What's next?

For all those girls that can't get enough of the British bomber.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

What's next?

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:16 am

As some of you may know, the Malcolm/Hoshi pairing has been a significant subplot in both my Virtual Season Five and Season Six stories. They're sort of stuck in a rut now, though. (A bit of a kinky rut, but a rut nonetheless.) While I'm trying to come up with a major plotline to follow for the next story arc, I thought I'd bring up the issue of what the readers would like to see happen with Malcolm and Hoshi as a subplot.

I'm trying to keep the crew together for story and canon purposes, so aside from being promoted off the ship or getting married and pregnant and going back to Earth to live happily ever after, what would you like to see happen? Do you want turmoil or another secret wedding? (Personally, I think one secret marriage among the bridge crew is QUITE enough, but that's just my opinion.) I was thinking maybe bringing Section 31 back into the picture. Malcolm already owes Harris a favor from the last time they were on Vulcan (Remember the story where Mal got to blow up 2000 year old doors?). Only this time they approach Hoshi instead. Whatcha think?

I've also got to get the pregnant women back to Earth, so while they're there maybe Mal could visit Hoshi's family. I'd love to do something set in Japan. Does anybody know if that's where Hoshi's family is supposed to live? Do we know anything at all about them?

Help me out, here, guys. I'm running out of ideas.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:26 am

Kill one of them off.

Twisted Evil Waits patiently for Dis' response...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 am

RIGIL!Grrrrrr! Evil or Very Mad

Anybody else with something USEFUL to contribute? Smile
Image sig by chrisis1033

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:25 am

Heh. I just knew that would be the result...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

RxChiquita
Cadet
Cadet

Postby RxChiquita » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:57 am

What all do we know about Mal's sister Maddie? Maybe she could get hitched (or a sibling/cousin of Hoshi's?) and you could have Hoshi and Malcolm attend as a couple and play Meet the Parents (and sibs, cousins, family pet, nosy neighbor, high school sweetheart, ex fiance(e), yadda, yadda).

Come to think about it, Hoshi's family, if they are non-military, might be clueless as to the whole 'fraternization' issue/concern (although, in our realm, isn't frat'in truly an issue when ranks of the two servicepersons involved are separated by two or more steps -or- serve within the same chain of command? - I've never noticed where these two fall under the same command scheme and they're of different branches (communications vs. security) Is Hoshi still an ensign? 'Cause I'd hope she'd've been bumped up to lieutenant by now - junior officer ranks tend to promote after a shorter time in grade...in our realm, at least) and should prove to be the easier side to infiltrate, especially as reserved as Malcolm is.

For that matter - you could explore both families this way - Hoshi's cousin gets married in a traditional Japanese ceremony (imagine the imagery!) and Malcolm's sister has a baby - if attending those two events together doesn't scare off the poor boy, then nothing will! Wink

BTW - Distracted, I adore your work - I'm tickled that you'll continue to write even though Trip/T'Polers is going into stasis Very Happy
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Those are some really good subplot ideas, RxChiquita. (Great name, BTW. You wouldn't happen to be a pharmacist of Latin extraction? Or maybe just someone who believes in the consumption of daily potassium for good health? Wink )

Yes, in my series, Hoshi is a lieutenant, and Malcolm's been promoted to lieutenant commander. As a matter of fact, practically the only people who haven't been promoted are Archer and TnT, mainly because I'm not ready to separate the crew yet by promoting them off the ship. A more domestic subplot could be fun, especially if Section 31 tries to contact Hoshi at home and grampa is a sensei and master of the bo... Stick to Da Head! Laughing
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:43 pm

I vote for section 31 recruits Hoshi.

RxChiquita
Cadet
Cadet

Postby RxChiquita » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Distracted wrote:...Great name, BTW. You wouldn't happen to be a pharmacist of Latin extraction? Or maybe just someone who believes in the consumption of daily potassium for good health? Wink

Pharmacist - Why, yes, I are!

of Latin extraction - Alas, no...simply a po' wittle Southern gal. Named for my grandmother, "Juanita" - have had the nickname "Juanita Chiquita" for ages...BTW, you all have non-Latin 'Juanita's down Louisiana way, don'cha? I think I've got a Cajun girlfriend whose mother-in-law is one.

someone who believes in the consumption of daily potassium for good health - but, of course! :banana: ..."I'm Chiquita banana and I'm here to say, 'banana is good for you in every way'"... :banana:

Distracted wrote:... Stick to Da Head! Laughing

- for some reason, that prompted a mental frequency hop to Remo Williams - OMG, it is so Friday!
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:45 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Kill one of them off.

Twisted Evil Waits patiently for Dis' response...

Hehe! Why doesn't this answer coming from the bloodthirsty misanthrope surprise me? Twisted Evil
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:45 pm

See? You're destined to be one of us. Why else would there be a dancing banana smiley here, hmmm?

Juanita? Can't say as I know any Juanitas. It's a name of Spanish origin, I thought. Down here in south Louisiana you're more likely to see a Jeanette, but we get all kindsa names.

"Stick to Da Head" is from an old Dr. Demento song. Twisted Evil

Oops. Now I've gone and dated myself. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
Image sig by chrisis1033

Bether6074
Site Donor

Re: What's next?

Postby Bether6074 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:20 pm

Distracted wrote:Help me out, here, guys. I'm running out of ideas.

Shock Shock Shock Shock You are out of ideas? Shock Shock Shock Shock What's this world coming to? Shock Shock Shock Shock

I can't say I ever remember hearing anything about Hoshi's family. That way you can make up her family. I bet you'd have fun with that.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: What's next?

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:36 pm

Bether6074 wrote:I can't say I ever remember hearing anything about Hoshi's family.

Season 2 Vanishing Point (another of the mediocre to crappy eps of that season) had Archer speaking to Sato's father. Granted, it was some sort of freaky hallucination, but it did give you something to go with regarding her dad. The guy was kind of a butt nugget, and since this was from Hoshi's POV...

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Well, if it was in season 2, that would explain it, since I've seen virtually none of it yet. Neutral

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Bether6074 wrote:Well, if it was in season 2, that would explain it, since I've seen virtually none of it yet. Neutral

No big loss. You can probably count on one hand the number of episodes from that season that are actually worth watching...

Hoshi's dad: (click for a bigger pic)

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:34 pm

Chubby lil' guy, ain't he? Thanks, Rigil. Very Happy
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Malcolm and Hoshi Discussion”