R/S: Why?

For all those girls that can't get enough of the British bomber.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: R/S: Why?

Postby Aquarius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:34 am

I don't 'ship for them, either, but I can totally see it. I haven't given it much thought before, but I can certainly see things in Malcolm that women in general would find attractive. As I start seeing the episodes again, I'll watch with an eye in that direction... I'm still all about TnT, but it'll be fun to watch things with another perspective.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 pm

I thought Malcolm was nice to Hoshi after she "screamed like a 12 year old" in "Fight Or Flight" but honestly "Sleeping Dogs" sold me on the idea. The look on his face when she told him to blow all 6 torpedos was priceless. The man is a complete pyro, and he appreciated her spunk. Also she was a little flirty when she gave him the pineapple cake. And they're both so intriverted in completely different ways. They're balanced, all great romances but particularly in Trek are balanced. Even when the characters are screwed up the one's strength's compliment the other's weakness. I just think Hoshi and Malcolm have that same vibe.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:08 am

OMG It's all Alelou's fault!!!! She sends me to trekcore, which I have never been and I find this... http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/ ... 54_019.jpg

A deleted scene from "Broken Bow" it looked like Hoshi got a shock from a control panel and Mal checks her hands. WHY DID THEY NOT DEVELOP THESE TWO!!!!!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:09 pm

The link doesn't work. I got a 404 Forbidden error.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Dang! The same thing happened with me when Alelou sent me links. OK I'll retrace my steps hold on... OK Step 1. go to Trekcore dot com Step 2. Click on ENT Step 3. Click Episode guide, "Broken Bow pt1" Step 4. Click Screencaps deleted scenes 154. And there you have it. Sorry for the stupid link. Oh hi Aquarius!

Fics

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Postby alt_Toza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 pm

I like Malcolm but the way they wrote him sometimes makes me want to throw my tea at the TV. It's like he's sometimes slogging away, doing his best to keep the ship safe despite the best efforts of the rest of the crew and their lax way of working, and the next he's trying to sacrifice himself in some stupid attempt to die for some reason, any reason. And the way he went on and on and moaned in Shuttlepod One really annoyed me after a while - I wasn't angry at him, funnily enough, but the writers. It's just how my brain works... (But his dad was Gruber from 'Allo 'Allo - http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/alloallo/ -! How weird was that! And I think Hoshi's dad was Buck Bokai from DS9, wasn't he...?)

So a few people here like him because of the accent? At least it's nice to get a real English bloke on the set instead of someone pretending, like a reverse Hugh Laurie. :lol: I think that could be half of the reason I like him - he sounds familiar. :D And I remember during his fisticuffs with Hayes that his polished elocution slipped just a tad in places. Made me like him even more.

I was pretty bummed he never seem to get any. And when it looked like he was, it was all just a ruse to distract him. Not fair. Hoshi would have been great for him - and there were certainly enough chances for them to find reasons to get more acquainted. And he did see her half naked when her shirt got caught in that vent. ;-)

But I can see why a pretty accent would attract people. I think it's what I first noticed about Trip.
---

http://twitter.com/TozaBoma

"I don't wanna stoop that low - Kirk wouldn't stoop that low."
"That was a television show, John. And he made Priceline commercials."

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm

I didn't understand how the writers could make him tough and practical one minute and a drama queen the next. :dunno: But honestly Malcolm's number one most awsome attribute his love of blowing stuff up!!!! That's just sexy in fiction, in real life it depends on the cirumstances. ;-) That's why I was hooked on R/S when she told him to blow all of those Klingon torpedoes. I thought to myself... "Ooooh now THAT has potential" too bad they both got shafted.

Fics

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby alt_Toza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 pm

I did love his propensity for standing in the middle of a deep and meaningful argument and kind of just going: "I vote we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure!" :guffaw:

He was my hero when he said to Trip something like "You're good at putting things together, and I'm good at blowing them up" when on that Romulan drone ship, I think. Very aptly put.

And he's still about the only person on screen who can say 'jolly good' and make it sound like a threat. :guffaw:

He really should have got Hoshi. Or at least, more space babes. I mean come on, who doesn't like a man who can handle all his weapons?

(I want a smilie that does Trip's Eyebrow Of Innuendo from that blooper reel about giving the Captain 'a leg up', so I can put it right here....)
---

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:51 pm

:guffaw: Well poor Mal should have gotten SOMETHING even dull as dishwater Travis got a hot girl. Really it wasn't fair. He has so many good qualities; honor, loyalty, a wicked sense of humor, what's not to love? OK so in general I like men tall (with exceptions) but with Hoshi the hight thing works.

Fics

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby alt_Toza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Absolutely. And what he lacked in height, he made up for in being able to kick Haye's arse (yes, I count him the winner there). :guffaw:

Travis got the journalist, so Malcolm should have got her boss. She would have come down to the conference thing to set a few things straight and run into Malcolm, promptly wibble'd at his curt little chin-pull while he asserted his authority like the bad-ass terrier he can be, and she would have been reduced to a pile of mush, ready to obey his every command.

Well that's the way I see it, anyway. :badgrin: :lol:
---

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:15 pm

When it comes to relationships of any kind I'm a HUGE believer in balance. Strengths and weaknesses should be balanced, personalities should compliment not clash or be identical. Ideal? Yes. Realistic? Well up to a point. But I think Malcolm and Hoshi balance each other out, they're not opposites, but they're not the same either. I like that in a way they's be a far more serene pair than TnT. Because that's what would work for them. Anyway like I said it's nice and balanced.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:53 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I didn't understand how the writers could make him tough and practical one minute and a drama queen the next. :dunno:

Unfortunately, I get the impression from subtext sometimes that the writers were toying with the idea of making Malcolm their token closeted gay character. Sigh.

I still think Malcolm/Hoshi works.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Distracted wrote:I still think Malcolm/Hoshi works.

ABSOLUTELY.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 pm

Just to be clear the concept of a "token" character of ANY kind makes me cringe. But Malcolm I don't think so. Archer? HECK YES!

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:15 pm

I still think the actor brought some subtext to Malcolm's role, but maybe I'm wrong. I have to rent Trekkies 2 again. I could have sworn DK was out. Or maybe I just thought so because he had such great chemistry with Steven Culp.

Archer? I could see him going either way, actually, but the day we have a canonical gay captain is going to be a day a long way down the road.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Malcolm and Hoshi Discussion”