24 / Enterprise / Trek connection

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

24 / Enterprise / Trek connection

Postby justTripn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi guys! My husband is TV reviewer sometimes and he just reviewed the first four episodes of 24 for this season. (Starts next week). John Billingsly stars in the first episode, as a hostage. Brannon Bragga and Manny Coto are among the many executive producers. My husband says there are one or two other Star Trek actors in the first four episodes, but he can't remember their names. He thinks Rick Berman is involved, but that is just from memory. We comfirned the rest by playing the opening credits of the first episode. I asked, is Connor Trinneer in there anywhere and he said, possibly. There is a guy who seems like him but he was wearing a mask. As you know, 24, already had Alexander Siddig, who played Julian Bashir.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Re: 24 / Enterprise / Trek connection

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_%28season_7%29

Apparently Billingsley will play a recurring character. I don't see Trinneer listed anywhere, but the other names you mentioned are all detailed here.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:57 pm

I should add, that my husband says the first four episodes are pretty good.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:13 pm

I have to admit I've never watched the show. My only familiarity with it comes from a Simpsons take-off... that, and it seems that "What Would Jack Bauer Do?" somehow became official policy in regard to torturing terrorist suspects after 9/11.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:11 pm

justTripn wrote:Hi guys! My husband is TV reviewer sometimes and he just reviewed the first four episodes of 24 for this season. (Starts next week). John Billingsly stars in the first episode, as a hostage. Brannon Bragga and Manny Coto are among the many executive producers. My husband says there are one or two other Star Trek actors in the first four episodes, but he can't remember their names. He thinks Rick Berman is involved, but that is just from memory. We comfirned the rest by playing the opening credits of the first episode. I asked, is Connor Trinneer in there anywhere and he said, possibly. There is a guy who seems like him but he was wearing a mask. As you know, 24, already had Alexander Siddig, who played Julian Bashir.

I've noticed one other sci-fi actor so far - but he wasn't on Trek.

The guy playing the British SAS domestic terrorist/mercenary guy that Tony is working for, he played "Tannen" I believe was his name, on Stargate SG1. He was the host body of a particularly nasty Goa'uld who pretended to be a defector from the system lords to the Tok'ra but was really a double agent. He killed this token love interest of Teal'c's from back in the day (even though he was married?) named... Shantal or Shanti or something like that. Teal'c eventually killed him by smoking the dude's Al Quesh cockpit with like, a cannibalized death glider staff weapon he had slung around his shoulder, haha, in the episode "48 hours", where he got stuck in the gate buffer for 48 hours.

There must be some kind of connection between Paramount and 24, or maybe Viacom (the parent company) and 24. I mean 24 is on Fox... I have no idea if there are connections between Fox and Paramount. Maybe it's nothing official, just a bunch of colleagues getting each other jobs. That'd be a neat arrangement.

President Taylor's Chief of Staff, the guy who is keeping tabs on her husband, I don't think he was in Trek... but he was in a TON of other movies and TV. The first thing that comes to mind for some reason is Ace Ventura, :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:05 pm

There's a guy who looks like Harry Kim (Voyager) but he was such a periferral background guy, I kind of doubt it.

Return to “Other Trek”