Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 am

Dis what a beautifully, wonderful, cruel thing to do to little sleep deprived me. I now want to know the whole story because it has to be pre-Home and must have given her the idea to kiss him on the cheek to begin with! ;-) That made tonight (with burnt hard-boiled eggs dinner, yeah I burned them) bareable. As good as watching AVATAR again... Serious.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:35 am

Umm. Actually it was a memory glitch that started it, since originally my defective brain remembered him kissing her, and then it became AU when I remembered it was T'Pol who kissed him. But what if he'd been the one to kiss her instead of the other way around? I thought about that because I've always thought it was so out of character for her to kiss him like that in front of everyone. Do you realize that the kiss in Home was the only time she ever kissed him where someone else could see, and she did it in front of her mother and her future husband and his entire family? :vulcan:

That kiss always seemed out of place to me. I always thought it would have been more in character for Trip to slip up and to kiss her instead. Humans kiss the bride; it's an expected custom. But I'm betting it's not the custom on Vulcan.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 am

I always took it as, the appology that she will never actually say because it would be illogical. :lol: Oh my loopy brain. I better get some sleep tonight. I want some narcs tonight, botox in 4 days. Please god let me live through it. Then Porthos drabble 100 words I promise.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

That was beautiful, Distracted! I didn't realize it was AU at first. I interpreted it the way WarpGirl did. You're right though, about that kiss in "Home." I always thought it was out of character, which in my opinion made it all the more special since she was doing something so far out of her comfort zone for the man she loved.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Distracted wrote:That kiss always seemed out of place to me. I always thought it would have been more in character for Trip to slip up and to kiss her instead.

agreed. good drabble!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am

OK Porthos Drabble, be warned this is going to be quite sad. And I admit an AVATAR fic provided a lot of inspiration of Porthos' "voice." Now on with the show...

It's easy to slip past the biped that daddy has watching me. Daddy is busy talking again. It seems all daddy does now is talk. The human biped pack is trying to get the other biped packs to join into one pack. Daddy is leading the talks. We quadrupeds are much more efficient when we join packs. He doesn't need me right now. But Uncle Trip and Auntie T'Pol do, they just lost their pup. I've felt the sadness all around me. I'm headed for their den, if there is one thing my people know it's how to comfort bipeds.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 am

Awww. :cry:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 am

I'm kinda considering turning it into a one-shot. Maybe who knows.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:31 am

It would be a challenge. I wouldn't want to try it. Too hard to maintain that POV.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:34 am

Not really. At least for me. I grew up with a dog whisperer for a mom. So writing a dog doesn't intimidate me at all. Although I admit according to everyone I know I'm part cat. If Porthos had been Spot, I could have written a novel.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:20 pm

WarpGirl wrote:It's easy to slip past the biped that daddy has watching me. Daddy is busy talking again. It seems all daddy does now is talk. The human biped pack is trying to get the other biped packs to join into one pack. Daddy is leading the talks. We quadrupeds are much more efficient when we join packs. He doesn't need me right now. But Uncle Trip and Auntie T'Pol do, they just lost their pup. I've felt the sadness all around me. I'm headed for their den, if there is one thing my people know it's how to comfort bipeds.

I don't know how you manage to make such a short piece so poignant. I like the way Porthos has picked up on the emotions around him. I like the way he has recognised that Trip and T'Pol are a couple. And I really like the way he's decided they need comforting, and that he's the beagle for the job. Porthos was clever to have worked out what 'daddy' was doing, interesting to see it described in doggy terms.It's an unusual and amusing perspective, and if you decide to expand it into a story I'll look forward to reading it.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Wow! That was way more serious than I would have expected from a Porthos drabble. I'm amazed that you were able to write something so touching coming from Porthos's point of view. Somehow the fact that Porthos calls Baby Elizabeth their pup makes it so much sadder.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Two WOW!s. One for D. and one for Warpgirl. :D
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 pm

:lol: Thank you. I find it incredible how much animals actually know about us humans. I'd swear on a stack of Bibles that my cat and the dogs know exactly what I'm saying most of the time. Also it's amazing how they can figure stuff out from visual clues and smells. I think we forget sometimes that our pets can know us just as well as we know them. And it's a proven fact they can pick up on our feelings. Enterprise is a very closed community, as all ships are. There's no way Porthos doesn't "know" everyone on board, and would have a place in the "pack." It's just the way dogs work. I'd really love someone to get a cat, I could do that POV so much better.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:18 pm

WG, you did a great job with your Porthos drabble. You are right, animals know us better than we think. Pity is that Humans don't always know animals as well as they should.

Once had a Cat who licked my hand like a Dog would. very strange as Cats don't as a rule do that.

Please, write another Porthos drabble or a Cat one.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”