"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 am

Kelby taking Trip's place as Chief Engineer of Enterprise. What episode? Alliction? Damn, I hate it when I have to research a episode. I alway sget back to late

Yes, the episode is affliction.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Wrong episode! I told you, this happened after the end of an episode.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Okay, Bound? Will have to go back and look at the one between Affliction and bound. Cannot remember every episodes the its name Okay if not bound then divergence. Neither exactly fills the bill but divergence Trip says he is going to stay to help Kelby for awhile and then he is back on columbia. In bound he is back for good. so Kelby doesn't have to worry.
Try divergence if not that then bound.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Not Bound or Affliction again this is supposed to have taken place after an episode so... When do you think Kelby might have found out about his promotion!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:12 pm

WG, not bound and not affliction it can only be divergence. Trip is transferred to columbia in Affliction. In bound he tells T'Pol he has been transferred back to Enterprise.

In divergence Kelby is Chief engineer. so he must have found out about it in divergence. If it wsn't affliction. I personaly believe that Archer would have promoted him as soon as Trip left Enterprise which was in Affliction. He told Archer that he wanted a Transfer in the Aener but had not yet put in for it. In afflictio he was still on board at the start of the episode and was shown in the Engineering room of columbia when Erika came in a said he should have reported in before he started.

I don't know what in hell you want. I have given you the three Episodes that it could have happened. you shot down affliction and bound which leaves Divergence. Take your pick. I am not a mind reader.

SB (btw, lousy morning for me so overlook the nasty SB)

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Cogito the goal-hanger strikes again - it's after the end of Aenar, surely, when Archer agrees to let Trip transfer to Columbia.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Cogito, you are probalblu right (however I did guess it was Kelby and his appointment as the new Chief Engineer) but actually Trip just said he was thinking of transfering he had not it yet. I imagine Archer would be doing his best trying to talk Trip out of it rather than appointing his successor. Trip was still on Enterprise in Affliction so he was still Chief Engineer. Would be until he actually left Enterprise.

But that is up to WG.

Frankly, after Trip came back to Enterprise they had two (2) full Commanders in Engineering and two Chief Engineers. Although Trip was the Senior Commander on board) Kelby should only haev hd a temporary promotion until it wAs confirmed by Starfleet. Too, Starfleet probably would have thier onw candidate to replace Trip.

Whatever, As I said to WG I don't know wht in hell she wants. It is too confusing. she can assume I guess but I don't believe Archer would have appointed Kelby as the new Chief Engineer until at least the end of AFfliction. Divergence seems more likely though as Trip says he would only stay to help Kelby (probaly to get used to the new job)

Whatever, Did the British do anything for the D-Day A nnivesary yesterday? Seems to have faded in to history now.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

I think you're wrong SB. By the end of the episode, Archer had agreed to allow Trip to transfer off the ship. That wasn't just a proposal by this point, it was a commitment; he was on his way out. Any sensible captain would *have* to start the process of organising his successor. By the time Trip actually stepped off the ship, he would have formally handed his responsibilities over to his successor. And his successor would have had to be identified and working with Trip for some time before that to achieve the handover. Quite how soon Archer set the wheels in motion, we don't know. But if Archer was competent, the process of appointing Trip's successor would have started as soon as Archer knew he was leaving.

Anyway - was I right, WarpGirl? Was I?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry guys I had back to back Physical and Occupational Therapy appointments! Please don't be mad at me. :cry: I was very busy testing out new components for a new wheelchair, and learning how to better vaccume sitting in said chair. It's very hard physically demanding work so I'm very, very, tired.

Okay Cogito is correct! :clap:

SB Here is my logic... At the end of The Aenar Trip goes to Archer wanting the transfer. Archer does a lousy job trying to convince Trip to stay. But by the end of the conversation it's decided he will leave. So the logical thing would be to tell Kelby what's going on. I know it takes a little while for the transfer to go through, but in that time Trip can recommend a replacement. For him, that's Kelby. Now I don't believe for a second that it's practical for two full commanders to be down in engineering. So Archer has to put in a special request for Kelby to get a rushed promotion. That again takes time, so the gap on TV makes sense.

I always thought it was dreadfully unfair of what TPTB did to Kelby, our only introduction to him was when everything was going to blazes by the Klingons, and then he's unstable because of the Orian Harlots. But because of those episodes so many fanfic writers make him an unstable bad guy who hates Trip and is seething with jealousy. I just wanted to put a fresh spin on it.

GOOD JOB COGITO!

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 pm

A boringly easy one for you today. Who is the narrator, and which episode is it?

And anyone suggesting Travis will have 100 brownie points deducted! :D

It's quite absurd. As if the cat suit wasn't bad enough on its own. I mean,
with a figure like that, was that really necessary? The male bridge crew
are utterly useless when she bends over the scanner like that. Come on!
There's a perfectly good chair right there she could have used, but no.
She's practically taunting them. And us. "Hello puny Human females, you
can't compete with this, can you?"

Her back's going to be killing her after a couple of days of that. Perhaps
I'll suggest she uses the chair. Just as a friend. It's only logical.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 pm

narrator is Hoshi. But T'Pol bent over her scanner in so many episodes wearing her Catsuit. How do you ick one that stands out? Fact is the way the scanner is she almost has to stand when looking through it. If it was her monitor then I could see Hoshi having a legitmate complaint about T'Pol waving her Ass at the human males.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I would assume the episode is Broken Bow but frankly I don't see Hoshi as so catty. Not personally, at any rate. She could be plenty snarky professionally.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I would assume the episode is Broken Bow but frankly I don't see Hoshi as so catty. Not personally, at any rate. She could be plenty snarky professionally.

I was going for :roll: rather than :bitch: but you're right that it was Hoshi in Broken Bow.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Can I have some time? I'm still scribbling away on May We... I'm on a roll. If someone wants to jump ahead I'm cool! 8)

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 am

WG, Cogito, re the transfer. Trip tells Archer he wants to transfer. He has to put in a request to Starfleet. Archer can concur. However, if Archer wants to he can say he will not give up his present CE and that kills Trips rquest. If Archer concurs then Starfleet has to okay it. when and if it does usually the organization (Starffleet) will say when we nominate your replacement. It will take in to consideration Archers requesting that Kelby be temporarily put in the chief engineer position until a replacement can be named. Howver, Trip would still remain on Enterprise until Starfleet okays the transfere and nominates a replacement or goes along with Kelby moving in as a temporary CE. that will take time. Since Columbia hs fallen so far behind a few more weeks are not going to matter. It may be too that Starfleet already has a replacement for Columbia's present CE with a more competent Engineer and turns down Trips request. Just because Trip wants to tansfer for personal reasons doesn't mean Starfleet will go along with it. It might just tell him to work out his problems but do it on Enterprise.

So, at the end of Aener really is too soon. Divergence whe Kelby is in place would be more like it.

Think I may have had a minor stoke sometime in the last 12 hours. Was confused this morning when I filled my pill box. Left one kind of pill out of one side of the box and completely switched sides. Put A.M. in the P.M. side and vice versa. Was all fouled up.

SB

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”