what is Hoshi's highest college degree?

For all those girls that can't get enough of the British bomber.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: what is Hoshi's highest college degree?

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Canon says that Starfleet Academy was established at the same time as the Federation (2161). That could be seen from the Academy seal in other Trek shows, like TNG.

There was an Academy reference seen on a diploma in an ENT episode (I think it was for the dead engineer in The Forgotten) but that was a mistake that the writers later admitted to. I also think the did talk about Starfleet Training in Observer Effect, when Hoshi said she had been kicked out of it.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:21 pm

The Academy reference was in North Star IIRC. It's in the form of a framed diploma in the quarters of a dead crewman. As KTR said, the writers later admitted that they were mistaken, since the Academy wasn't established until 2161. It kind of goes to show that they really should've rethought calling the organization seen in ENT "Starfleet" to being with to avoid making such a mistake, but whatever. Anyway, I forget what they ended up calling the officer traiing program they had, but I was under the impression that it was something akin to the Officer Trainng School the Air Force has, which takes civilian university graduates and runs them through the same training ROTC cadets get over the course of 4 years condensed down to about three months. Ever hear of "90 day wonders"? Those are the people I'm talking about. ;)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks, guys! This is VERY useful info. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Malcolm and Hoshi Discussion”