I really don't know if this could go here

Post all your music videos, links, and discussion here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

I really don't know if this could go here

Postby Escriba » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm

It's not a picture, and it's not a video. It's a music compilation. I've seen them in other fandoms, so I decided to do one. It's because I'm in one of my hiper-creative periods (which are a real nightmare for me, honestly) and I need to do things quickly and then forget them.

So I've done a music compilation. You know, a CD with songs that remind me of Trip and T'Pol. Although I've focused more in their relationship in the third and fourth seasons. It's called "TNT: Explosive Compilation for Logical Romantics" (you can kill me now :D) The cover is crappy but what do you want in 5 minutes. Regarding the songs... well, it's my choice, so they can be totally arguable (not just the style taste, but the lyrics too.) Three of them are in Spanish (well, if you want some in your own native language, do your own compilation :raspberry: :D ), but I'll translate (badly) the lyrics.

There is the link the music (please, to download it, right button and "save as". Please, pretty, pretty please.)

Now, the songs and what they mean or why I've chosen them.

1- Cosmic girl by Jamiroquai. OK, this has nothing to do with TnT :D , but it's funny and it's good to have something funny before the angst ride.

2- Accidentally in love by Counting Crows. Because that's what happened with Trip and T'Pol, above all after "Similitude".

3- Delicate by Damien Rice. And then "Harbinger" came :mrgreen:

4- Ordinary Day by Dolores O'Riordan. I don't know you, but I can totally see Trip singing it in his "longing puppy phase". Besides, I made a video using this song, so... :D

5- Pesadilla en el parque de atracciones (nightmare in the funfair) by Los Planetas. Because after being nice, Trip could get a little sick of rejecting T'Pol. I would pay to see him sing this song. The lyrics are devastating (I put the Spanish lyrics too, just in case somebody could translate them better than me.) This choice is abosilutly debatable.

I want you to know that I've expected (Quiero que sepas que ya me esperaba)
this to happen and that there's no problem (que esto ocurriera y que no pasa nada)
It just says I was right and that 've been learning (Que solo me da la razon y que he estado aprendiendo)
of every moment that I've been with you (de cada momento que he estado contigo)
And I'll apply against my enemies (Y pienso aplicar contra mis enemigos)
your dirty persecution tactics (tus tacticas sucias de acoso y derribo)
Because I've gotten something good (Que tambien he sacado algo bueno)
of all this mess (de todo este enredo)
And I want you to know (Y quiero que sepas)
that I hope you end hanging from a pine (que espero que acabes colgando de un pino)
when you see how stupid you've been (cuando veas lo imbecil que has sido)
when you see you've done it awful (cuando veas que lo has hecho fatal)
And I want you to know (Y que quiero que sepas)
that it's been hell to be with you (que ha sido un infierno estando contigo)
That Hell is the more similar thing, (Que el infierno es lo mas parecido,)
you look a little like Satan (te pareces un poco a Satan)

I want you to know that I'm used (Quiero que sepas que me he acostumbrado)
to your f*cking scenes of "now I clear off" (a tus putas escenas de "ahora me largo")
Clear off really because it would be wonderful (Largate ya de verdad que seria una suerte)
if I don't see you in the next years (si no vuelvo a verte en los proximos años)
For me you could throw yourself from a cliff (Por mi que podrias tirarte de un tajo)
because what you do doesn't matter me (que ya lo que hagas me trae sin cuidado)
If I think about it I'd rather it (Si me pongo a pensarlo un momento creo que lo prefiero)
So you know that I hope you end shooting yourself (Asi que ya sabes que espero que acabes pegandote un tiro)
when you see how stupid you've been (Cuando veas lo imbecil que has sido)
when you see you've done it awful (Cuando veas que lo has hecho fatal)
And I want you to know that it's been hell to be with you (Y que quiero que sepas que ha sido un infierno estando contigo)
that you almost get rid of me (Que por poco acabas conmigo)
but I'm difficult to kill (pero soy dificil de matar)
And I know you to know that it's been hell to be with you (Y que quiero que sepas que ha sido un infierno estando contigo)
Hell isn't so much of a punishment (Que el infierno no es tanto castigo)
You look a lot like Satan (Te pareces bastante a Satan)

6- Real love by Regina Spektor. After unsettled times there are always more peaceful ones. Think of this as the song from "Countdown" to "Home". Ah, love, wonderful feeling... The original composer is John Lennon. By the way, I apologize for the little cut in the middle, I didn't find a better version.

