Fix Enterprise "canon" with a drabble challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Fix Enterprise "canon" with a drabble challenge

Postby putaro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Boy, these things are like popcorn - just can't stop.

Double drabble - consider it to be the end of "Acquisition" and set on DS9.

“Jake! What did you do to Vulcan Love Slave, The Prequel?”

“I made it more realistic, Nog. It’s bad enough that you have three Ferengi taking over the ship with knock-out gas that spreads through the whole ship instantly but there’s no way they could keep the ship.”

“Oh, you made all three of them look like idiots! And it’s supposed to end with them taking T’Pol back to Ferenginar, not getting tricked!”

“Well, that couldn’t happen. T’Pol was on Enterprise until 2161.”

“The Nagus is running it now. This is bad.”

“Quark! Who created this idiotic holoprogram?”

“What’s wrong?”

“That T’Pol is great but the rest is completely unrealistic!”

“We researched for weeks to get all the details right! We got the period clothes, authentic Starfleet uniforms, even the dog is accurate. And you wouldn’t believe how long we worked on getting all of T’Pol’s “measurements” correct. Now, I admit, T’Pol is a little frisky for a Vulcan and Archer’s a complete idiot, but that’s just the nature of the beast.”

“No, you idiot! You have Krem saying there’s 173 Rules of Acquisition when any Ferengi worth his latinum knows there were 174 at that time! You’re worthless, Quark!”

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:12 pm

OMG That's perfect! And I know these things are addictive. Welcome to the club!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Warpgirl, my friend, do not grope just in order to rationalize everything, please: life is illogical and irrational. Trip knows this very well, whereas T'Pol, being a Vulcan, is - apparently - unable to conceive such a fact. Consequently - as all the Vulcans - she is forced to lie, with others and with herself, and - which is worse – often, even if not always, she is not even capable of noticing it. AS ALL VULCANS, POOR GUYS! :raspberry:

If I can, also, don't look, always and in any case, what is not suited to your ideas in what others write: these others do not do anything else than follow their own ideas.
Sometimes, moreover, the idea is nothing more than to transpose in a little poetic feeling a very personal perception, a very personal sensation.
As for the term 'omission' ... everything is in intention: if I omit in order to avoid saying something, in the end, I am lying. :evillol:

Anyway, thanks Cogito: you have explained my Drabble better than I could have done it myself. :hatsoff:
And thanks to you, Silverbullet. :wave:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:27 pm

asso First of all I'm sure you know that people need to live life in the only way they can. I need to "rationalize" as you put it. People are unique and not everyone can accept that life is "illogical."

Second, I didn't say I didn't like your drabble. I said I didn't understand it, there is a difference.

Third if I only read stories that agreed with my point of view, I probably would not read any fanfiction at all. I enjoy MANY stories that see things differently than I do.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 pm

WarpGirl wrote:asso First of all I'm sure you know that people need to live life in the only way they can. I need to "rationalize" as you put it. People are unique and not everyone can accept that life is "illogical."

But it is. Do not die under a pie in the sky.
Happiness is behind the corner. However it's needed turning the corner. Try to ask T'Pol what she thinks of this.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Well I can't, she doesn't exist in reality. That said, I'm plenty happy.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

My friend, Warpgirl, if in place of Klemens von Metternich, there had been you, the Congress of Vienna would have failed miserably. For good and for evil.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Wow! You think I have the potential to destroy the world! Cool. :roll:

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm

:mutrip: :mutpol:
Last edited by Asso on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Okay, another one.

I stare at her. ”Forget it.” Hell, even when she's telling me I'm a guinea pig she's adorable. ”I'd appreciate it if we could keep this between us. In fact, we probably should forget it ever happened.”
She thinks about it for all of two seconds, then nods. ”Agreed.”
”Doesn't mean we can't keep doing the neuro-pressure though.”
She peers at me from behind the mug. Then buries her face in it as if hiding from me.
Ten minutes later we're in her cabin, clothes flying.

Daniels switches off his viewer, amused. ”It's about time...”

Oh, and WarpGirl: We all have the potential to destroy the world. Some of us just have better odds of it. ;)
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

*giggle* I like that one. :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Snorpenbass wrote:Okay, another one.

I stare at her. ”Forget it.” Hell, even when she's telling me I'm a guinea pig she's adorable. ”I'd appreciate it if we could keep this between us. In fact, we probably should forget it ever happened.”
She peers at me from behind the mug. Then buries her face in it as if hiding from me.

Oh, and WarpGirl: We all have the potential to destroy the world. Some of us just have better odds of it. ;)

Good one! LOL And by the way, I'm actually a very nice person. I just don't do well with irrationality. And I say this knowing I myself can be irrational. It irritates the heck out of me. I'm one of those people that believes everything has a reason.

Fics

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Good one! LOL And by the way, I'm actually a very nice person. I just don't do well with irrationality. And I say this knowing I myself can be irrational. It irritates the heck out of me. I'm one of those people that believes everything has a reason.

In the words of Babylon 5's Marcus Cole: "I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

:D

Words to live by, IMO. ;)
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:10 pm

:tears:

Fics

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:59 am

Snorpenbass wrote:

Yah, that's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”