"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Episode, Who are the people talking and about who are they talking

Is She

“She can’t do this”
“It is her decision”
It is too dangerous”
“I can’t interfere nor can you”
“Why can’t I. I won’t let her do it”
“How can you stop her?”
“You have to help me on this”
“I told you I cannot interfere”
“Has everyone gone crazy. You, allowing her to do this”
No, not all of us are crazy”
“Meaning I am because I want to stop her?”
“I didn’t say that. Besides that is not the problem bothering you”
“Yes it is. I don’t want her hurt neither do you. You can stop her”

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm

I think it's Phlox and Trip talking about T'Pol using the Telepresence Unit in The Aenar
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm

I think you are absolutely right WG. You are up. Sorry it wasn't harder. My mind wasn't up to the task

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm

I thought it was great! And now I must think...
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 am

Okay Names, Episode... Ready... Set... GO!

Big brothers. Those are two words which mean, horrible memories of torture and fleeing suitors. I admit I suffered plenty of both during my life. But on the whole, I have to say I have the best big brothers in the universe. In fact, I never have enough time with them. But what do you expect when one travels the world exploring dead cultures, and the other has decided to explore the galaxy? I take what I can get. Today I get my galaxy wanderer. He better be on time, these reservations don't come easy. Besides, 1200, it's lunch time.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 am

That's a tricky one. POV sound like Lizzie Tucker, with the Galaxy wanderer being Trip, obviously and the brother, who taught him to dance being the other one. Now finding an episode is difficult, since there are only two instances at which Enterprise was either at Earth (Broken Bow) or supposed to return (Silent Enemy), else a reservation made to meet Trip wouldn't quite make sense. Since she says he has decided to explore the galaxy, I think it's the Tucker children in an early part of Broken Bow.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

t Trip is deep in space. Also believe the reference to th time is when it Xindi destroyed a swath on florida. Lizze was in that swth. I tried to resolve it and cannot due to Trip being in deep space all of the time.

SB

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Well it can't be around the time of "The Expanse", because Enterprise was only recalled after the attack, at which time Lizzie was dead already. Since she is clearly expecting to meet him, it must be at a time where Trip was on Earth or expected to be, which during the run on the first two seasons happened exactly three times :

* "Broken Bow", before they shipped out
* "Silent Enemy" They were returning, but never really reached Earth, since they reversed their decision
* "First Flight" There is the off-chance that WG placed all this in this time-line, but at the time Trip was assigned dirt-side. His assignment to a starship came much later, so the "decided to explore the galaxy" wouldn't fit

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:45 pm

People, RIGHT! :clap: Episodes... Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Sorry fellas you're taking this a bit too "in the daytime" there was an episode where we saw the sweet Miss Tucker, and lunch was specifically mentioned.

Oh and Kotik... If you do guess right and come up next we keep the Drabbles in this thread at exactly 100 words. If I can do it anyone should be able too, after all I am the rambling Queen! :hatsoff:

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:48 pm

One of Trip's dreams/nightmare - so it must be an early season 3 episode, probably "The Xindi"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Come on boys you can be more specific than that! :lol:

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Lizzie is on screen only once. That's the nightmare scene in "The Xindi", following the scene in which Archer recieves the severed finger of the Xindi (Kessik). Lizzie sits on a table waving at Trip, he shouts at her to get out.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Okay my bad, I guess there are actually 2 episodes in play here and I got mixed up. There's also another episode where Trip talks to someone about these dreams, and I'm certain he mentions a broken lunch date. But it could have been my sleep deprived brain play tricks.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I think you mixed up more than episodes. There is no single time that a lunch time date between Trip and Lizzie is mentioned.
Trip mentions that he used to take her to the movies, when he visits Florida with Malcolm in "The Expanse". We see her twice in the same nightmare ("The Xindi", "The Forgotten") and we see her on a photograph in the ending scene of "The forgotten"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Okay I've got to check something... BRB

Fics

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”