7- Mil millones de veces (a billion times) by Los Planetas. Yeah, another song used for other of my videos :D I think it suits Trip and T'Pol's relationship from "Home" to "The Aenar". Translation and lyrics:

If you stay just tonight (Si te quedas esta noche nada mas)
If you stay just tonight (Si te quedas esta noche nada mas)

I promise I'm going to change (Prometo que voy a cambiar)
I promise I'm going to change (Prometo que voy a cambiar)

And the promises you can't keep (Las promesas que no puedes mantener)
And the promises you can't keep (Las promesas que no puedes mantener)

You shouldn't make them (No las deberias hacer)
You shouldn't make them (No las deberias hacer)

The lies that you keep telling (Las mentiras que no paras de contar)
The lies that you keep telling (Las mentiras que no paras de contar)

I'm not going to believe them anymore (No las voy a creer mas)
I'm not going to believe them anymore (No las voy a creer mas)

Your friends who keep calling (Tus amigos que no paran de llamar)
Your friends who keep calling (Tus amigos que no paran de llamar)

I can't stand them (No los puedo soportar)
I can't stand them (No los puedo soportar)

If I find out you're fooling me again (Si descubro que me vuelves a engañar)
If I find out you're fooling me again (Si descubro que me vuelves a engañar)

I'm not going to forgive you (No te voy a perdonar)
I'm not going to forgive you (No te voy a perdonar)

If you hurt me once more (Si me vuelves a hacer daño una vez mas)
If you hurt me once more (Si me vuelves a hacer daño una vez mas)

I don't know what's going to happen (No se lo que va a pasar)
I don't know what's going to happen (No se lo que va a pasar)

If suddenly you don't have a place to go (Si de pronto no te queda donde ir)
If suddenly you don't have a place to go (Si de pronto no te queda donde ir)

Don't come looking for me (No vengas a buscarme a mi)
Don't come looking for me (No vengas a buscarme a mi)

8- We might as well be strangers by Keane. I admit I would miss this one if it wasn't for one of Drogna's stories. It's the perfect accompaniment for "The Aenar".

9- Galletas (cookies) by La casa azul. The happiest sonf for a "broken heart" I've ever listened :D Funny and naïf. I can imagine Trip walking through the Columbia singing it in his head. Translation and lyrics:

Un rayo de sol vuelve a brillar (A sunshine brights again)
en mi corazón hay algo mejor (in my heart there is something better)
que todo lo que había ayer (that everything that was yesterday)
ya no hay fotografías (there are no more photographies)
ni grises nubes ni tenues días (nor grey clouds or faint days)
llorando en navidad (crying at Christmas)

Hoy vuelvo a pasear por mi ciudad (Today I walk again through my city)
pisando hojas secas (stepping on dry leafs)
y merendando galletas. (and having cookies for tea.)

No sé si sabes (I don't know if you know)
que ya no te quiero (that I no longer love you)
que ni siquiera te echo de menos (that I don't even miss you)
y aunque tú creas (and although you think)
que he perdido el tiempo (that I've lost my time)
he construido un gran mundo en un rayo de sol (I've built a great world on a sunshine)

Lo mejor de todo es que al final (The best thing of all is that at the end)
siempre hay una canción (there is always a song)
para poder cantar y fabricar mil sueños (to be song and make thousands of dreams)
que borren los recuerdos y escondan aquellos miedos (that wipe the memories and hide those fears)
que me asustaban (that scared me)

Volverá a nevar por navidad (It will snow at Christmas again)
hoy vuelvo a pasear por mi ciudad (today I walk again through my city)
pisando hojas secas (stepping on dry leafs)
y merendando galletas. (and having cookies for the tea.)

10- Where does the good go by Tegan and Sara. I know, I know, "Grey's Anatomy"?! Well, at that time, from "Affliction" to "Divergence", with indecise women, too much angst, weird dreams and awfully nice men, yes you could say "Enterprise" was "Grey's Anatomy" :lol:

11- Human by The Pretenders. Trip's answer to T'Pol about why he is suffering :) Besides, I'm very influenced by Ancasta's videos.

12- Catch you by Sophie Ellis Bexton. Because when T'Pol goes for Trip, she goes seriously :D Not the best song in History, but it's catchy and it has "engine" in its lyrics (this difficult, you know.)

13- Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright. It works perfectly as a epilogue. Beautiful and melancholic. I love it.

Bonus track- Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. I really hate, hate, HATE this song, but it's T'Pol's song. It defines her. It's awful when this happens.

Those are the songs. Be free to download the album (it's in zip. file by the way) and criticize the songs, the cover... whatever you want.

Ah, if the Admins think this isn't allowed here (for whatever reasons) feel free to remove it if you want.

