Windows Movie Maker/ DVD maker

The place for posting new Trip and T'Pol fan videos and art, commenting on prior submissions, exchanging information, links, and advice with your fellow vidders. Free-handers and photo-manip artists welcome!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Windows Movie Maker/ DVD maker

Postby CX » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 am

I'm trying to burn an AVI file onto a DVD that I made in Movie Maker in a widescreen aspect ratio. When I export it to DVD maker and create the menu for it, then preview the DVD, everything looks fine. When I burn the DVD and put it in my player, the image for the movie has been squished down into a regular TV aspect ratio. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I might fix it?

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Windows Movie Maker/ DVD maker

Postby Elessar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 am

CX wrote:I'm trying to burn an AVI file onto a DVD that I made in Movie Maker in a widescreen aspect ratio. When I export it to DVD maker and create the menu for it, then preview the DVD, everything looks fine. When I burn the DVD and put it in my player, the image for the movie has been squished down into a regular TV aspect ratio. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I might fix it?

I don't know anything about WMM :(. Is the native AR of the AVI widescreen or standard? If it's standard, maybe WMM is for some reason failing to reformat it as widescreen.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “The Studio”