Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 am

I can finally see it! :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: Seriously I was gonna complain to someone if I couldn't see it tomorrow. But I didn't want to be pushy. :oops: Questions about the rules though, it is necessary to be exactly 100 words? And does it have to be beta'd?

PS Dis you almost made me hungry, and not just for pie... :twisted: Ek yes you steal creatively, but quite honestly I was a little depressed reading that one. Oh well you're so talented you hit my heart! :D Dare I hope you have some time to write more ficlets?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 am

:) You'd *better* make it 100 words. My drabble took me 5 mins to research, 8 mins to write, and 40 mins to shave from 104 words to 100.

:D

(I'll be counting)

(Tip: write it in Office Word or some other word processor. Then you can just hit "Word Count" as you are typing and see where ur at.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:00 am

Okay, that is... I don't know if it's possible for me to write anything with only 100 words. :? In case nobody has noticed, I tend to ramble. Drat! I was so looking forward to this. Oh well I'll just read along. Come on guys write!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:16 am

You can do it, Warpgirl. Just think of it as a prose poem. Short. Sweet. Minimalist. It's great writing practice. Just pick a scene or an idea and paint a word picture. Then edit it if it's too long.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 am

Besides, if we had a talking contest WG, I bet I'd win. :lol: So it's good therapy for both of us.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:43 am

Okay I'll Try to think of a topic I can whittle down too 100 words :roll:. I know that it can't be, it can't be movie night and the flick is AVATAR. I think I've watched it 50 times in less than a week. And I've got a ficlett bug biting me for ENT Movie night. Oooh Maybe I can do 100 words about Porthos! :D I'll work on it tomorrow and let y'all know.

ek you would beat me, I'm silent "in person" when I meet someone new. And pale, and shakey. All in all, no fun.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:50 am

WarpGirl wrote:Okay I'll Try to think of a topic I can whittle down too 100 words :roll:. I know that it can't be, it can't be movie night and the flick is AVATAR. I think I've watched it 50 times in less than a week. And I've got a ficlett bug biting me for ENT Movie night. Oooh Maybe I can do 100 words about Porthos! :D I'll work on it tomorrow and let y'all know.

ek you would beat me, I'm silent "in person" when I meet someone new. And pale, and shakey. All in all, no fun.

Yeah, me too. JT can attest, as I just met her a few weeks back and I couldn't say anything.

Oh wait. Did I say....

I'm sorry. I meant: "I couldn't STOP saying anything." :lol:

I'm sure Par thought I was speaking some strange incomprehensible superfast Canadian dialect of English, à la the 1980's Micro Machines guy. Only the commerical lasted for 3 hours. :D

Weird: when I was a kid I was a meat-loving introvert. Now I'm a vegetarian extrovert. Wha happened?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:52 am

Hormones? :lol: Well I'm going to bed, tomorrow I'll try to write a drabble about Porthos...

Fics

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 pm

These first two drabbles were great! In just a few words, you both managed to set the mood and cause an emotional response in the reader. I'm surprised that I've never before heard about Hoshi's "fate" according to the Defiant computer. That's really depressing. :cry:

We should start some challenge threads in this section to really get our creativity going. Unfortunately I'm tired and not feeling particularly creative right now, so I don't have any challenge ideas of my own.

I am looking forward to your Porthos drabble, WarpGirl!

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Elessar wrote:I was about to and then got pulled away!

Ok - testing testing, 1-2 can everyone other than the admins see this thread now?? :)

well, I saw your post...

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am

Image Image

Title: "Excuse Me, Miss? Is This Your Button?
Rating: PG
Type: Drabble

He recalled the first time he’d laid eyes on her: she’d entered his universe silkily, like a cat.

But before he’d even touched her hand — “Trip….my friends call me Trip” — she’d smacked him smartly down with her velvet paw (as cats’ll do):

“I’ll try to remember that…”

He gazed up in interest at T’Pol’s navel, hovering five centimetres above his nose.

You know, he mused philosophically, counting the fuchsia pyjama buttons she had “accidentally” left undone this time. I reckon she’ll probably manage to remember my name after all.

He tried not to feel a little bit smug, but failed.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:33 pm

*snort* Good one. :thumbsup:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 pm

That's funny! Thanks for illustrating it.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 pm

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I've been awake over 24 hours so I'm more than slightly hysterical but that was great.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 am

Nice one, EK. :thumbsup:

Wedding Gift: A Drabble
Rating: PG
Genre: Drama, AU

It was human instinct that made him do it, an action as out of place in this alien setting as running naked in public. The instant his lips grazed her cheek he knew what he’d done. The kiss was meant to be a comfort—whether to himself or to the woman he loved he wasn’t sure. Instead he’d embarrassed her and branded her an unfaithful bride. And he couldn’t take it back.

So he watched her walk away with his gut twisted in a knot, and did nothing—said nothing. Silence was the only thing he had left to give.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”