Picard/Crusher shippers?

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Picard/Crusher shippers?

Postby CX » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 pm

I can actually see the appeal of why they wanted to have family aboard with them, mainly because of the ship's long deployments. Unlike current cruises, which are measured in months, the E-D was supposed to be on the outer rim exploring for years without having to stop by a Federation base, or even seeing another Federation ship for that matter. So they made the ship so bloody huge in order to essentially make it a city in space. And since Starfleet doesn't appear to have any non-frat policies, having spouses on board makes a kind of sense, and naturally you'd bring your kids with too.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:07 am

I'd think that the inclusion of spouses and children (and allowing single crew members the opportunity to develop such relationships) was inevitable for such long cruises any way. As human beings we have needs, and I can't think of many people who'd volunteer for such a long assignment without it. They probably needed to do it to keep recruiting up, so people wouldn't be so apprehensive of taking such long assignments.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 am

^ Good point.

Have you read stories by mackillian? She has some good P/C work. I particularly liked the series that started with "Snow Falling Softly."

Once upon a time, I wrote a short UST P/C story: (Some Nemesis spoilers.) Staying in Touch.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks for the recs! I'll be sure to check those out soon. :D
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “Other Trek”