Perceptions of Hoshi

For all those girls that can't get enough of the British bomber.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Perceptions of Hoshi

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue May 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:I'm planning on Hoshi being aboard the NC-06 for the whole of Endeavour: Grendel (once I finish Acheron, anyway), so I guess we'll see if I can finally lock down her character...

Egad, I hope it's not another battle. Going into battle and risking leaving an orphaned son would be irresponsible.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue May 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Have any of my Endeavour fics not had a battle in them? Cool
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu May 24, 2007 2:22 am

Well, the last one didn't have a battle on the ship.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Tue May 29, 2007 3:28 pm

Hoshi reminds me alot of myself actually.

I was very shy quiet and wallflowerish in High School.

Imagine everyone's shock when I announced I was going into the Army.

Based on my character no one thought I could do it.....but I did.

So in that regard I don't find the marital arts revelation to be so shocking.

Even the scardy cats (and believe me it takes one to know one! Because at one point and time I was one!) can have bad ass tendencies!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 pm

T'Sara wrote:So in that regard I don't find the marital arts revelation to be so shocking.

Even the scardy cats (and believe me it takes one to know one! Because at one point and time I was one!) can have bad ass tendencies!

Interesting Freudian spelling slip there, T'Sara, but we know what you mean. Twisted Evil It IS possible to be ladylike AND a badass...in the appropriate situations, of course. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Hoshi is a character that I really hated until "Sleeping Dogs." My first impression of her was, "Oh lovely, a twenty-something little girl prodigy with a huge crush on the Older Distinguished Captain. Who will hate the "other woman" because said Captain will go into lust. Oh look she's whining! Great. Time for the Distinguished Older Captain coddle her and everything is all better." I was like What the heck! This is ST people! Woman don't whine unless under alien influence or they're Kes. But after "Sleeping Dogs" I fell in love with her potential. I didn't mind the martial arts thing. Why would she think her ability would work against Klingons, Xindi, and Orions? She knows they work against human men, aliens are different. All in all she was tragically underdeveloped. Just like the entire series.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue May 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Ugh. I never saw the A/S thing. He's old enough to be her father. (I wasn't even comfortable dating a guy 13 years older.) Plus I just never saw chemistry, other than him being a mentor.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 11:34 pm

That was only my first impression. They fixed a lot of the bad stuff then they ignored her. It's a crying shame too.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby ginamr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 am

I do have to say this. I think they did a better job with Hoshi and Reed's character development than with most of the others. Trip went from happy-go-lucky and eager to explore to a whinny, emotional girl. T'Pol went from stoic, independent, and strong to a scared little girl. Archer went from a strong leader to a "woe is me, I had to make a hard decision" asshole. Phlox didn't really change, nor did Travis (prolly cuz we didn't see him that much in his own storyline). Reed and Hoshi went through the most believeable development of the bunch. Though Reed softened as time went on, he didn't completely break away from his character. We still believed him to be Malcolm Reed, just with a softer more human side. Hoshi from the beginning was portrayed as a mostly optimistic character. Despite the tough challenges and her moments of weakness, that part of her personality remained obvious for the entire series.
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm

In the sense of positive character development you're right Malcolm and Hoshi weren't assassinated too badly. If you can forget Communicator that is. But they were under used. Tragically so.

Fics

Return to “Malcolm and Hoshi Discussion”