Pheewww... done :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: I really don't know if this could go here

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 pm

I think it is a very creative idea. At lot of songs I don't know, but I do know number two! It is one of my favorite TnT songs (together with the game of love) also thanks to a very nice vid of TnT I saw once. I liked it that you used Spanish songs. The text of number 5 is very heavy. I know it is poetic and in translation the meaning gets altered, but I would never ever call some one satan, It means destroyer, opponent, it symbols selfishness and pride and it is the opposite of love. At the other end, the text of number 9 is really funny, I think.
I used to do a lot in radio and with music you really can tell a story. So great idea!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Wow, you ARE in a creative manic phase. I hope this means another chapter of Disruption before too long.

No idea what the admins think, but the idea is kinda cool.

I don't see Trip ever getting quite that murderous about T'Pol, personally. But I'm curious to hear how this song sounds.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm

Are Basques so full of such gorgeous ideas? On another occasion I said I would like to go there (You know: what you said in the matter of Basque females and... Italian males :lol: ).
Now I have found another good reason. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Yes, I know the 5 is very heavy, tha's why I said it was arguable. That's what happens with Los Planetas, I adore the group and most of their songs, but thay have the most incredible hate songs I've never listened. I think the leader's ex was a real witch or something, because the lyrics describe her as one :D On the other hand, they have the most amazing love song of all times: "Canción para ligar (o para que no me dejes)" (Song to flirt (or to prevent you of leaving me)"

Alelou wrote:Wow, you ARE in a creative manic phase. I hope this means another chapter of Disruption before too long.

Ha, I wish! Besides the "I need to fix the subplot" problem, me being in a creative-maniac phase means I'm going to be hiperactive and I'm going to begin thousands of things but end none of them. I hate this phase, I can't sleep, I can't focus... I'm just hiperactive. It's like taking speed, but without taking it.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Asso wrote:Are Basques so full of such gorgeous ideas? On another occasion I said I would like to go there (You know: what you said in the matter of Basque females and... Italian males :lol: ).
Now I have found another good reason. :D

Well, I can't talk about the others :lol:

By the way, here the Basque phone company is airing a wonderful spot. It's about a group of girls on the beach that is approached by a group of guys. The boys begin to speak Italian and the girls smile and seem interested (because, you know, Italians here flirt :D ) When one of the guys gives his mobile the girls discover its from the Basque phone company and one of them asks in Basque: "Where are you from?" It's hilarious :guffaw:

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Yes, it is! :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Escriba wrote:Yes, I know the 5 is very heavy, tha's why I said it was arguable. That's what happens with Los Planetas, I adore the group and most of their songs, but thay have the most incredible hate songs I've never listened. I think the leader's ex was a real witch or something, because the lyrics describe her as one :D On the other hand, they have the most amazing love song of all times: "Canción para ligar (o para que no me dejes)" (Song to flirt (or to prevent you of leaving me)"

Okay, so where's that one??? Never mind, I just went to YouTube. There's even a convenient version with the words going slowly enough that I can almost figure out what the heck they mean (or at least think, "I know I learned that verb in Spanish, what the heck is it?").

Escriba wrote:Ha, I wish! Besides the "I need to fix the subplot" problem, me being in a creative-maniac phase means I'm going to be hiperactive and I'm going to begin thousands of things but end none of them. I hate this phase, I can't sleep, I can't focus... I'm just hiperactive. It's like taking speed, but without taking it.

Hmm. Lithium? Ritalin? Actually I go through something like that every month but I've learned to just enjoy it. I don't even mind the insomnia. Truth is I'm a little worried about what life will be like without that creative surge.

And obviously you did finish your album.
Image.Image

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:41 am

Hey, this is a pretty good idea. 8) (Perhaps you have the same problem I do: whenever I'm suppossed to be "creating" something else, say a building or structure, I start getting creative ideas about everything except for the stuff I need to work on... And thus, procrastination ensues).

I love Delicate by Damien Rice. I've always thought it is a great song for TnT. And Hallelujah is awesome for them as well.

Meanwhile, I've been having these flashes of Trip or TnT every time I hear Lucky Man by The Verve.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:39 am

Pitseleh wrote:Meanwhile, I've been having these flashes of Trip or TnT every time I hear Lucky Man by The Verve.

Oh yeah, I could definitely see that! (Though after checking it out on youtube I had to google the lyrics just to figure out if there were as few lines there as it seemed.)
Image.Image

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 am

The song is quite repetitive, but I think it would make a nice video if I could get my hands on some software. For some reason, WMM doesn't quite work in my computer. :?
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:15 am

Pitseleh wrote:Hey, this is a pretty good idea. 8) (Perhaps you have the same problem I do: whenever I'm suppossed to be "creating" something else, say a building or structure, I start getting creative ideas about everything except for the stuff I need to work on... And thus, procrastination ensues).

