Fix Enterprise "canon" with a drabble challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Fix Enterprise "canon" with a drabble challenge

Postby putaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 am

OK, here's the challenge - fix anything you didn't like (up to and including the whole show) in Enterprise in a drabble (or something of similar length, or shorter or longer, as you like) using the most outrageous TV writing cliches you can. These include but are not limited to:

It was all a dream
Time travel reset button
Q
Holodeck

If you can think up some other ridiculous cliches, please post them it may inspire others.

I'll start it off with my "Dallas" ending to Enterprise:

Charles "Trip" Tucker the 3rd woke up, slightly disoriented.

His wife, as always an early riser, was seated in a chair near the window, reviewing a document from the Vulcan Science Academy.

"That was the damndest dream ever!" said Trip.

"Would you care to discuss it?" asked T'Pol.

"We can talk about it on the way to the meeting. Long story short, you and I were on the NX-01 Enterprise. You were the Science Officer and I was the Chief Engineer. And then, at the end, there was this weird bit with people from Picard's Enterprise, the 1701-D."

"Indeed. I warned you about overindulging in Mexican food last night."

"You're right, you're always right. I gotta get ready. We're supposed to meet with Daniels in an hour."

And so began another day in the 31st century.
(Sorry, I didn't count the words so I'm not sure if this is a real drabble or not).

Snorpenbass is on the hook to provide his "authentic" Dallas ending including the shower.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Fix Enterprise "canon" with a drabble challenge

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

HOO Boy. Lots to play with here. Cliches? How about the intteruption at the Wrong time. some one walking in, ARcher callig T'Pol on the comm (that was reallly overused in Enterprise.).

Drabble sized but not limited to.

Will wait to see who comes up with something first unless I can get my thinking cap on this early in the A.M.

Sb
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm staying far away from this personally, but I can't wait for some great reading! :D SB you've been on the hook for a "Guess Who" drabble for over a month now! :tsktsk:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 pm

SB hangs his head in shame. Forgot I was up. Will get to it as soon as I can. Please don't stay away. We need your talent too.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh I'll write drabbles. But I'll save "fixing canon" in my own stories. I have a knack for making too many people angry, so I'll just read this thread.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:36 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I have a knack for making too many people angry, so I'll just read this thread.

I can't remember when someone was angry at you. You tend to misinterpret disagreement with anger :dunno:

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I have a knack for making too many people angry, so I'll just read this thread.

Angry? I don't think so - I just like to keep you arguing in a straight line, but it's not angry and hopefully all in good fun.

Boy, I hope we can't get people mad with drabbles....

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Dunno, how much cliché there's in it, but it's the SFFE - the Shortest Finale Fix Ever. (OK, "it didn't happen" would be shorter, really :lol: )

So, here goes nothing:

"Picard to Commander Riker!"
"Riker here, Sir."
"Please report to Holodeck 1."
"On my way."

When he entered, Riker immediately recognized the frozen scene as part of his NX-01 program.
"Deanna told me, you created this... this utter rubbish."
Riker shuddered. Only one thing could upset his fanatically history and archeology interested Captain - Inaccuracy."
"Sir?"
"Do you notice something?"
"No, Sir, is there something wrong with the program?"
"Wrong? 10 Years, nobody died, transfered or was promoted in years of bloody war with the Romulans. And Commander Tucker, the same man, who headed the Warp 7 program, kills himself uselessly. Will, this is utter nonsens! Did you do any research at all, before cobbling together... this?"
"No, Sir. I only ran a quick scan over the library files."
"Well, you will, now, Will. I order you to correct this program with all data you can gather. I will not have my Number One base is decisions on fairy-tales. Dismissed!"
"Aye, Sir."

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:16 pm

I feel bad for Riker he didn't make the program, it was a stock program. Why does he get the blame? Why does Deanna? It wasn't their fault! I realize some people didn't care for TNG but blaming Riker and Troi doesn't make any sense because they did not create the program.

And when I said I make people angry I wasn't refering to either of you gentleman. Just putting that out there.

Fics

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Kotik wrote:Dunno, how much cliché there's in it, but it's the SFFE - the Shortest Finale Fix Ever. (OK, "it didn't happen" would be shorter, really :lol: )

:thumbsup: Well, I thought it was funny!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 pm

@WG,

I didn't entirely blame Riker or Troi, but it is reasonable to assume that noone used stock-footage for a holo-adventure. Take the Episodes "Encounter at Farpoint" or "A matter of perspective". In both cases Data and Riker respectively used pre-programmed material and modified it with own data.
He wanted to get an "insight" of the crew, so he had to at least add the bits where he poses a Chef, since I severely doubt that a holo-program about NX-01's last journey contained a part with idle chatter between Chef and the senior officers.

Not considering the fact that Deannas idea of using this program to solve Rikers conflict was silly to begin with and even suspending disbelief further that somehow over the timeline of "Pegasus" he found time to lurk about in the holodeck, it is obvious to assume that he did not have the time to assemble an accurate amount of data to transform the stock-framework of the program into a realistic customized version.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Well, I think I'll just shut up now.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well, I think I'll just shut up now.

You seriously confuse me dear :dunno: We've been of different opinions about so many things for almost two years now, but lately you seem to take things way too personally, as if it was the intention to hurt or insult you if one is of different opinion. I'm starting to worry :?

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm

I liked your drabble Kotik. You didn't say riker crated it. He modified it but found the program in the files. That does not mean it was accrate or even meant to be accurate. It could have been a project to create a story that was an inaccurate hisotry. Whatever, clever of you Kotik. :clap:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanx, SB Image

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”