"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh that's beyond distugsting.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Kotik, loved it. Nothing like a good limrick.

Actually that was pretty tame compared to some I have heard.Sigh

BTW, I have a risque drabble runnning around in my head for another drabble thread. wonder if anyone would object to it other than WG who does not need to read it.

SB :D
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm

How is having sex with a corpse not gross?

I think the forums are rated PG-13, if people wanted to do dirty limericks I'm pretty sure they'd have to go into decon. I'd PM a Moderator before starting them. We do have a few minors on these boards and it pays to be responsible.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 pm

WG, I've been here for 2 years and not seen a minor. Hell anyone who's a minor now (17) and has seen ENT, watched T'Pol strut her stuff at age 10 :shock:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

AussieShelia is a minor, and there are others. Also you have to think about "guests" and unregistered people. And there might be "hidden" minors. I'm just saying getting permission from the people who own and run this site isn't a bad idea. I didn't say you couldn't write them at all.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

I think we should stop thinking of 'minors' as 'mentally' minors.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Well in the US and this being a site owned by a US citizen you have to be careful. Because god knows we don't need the boss getting in trouble.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 pm

And for the umpteenth time, here we go again.
I really have to stop.
I have to learn.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm

It's not just the minors, guys. Some adults find that sort of thing offensive as well. That's why we have a seperate decon section with warnings. I'd check with Elessar before starting a dirty limerick thread. He'd need to moderate it, I'm thinking. I would prefer not to. In the mean time, please stay PG outside of Decon. Thanks. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:08 am

WG, someone, who has now moved on, swore that if Asso's Chapter two of Destiny was put up. Interpol and the authorities would be all over this board, shut it down, etc, etc. When Asso put it up on FF Net and nothing happened I heard not one little peep out of this person. I highly doubt if anything would happen unless someone complained. However, if they read this site they should be responsible enough to accept the content here.

A Decon Drabble section might be fun though.

Sb
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 am

Distracted wrote:It's not just the minors, guys. Some adults find that sort of thing offensive as well. That's why we have a seperate decon section with warnings. I'd check with Elessar before starting a dirty limerick thread. He'd need to moderate it, I'm thinking. I would prefer not to. In the mean time, please stay PG outside of Decon. Thanks. 8)

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 am

Don't we take this PG business a bit too far? Been to a school yard lately? Anyways. Considering the fact that the entire decon archive is completely unsecured (all you have to do is ignoring the message above the link) it certainly looks a tad ridiculous that we censor words in here, while any minor can go ahead and have a ball with all our smut cookies :vulcan:

Anyways, I'll now think of a completely PG rated drabble...

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 am

I don't think it's ridiculous. The way I see it, the purpose of these warnings is to prevent people from encountering this sort of thing unexpectedly. Goodness knows that you can find far worse stuff on the internet if you wanted, but I hope we can save people visiting our site who don't want, from suddenly having it thrust in front of them.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you. Besides this isn't a "free for all" someone pays to run this place for us, he has the right to decide how to run it. He has the right to choose the Moderators and they have the right to make the decisions. That means that common courtesy would suggest we not gripe about those decisions or at least do it in a PM.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

Ok, now that we've restored political correctness, let's get back to the drabble business. Who's mulling over what in which episode?

He stalked off, not quite sure what to make of all this. He had achieved what he had come for, but not in the way he had anticipated and not without side-effects.
They are infuriating those humans. You capture them, torture them, but yet they still remain neutral in conflicts that aren't theirs. They should have killed me, but they didn't. Maybe that's how they win their battles? Sure, they could obliterate a whole squadron, just by confusing them to death. We must keep an eye on them. They look fragile, but there's more to them than meets the eye.

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”