You bet 8) By the way, interesting choice of song.

Alelou wrote:
Escriba wrote:Yes, I know the 5 is very heavy, tha's why I said it was arguable. That's what happens with Los Planetas, I adore the group and most of their songs, but thay have the most incredible hate songs I've never listened. I think the leader's ex was a real witch or something, because the lyrics describe her as one On the other hand, they have the most amazing love song of all times: "Canción para ligar (o para que no me dejes)" (Song to flirt (or to prevent you of leaving me)"

Okay, so where's that one??? Never mind, I just went to YouTube. There's even a convenient version with the words going slowly enough that I can almost figure out what the heck they mean (or at least think, "I know I learned that verb in Spanish, what the heck is it?").

You're a brave woman :) Anyway, just if it helps:

I can't promise you I'll change, (No te puedo prometer que canviaré,)
I don't know if I'll be able to do it, (no sé si podré hacerlo,)
but I know you're everything I want. (pero sé que eres todo lo que quiero.)

I can't say I won't make you cry (No puedo decir que no te haré llorar)
and that I'm going to be sincere (y que voy a ser sincero)
I can't promise you that the future will be perfect, (No te puedo prometer que en el futuro sea perfecto,)
but future is the least important thing. (pero el futuro es lo de menos.)

I can't say I'm going to be there, (No te puedo decir que voy a estar ahi,)
when you need me most, (cuando mas me necesites,)
but I can try if you ask me. (pero puedo intentarlo si lo pides.)

I'm not going to say I'll take care of you (No voy a decir que cuidaré de ti,)
I don't even know how to take care of myself. (ni siquiera sé cuidarme.)
It's posible that it's me the one who needs to be saved... (Es posible que sea yo quien necesite que lo salven...)

But I love you more than anybody... (Pero te quiero mas que a nadie...)
I'm sure of that, (de eso estoy seguro,)
however much time goes by... (por mucho tiempo que pase...)

Because I love you more than anybody... (Porque te quiero mas que a nadie...)
I'm sure of that, (De eso estoy seguro,)
however much time goes by... (por mucho tiempo que pase...)

Alelou wrote:Hmm. Lithium? Ritalin? Actually I go through something like that every month but I've learned to just enjoy it. I don't even mind the insomnia. Truth is I'm a little worried about what life will be like without that creative surge.

And obviously you did finish your album.

Yeah, because it just costed me 10 minutes (not more), if it would have lasted longer, I would have left it. The problem is when I'm writing, trying to go on and the damn "creative gnome" begins to talk his ear off. I write beginnings for different stories to make him shut up, but noo way...

How do you do to focus?

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 am

I can't help with the focus -- that's actually better for me when I'm in the creative mode than it is the rest of the time. Seriously, in the rest of my life I basically have to write lists and use the calendar reminders on my computer and even then can be quite a struggle, except at work where the fact that I have to keep track of my hours and clients keeps me very organized. (Well, that and the inherent job insecurity of being a freelancer.)

I accidentally took some of my son's Ritalin instead of antibiotic one day and it was so wonderful. I was so focused and productive. It was less wonderful when I accidentally took it again that night and couldn't sleep a wink. Since I generally manage fairly well I haven't approached the doctor about trying this for real, even though I do have a reputation in my family for being -- mmm, let's put this kindly -- absent-minded. But if focus is a serious ongoing issue you might consider the possibility that there's an attention deficit. You don't have to be hyperactive to have that issue.
Image.Image

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:42 am

I don't know how available drugs like Ritalin are where you're from, but you should be careful about taking stimulants on your own without testing, though, Escriba, especially if the problem is a fairly recent development, since the definition of ADD includes the onset of symptoms before age 7. Adults who lack focus, get episodically hyperactive and can't sleep could also have mania, a condition which can be hereditary and gets much worse with stimulants. You treat mania with meds like Depakote or Lithium. Mild mania (hypomania) feels marvelous, like being on uppers. It's mainly a problem for everyone else because the person may want to stay up all night and clean the house or write a novel, but people with severe mania can do dangerous things because when they're manic they feel great... absolutely bullet-proof. They might do things like buy a car on a credit card or impulsively go after someone they disagree with and really hurt them. It can really get them in trouble. And most people with mania also have depressive periods, where they can't get motivated to do anything, sleep all the time, and feel very sad. Suicide is a risk during those times.

End of lecture. Sorry. Can't help it. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 am

I had a classmate whose last name was Mania :lol:
ImageImage

Return to “Music Video Threads”