Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

Postby Elessar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

O-KAY boys and girls, ladies, germs, bipedal single-celled micro-syphallic amoeba and honored transexual beings! John's first drabble shall begin...
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Elessar's Numero Uno Drabble Fic

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 am

Where? :drool:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm

That was my first question too, Distracted. Or was his introduction the whole drabble? (scratches head)
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Just nod along. He *is* a lot smarter than us, and we prolly just don't get it. :cry:

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Hmmm. Well, if that were the case he'd probably know how to spell microcephalic. ;-) :twisted:

Or is he just starting the thread and waiting for US to post the drabbles? Mhmmmmm. 'Tis a puzzlement.

I guess if he won't start, then we should. So....

Not Just Dessert: A Drabble
Rating: G
Genre: Drama, Romance

It sat on a plate on the deck in front of her. The object of her meditative consideration was a gooey wedge of lumpy brown sugar and nuts. She'd never previously considered a food item worthy of such concentrated mental effort, but the feelings she'd come to associate with it had disturbed her sleep to such an extent that she'd decided to retrieve another piece for further study.

His lips. They were what came to her mind when she looked at the confection in front of her. Would they taste as sweet? It was a question worthy of further contemplation.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Distracted wrote:Hmmm. Well, if that were the case he'd probably know how to spell microcephalic. ;-) :twisted:

Too, too grand. :badgrin: :guffaw: :happyjump: :hug: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

(nice drabble too :) )
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 am

Your turn. Remember, exactly 100 words. Aaaaaand....go! :happyjump:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 am

We could also call this TwitterFic. lol

Fate: A Drabble
Rating: PG
Genre: Drama

The day was bright: hot. The light beating down too much for the tired, thin shrouds of crêpey eyelids. Too much for the emaciated skin stretched taut over frail skullbones. A sudden, final comprehension that her imminent annihilation would slice away the discomfort caused milky, acid panic to rise thick in her throat. Fighting hyperventilation, Hoshi squeezed her eyes shut, felt the sinewy arm of her husband Takashi hard against her side. The dry, ragged breath of this latest batch of Purges quickened as the officer finished speaking with a colleague. Turning—almost as an afterthought—he lifted his phaser.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 am

Aw, now...that's no fair tantalizing us with a completely new storyline. So...hmmm. It's an E2 fic, I think. Hoshi's old, or maybe just starved. A prisoner of war? Maybe she left the ship in the E2 universe and settled on a planet that was already populated with humanoids in the middle of a civil war. Or maybe it's a purge of human settlers. After she's lived on this planet for 60 years with her husband and other colonists from E2 Enterprise, the native xenophobes that are in power are killing all the humans. Any way you look at it, this is a grim one. Well done in so few words.
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 am

OK, Distracted. You story is perfect. enterprikayak's story is intriguing, but I don't get it.

But more importantly, there is something goofey going on with this new thread. It appears and then doesn't apear when I push the "View active topics" button. Like I saw it and thought, huh, I'll check this out later, but later it was no longer appearing. I went to look for it by pushing "Board index" and going to the Drabble section and the board told me "You do not have permission to read this part of the forum" !!!!!! I persume that was a horrible mistake relating to permissions! And of course moments later, I got straight in, signing on to the main forum and going through "board Index" to get here.

But Elessar, please check the permissions on this new drabble section.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 am

Dis wrote:Aw, now...that's no fair tantalizing us with a completely new storyline. So...hmmm. It's an E2 fic, I think. Hoshi's old, or maybe just starved. A prisoner of war? Maybe she left the ship in the E2 universe and settled on a planet that was already populated with humanoids in the middle of a civil war. Or maybe it's a purge of human settlers. After she's lived on this planet for 60 years with her husband and other colonists from E2 Enterprise, the native xenophobes that are in power are killing all the humans. Any way you look at it, this is a grim one. Well done in so few words.

I didn't make it up. Click the link I put into the title of the drabble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoshi_Sato#Fate) and it's a factoid that's not-quite-canon-but-could-be:

According to a computer bio screen, barely visible in the episode "In a Mirror, Darkly", and taken from the memory banks of the USS Defiant, Sato was born in Kyoto, Japan. She was instrumental in the development of the universal translator. She eventually marries a man named Takashi Kimura, and retires from Starfleet with the rank of lieutenant commander. Sato and her husband die in 2246 when the colony where they live, Tarsus IV, is stricken by a food shortage, and Governor Kodos orders the deaths of half of the colony's population. Hoshi and her husband are among those executed.

Episode writer Mike Sussman, in confirming this information to the TrekBBS, cautioned that the fate of Hoshi is not necessarily officially canonical since some of the above information was not actually visible on screen. [more info here]

:twisted:

So I'm not that creative. oh well. At least I steal creatively, which is something. :lol:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 am

Wow! Well, I get it now. Thanks! Good drabble.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 am

:mrgreen: thanks

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 pm

I was about to and then got pulled away!

Ok - testing testing, 1-2 can everyone other than the admins see this thread now?? :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:59 am

But if they can't see it, how will they know to answer you? :lol:

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”