Shockwave - Daniels' Machine

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Shockwave - Daniels' Machine

Postby Elessar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am

This has probably come up somewhere but I was watching Shockwave (at 4:49 AM I have nothing better to do) and noticed that when Reed and Archer are going through Daniels' little "future starship database", as Malcolm mentions, there are Klingon ships, Vulcan ringships, and two other notable Starfleet configurations I noticed:

Not sure of the exact name of this class, but I'm thinking Nova or Nebula for some reason.

Obviously Defiant (or Valiant, or Hornet if you consider that canon) class.

I went through the whole sequence in ultra slow motion and all they do is cycle through the same 5 or 6 screens. There's actually a ship I don't recognize (the one Malcolm points out doesn't look like any Klingon cruiser I've ever seen, but it could be intended to be post-24th century). They show these two more than once, they show what appears to be a Cardassian battleship I recognize from the Dominion War. It has the half-disc shaped section.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Shockwave - Daniels' Machine

Postby CX » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Elessar wrote:Image

Nova class

I don't know the left-most ship, but the one over the top of it is a Defiant class, and to the right of that is a Nova class. In the bottom row is an NX class and to the right of that is an Excelsior class. I don't see a Klingon or a Cardassian design there.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Did you figure all this out at 4 am, or was it a post-insomnial re-analysis?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:14 pm

No.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:49 am

CX wrote:
Elessar wrote:Image

Nova class

I don't know the left-most ship, but the one over the top of it is a Defiant class, and to the right of that is a Nova class. In the bottom row is an NX class and to the right of that is an Excelsior class. I don't see a Klingon or a Cardassian design there.

Oh, no no, I didn't post caps of the Cardassian one. And I didn't post caps of the "Klingon" one, but... off top of my head I suddenly realized it bore a little resemblance to a Jem'Hadar scout ship. Maybe Malcolm was pointing at something else.

I agree with you on all the designations. The first one that you don't recognize on the left is that 31st century time pod (I think), the one they find in "Future Tense" that Trip and Malcolm go "deep into" in that weird ...superdimensional... spatial... well... thing.

Excelsior was the one I knew I should know but didn't. I just knew it was some early-TNG or late-TOS era saucer-type vessel.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Other Trek”