stories full of angst. This is not good. I am the queen of angst."
Feebly, Phlox said. "It's ... okay. Maybe Kotik and Asso will be useful to you."
"They? But what do they know of angst?"
"Well, a little torture to Trip and T'Pol, they too did such a thing."
Alelou, nodded with a smirk. "Yeah. On a closer look, they don't practise exactly what they preach."
Phlox smiled back, relieved.
And entered.

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”