Top Five Reasons Scotty Was Awesome

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Top Five Reasons Scotty Was Awesome

Postby thecursor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:40 pm

We all know Kirk was cool but let's face the facts, without Scotty everybody on that ship would be dead. Most of the time Scotty acted like the only guy with any damn sense. My Five Favorite Scotty Moments, I welcome you to contribute your own.

5- Saving the Universe, By Drinking (By Any Other Name-TOS)- The Kelvans are mean, strong, and evil and have their own Galaxy. Before the Borg came around, these guys were really scary and might still be out there ready to attack. So how does Scotty decide to take down his Kelvan attacker? Drinking Contest, and he owns the guy. Man Points awarded.

4- The Whole Movie (Final Frontier)- Star Trek the Final Frontier isn't exactly a well liked among Star Trek fans and the only reason it remains on my DVD shelf is because it's Scotty's finest movie moment. First he complains about having TOO MUCH time to fix an entire starship, then he goes John McClane-style on a bunch of pirates, Rescues Captain Kirk in an old fashioned prison break, and even gets a little Uhura loving (years after that meant something but still). Man Points award but watchout for that bulkhead!

3- Smackdown (The Trouble With Tribbles-TOS)- Scotty already doesn't like Klingons but when one of them starts dropping snow about the Enterprise, that about tears it. They can insult Kirk, they can insult him, but talk about Scotty's ship and he will throw you a damn beating. Man Points awarded!

2- Revenge By Tribbles (The Trouble With Tribbles-TOS)- If beating up a room full of drunken Klingons wasn't already awesome, Scotty decides to clean up the Tribble problem and give a final FU to the Klingon Empire by stuffing their ship wall to wall with the little bastards. Imagine that, Hundreds of proud Klingon Warriors now covered in Tribbles. That'll teach 'em. Man Points awarded.

1- Bullsh** (Relics-TNG)- Okay, so you know all those times Kirk called Scotty in a panic and Scotty would say he couldn't do anything in the time period Kirk gave him? Apparently he was lying so that way when he pulled it off, Kirk would think he was awesome. It takes nads to straight up lie to Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Man Points awarded!

Bonus- Time Travelling Scotsman (Voyage Home)- Anyone remember those time travel episodes where the crew is always sneaking around and trying not to get caught or change the flow of history? Yeah, Scotty does things a little differently. In search of a whale tank, Scotty proceeds to wipe his ass with Space-Time as he helps some guy invent transparent aluminium. By the way, Steve Jobs? Scotty is not impressed.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Re: Top Five Reasons Scotty Was Awesome

Postby Lady Rainbow » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love Scotty!

"Computer..." (Scotty talking into the mouse, ST IV)

"Level, please."
"Transporter room."
"Thank you."
"Up your shaft." (Scotty and the talking lift on Excelsior, ST III)

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain...Here, a souvenir, from one surgeon to another...I took it out of her main transwarp computer drive."
"Nice of you to tell me in advance."
(Scotty and McCoy, ST III)

"NCC 1701...no bloody A, B, C, or D." (Scotty, Relics)

"Don'cha know a jailbreak when you see one????" (Scotty, ST V)
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:42 pm

I think Final Frontier would've been a lot better if it was just Scotty crawling around the ship.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby evcake » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:11 pm

"Ach, ma bairns, ma puir, puir, bairns!" (Scotty in just about every episode)

Oh, I had such a crush on Scotty back in the day...I can almost feel that little gap in the space-time continuum where James Doohan used to be...

Come to think of it, he'd be on the etheric now. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:01 am

Scotty was my first love, too. Helped that he was Scottish (sort of). But he just didn't get as much interesting stuff to do, so eventually I transferred my affections to Spock.

Those were all great scenes for him. I also liked him in Galileo 7. Just quietly did what had to be done and didn't go all anti-Vulcan. But it's been a long time, so don't quote me on that.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Aye, Scotty was great! And the best Scotty moment for me was when James Doohan came to his last convention even thought he was very ill (a year before he "rang down stop engines for the last time"). In the photo below, you can see that his hand is very bruised. We weren't supposed to talk to him, but I said "thank you" right after this picture was taken, not expecting a response, but he nodded to me as I was walking away. We had to cycle through those photo shots quickly as so many people were trying to take advantage of this last photo op.

Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Hey! Pretty photo! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Scotty is one of my favorite characters . When it comes to startrek 3 I like the scene where he sabotages the Excelsiors warp drive. That line he says in the turbolift to the snooty computer Up your shaft :lol: .The looks on the faces of the Excelsior crew and that jerky Captain Styles the engines shut down & when the ship is dead in the water is priceless.The wrath Khan Scotty and his nephew some of those scenes in the director's cut of the dvd movie were pretty powerful after Peter died and he talks about saving the others when the trainees ran away and Kirk talks about Khan wanting revenge.I think was a great enigneer.

Return to “Other Trek”