Drabble Cheats

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Drabble Cheats

Postby Brandyjane » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 pm

I thought I'd start this thread for us to use for short pieces that aren't technically drabbles. If someone has something that they just can't seem to expand or cut down to exactly 100 words, post it here!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Drabble Cheats

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you, thank you, oh god thank you! :bow: I was beginning to dispair. :D
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

SCANDALOUS! :o :evilmonkey:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 pm

:-P Oh come on think of it like the B team, the ones that can't win the championship but give their all trying. Or you know, you could just say we're lazy. ;-) :twisted:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

LAZY! :o :evilmonkey:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:39 am

It's okay. Some people just can't be bound by rules. Creativity is good. Bring it on! :happyjump:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 am

welll......okay. :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:55 am

Okay a part of this is in the "guess who" thread, but I hate the way it flows, so I thought I'd post the full version here...

If they knew everything they didn't say they'd be mortified. But only 20% of communication is in words, and communicaction is my job. I know the 80% they don't say...

I know the most outgoing human, is the most private.

I know the gregarious alien is the most homesick of us.

I know our Captain is ambitious, enjoys his power.

I know the most reserved of us longs to be accepted for who she is.

I know a man who has only known stars, wonders if he'd be happier on solid ground.

I know the one who protects us, protects his only true family. But with all of that he still feels alone.

I just wish he knew what I can't say. I'm here.

Fics

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:02 pm

WarpGirl, I forgot to tell you that I really liked the drabble above. I loved how you captured something truly essential about each character in just a sentence. Every single one of your insights is fascinating and spot-on. I feel like there's a story in each one, too, whether it's drabbles dedicated to each character or longer pieces.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh no! Bad enough I'm hooked on these things as it is. If I tried to make it into something bigger no more Pon Farr series or the other monster in my brain. I'm finishing those two. I have too.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 pm

I enjoyed it too, but I daren't suggest who it might be because there's no chance of me producing a drabble within the next couple of weeks. I will say though that it took very little effort to also see this as another :porthos: story.

And I just noticed that the :tpol: smiley has one eyebrow raised. Was it always like that? Superb!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Don't worry Cogito it's an "old one" Dis correctly guessed :hoshi: you're safe! Besides, This isn't the "guess who" thread my :porthos: drabble might get expanded and put here too. Not sure yet.

Fics

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”