R/S: Why?

For all those girls that can't get enough of the British bomber.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: R/S: Why?

Postby Ulva » Thu May 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Well, yer never gonna turn me into a R/S shipper anyway. :p Being serious for a moment, coming back from the Expanse, knowing that his focus on his job could cost him something he longs for though he won't admit it openly, would at least make him consider taking a risk, I agree on that. Doesn't automatically mean Hoshi is the chosen one though.

One reason why I've been criticising the idea of R/S is that just because people of oposite sexes are friendly towards each other it doesn't mean they will have a romance. (Another is that I'm not looking for pairings in a telly series.) I'm not blind though, so I recognise that Aeryn and Crichton is an undisputed pairing where you can enjoy the ride. TnT weren't that obvious because the writers where all over the place when it came to them, but you couldn't ignore some interesting components, like the differences that lead to arguments which they could set aside to work together. There were progress between them, and that was fun. Between Mal and Hoshi? Not so much IMNSHO.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 12, 2011 8:20 pm

To each there own!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

PoweredByCoffee
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby PoweredByCoffee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:49 am

I always liked that Hoshi tried to stay as, innocent isn't the right word but I don't have a better one, and Malcolm was always a prepare for the worst type of guy. I think they balance each other out nicely.
"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised." - Captain Kathryn Janeway, Professional Badass

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

Agreed!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

PoweredByCoffee
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby PoweredByCoffee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 am

It was nice to see someone not think they were going to die every second. :P
"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised." - Captain Kathryn Janeway, Professional Badass

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:42 am

Well the way they were written makes that assumption reasonable. But that's a can of worms I shouldn't open.

Fics

PoweredByCoffee
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby PoweredByCoffee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 am

If Hoshi was given proper writing and more of a backstory she would have been a break out on the show.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm

You know I agree! I saw Linda Park in an episode of The Mentalist and she was fabulous! I keep hoping they have her back.

Fics

PoweredByCoffee
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby PoweredByCoffee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Even if they kept her as being nervous about space travel if they had given time to showing her going though her path to get her sea legs it would have been better than making her what they did. The screamer.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 pm

At least her scream wasn't hurtful to the ears. :D

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:28 pm

My story "Green" tried to give Hoshi a backstory. Fact is a couple of my stories gave Hoshi a little background.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 am

Just giving a heads-up to any R/S shippers who may be interested, I've done a much smaller version of Alelou's fabulous TnT 'Missing Scenes' series for Malcolm and Hoshi, and have just started posting it on FanFiction.net.

Distracted did kindly offer to post them on here, but I didn't think there would be sufficient interest. However, she did suggest I mention it on this board, so consider it mentioned. ;-)

Hope to see one or two of you over there!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 am

Since several authors around here have Malcolm and Hoshi at least as a secondary 'ship, I don't think that there is a lack of interest, but you sure as hell have a better chance to get some comments on ff.net if you post quick enough to keep it on the front page for more than a day.

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for the tip. I have them all written, so it'll largely depend on how quickly I get them back from my beta reader as to how quickly I get them on to the site. :)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Eireann wrote:Thanks for the tip. I have them all written, so it'll largely depend on how quickly I get them back from my beta reader as to how quickly I get them on to the site. :)

Keep an eye on the front page. Don't post too soon. Sometimes there's no activity for days and suddenly your updated story goes from top spot to second page within six hours (happened to me, when our very own Distracted posted like a bazillion stories at once ;) ) always time your new chapters so that your story stays on page one, else comments will be as rare as on TriS.

Return to “Malcolm and Hoshi Discussion”