"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby Distracted » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Okay...here's our first drabble challenge. Write one from the POV of an Enterprise character, major or minor. Don't mention the name of the character but provide enough clues to allow the reader to guess who it is. Extra credit if they guess which episode it relates to. The person who guesses correctly gets to write the next one. Same rules of exactly 100 words apply, and please keep it clean enough for general consumption.

Aaaaaand....go! :happyjump:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby Cogito » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Distracted wrote:Okay...here's our first drabble challenge. Write one from the POV of an Enterprise character, major or minor. Don't mention the name of the character but provide enough clues to allow the reader to guess who it is. Extra credit if they guess which episode it relates to. The person who guesses correctly gets to write the next one. Same rules of exactly 100 words apply, and please keep it clean enough for general consumption.

Aaaaaand....go! :happyjump:

“Write a drabble”, she said. Just like that, as if it's something anyone should be able to do. What the heck's a 'drabble' anyway? Something to do with a story of one hundred words according to the dictionary, but there don't seem to be any standard rules about counting contractions and hyphenation and so on. And that leaves the tricky issue of what to write about. And how to write it in an interesting way. A dry technical report would be no good at all. He shook his head glumly. Yes, he'd definitely need Hoshi's help with this one.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 pm

It's Archer??? :vulcan: :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 pm

panyasan wrote:It's Archer??? :vulcan: :D

Actually I had Reed in mind. But my silly little reply hardly qualifies as a challenge entry, I was just amused by the thought that you might not notice until the last line, that it was a drabble about writing a drabble. Little things please little minds, so they say. :lol: Anyway, don't mind me, Distracted's gauntlet is still there waiting to be picked up, if you're brave enough.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Cogito, that was great!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 pm

He was running, he was running, he was smelling, he was smelling. Floor hard and cold. Feet were here, feet were here. He would run and smell and smell and smell and run and run and run until he found someone who had cookies in their pocket. People legs went by and stopped and turned and he didn’t have time to stop and smell hello cause he had to keep running down the hall: sometimes, if he stopped, they would try to pick him up and he would squirm and squirm and it hurt his back. So he kept on.

(hint: It's not Travis.) :twisted:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 am

You are so MEAN! :shock:

Running and smelling, huh? I have no idea what episode it is, but I'm pretty sure it's from Portho's POV, so I guess I'm up next. Hmmmmm.....

Just watching them together turned his stomach. It was just wrong, the way they sat so close together on movie nights and always seemed to accidentally find themselves at the same table in the mess hall. When the captain wasn’t aiding and abetting their obscene liaisons by inviting them to dinner in the captain’s mess, one of them was always in the other’s quarters for one of a million lame reasons.

Neuropressure. Yeah. What bullshit.

He could hardly wait until that creepy doctor’s next sleep cycle so he could sneak into sickbay and do the deed. They so deserved it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 am

Dis, Malcom?

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 am

I think it's Masaro. Very good (and a bit creepy) drabble, Dis.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 am

Dang Cogito I'm dense! The last line went over my head... Okay no excuses you have to write a fic now! :twisted:

Dis yep that's angsty Masaro alright. I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks of that guy as a messed up teen personality?

ek well you did Porthos for me, now I don't have too... Right?

All wonderful guys. :D
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:30 am

enterprikayak wrote:He was running, he was running, he was smelling, he was smelling. Floor hard and cold. Feet were here, feet were here. He would run and smell and smell and smell and run and run and run until he found someone who had cookies in their pocket. People legs went by and stopped and turned and he didn’t have time to stop and smell hello cause he had to keep running down the hall: sometimes, if he stopped, they would try to pick him up and he would squirm and squirm and it hurt his back. So he kept on.

That was great, I could really hear the patter of tiny feet as he scampered along the busy corridors. But ... NOT Travis, you say? Hmmm, that's a stumper. :lol:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm

panyasan wrote:I think it's Masaro. Very good (and a bit creepy) drabble, Dis.
Thanks! Creepy is what I was going for.

You guessed right first, so you're up next! :D

And you're not off the hook, Warpgirl. You promised me Porthos on the other thread and I'm gonna hold you to it. :tsktsk:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Creepy, yes. But the TnT closeness that he so disapproved of was nice to see. It amazes me how you folks manage to pack so much into just a hundred words.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:20 pm

You are all great. Cogito, I really appreciated the cleverness of a drabble about a drabble from the POV of Malcolm. ek, that was very doggy-like. Distracted, I would praise you more highly, but I know this is effortless for you. :banghead: :mrgreen:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Okay Dis a promise is a promise. Botox today, drabble before the week is out. And I won't cheat 100 words.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”