ENT/X-Men thread (from General Chat)

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: ENT/X-Men thread (from General Chat)

Postby Escriba » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Sorry, but I disagree completely :D

Malcolm should be Cyclops and Archer Wolverine.

Cyclops: stiff, good soldier and doesn't connect well with people at personal level.
Wolverine: Does whatever he pleases, has a healing factor and survives everything (just like Archer) and can't be diplomatic even if he were paid.

Xavier, on the other hand, is paternal, but he has a very twisted side. He thinks he's right and if any of his students complains or decides to leave the team he plays the "nobody loves me" card. He is, again, absolutely sure he's right and he thinks mutants are superior in fact, what he says is that mutants shouldn't take advantage of their superior powers and should coexist with Humanity (note that he says Humanity as something Mutants aren't), because Humans are like defenceless children. I think he's fascinating :D

leslina wrote: T'Les would never have dragged T'Pol in her wicked cause.

She forced T'Pol to marry :doubt:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Escriba wrote:She forced T'Pol to marry :doubt:

I don't know that I would equate that with bombings and murder. :wink:
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Actually, if you think well about T'Less and Koss, they are a gorgeous duo, no doubt. (I hope my sarcastic tone could be clearly understood.)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:19 pm

We understand your sarcasm, Asso :D

leslina wrote:

I don't know that I would equate that with bombings and murder. :wink:

We're talking about Koss! That's worse! :lol: No, it's a joke. What I meant was that T'Les is ruthless. Fortunately she doesn't plant bombs, but she agreed to poke around Archer's mind. Yeah, you can say that she didn't want to, but she allowed it at last. Now that I think about that, T'Pol has inherited her gift to put herself in situations where there is no other option.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Escriba wrote:We're talking about Koss! That's worse! :lol: No, it's a joke. What I meant was that T'Les is ruthless. Fortunately she doesn't plant bombs, but she agreed to poke around Archer's mind. Yeah, you can say that she didn't want to, but she allowed it at last. Now that I think about that, T'Pol has inherited her gift to put herself in situations where there is no other option.

I suppose being coerced to marry someone you have no regard for in order to help your parent can be construed as diabolical and malicious. I concede to your logic Escriba. :P
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Escriba wrote: ...I think about that, T'Pol has inherited her gift to put herself in situations where there is no other option.

I think you will appreciate what I'm planning for Depths' conclusion. :badgrin:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:21 am

That's precisely why I'm waiting you to finish te entire story before reading it, evil, evil man :D My willpower is astonishing! :lol:

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

KKGlinka
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KKGlinka » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:07 am

Well, shoot, I should have just told you guys I wrote Minute Change and beta'd for Val. *laughs* I knew those usernames seemed familiar.

Now, then, weighing in with my character picks:

Trip, attitude and behavior wise, I'd go with Kitty Pryde (as presented in current continuty, especially Astonishing).

T'Pol is square, sensible, quietly bossy Scott who will shoot you if you're not reasonable.

Witty, daring Malcom is Gambit.

MU Hoshi was Mystique.

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 am

KKGlinka wrote:Well, shoot, I should have just told you guys I wrote Minute Change and beta'd for Val. *laughs* I knew those usernames seemed familiar.

Speaking of Minute Change... did you ever finish it? :P I wrote you an email about it waaaay back in '99 and you DISSED me! :tsktsk:

Val recently updated Blind Sight after a thousand year hiatus. A few of us at the GG nearly passed out from shock. A definite sign of the Apocalypse in my opinion. Abandoned fic is rarely ever revived, but I gotta give her credit. It was a wonderful comeback. So whatcha writing these days Miss KP?

KKGlinka
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KKGlinka » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:35 am

leslina wrote:Speaking of Minute Change... did you ever finish it? :P I wrote you an email about it waaaay back in '99 and you DISSED me! :tsktsk:

Oh, yeah, 1999. I was busy having a nasty nervous breakdown followed by a depressive spell. I don't think I wrote or drew anything that year, aside from the minimum requirements of my various courses. I don't remember most of that year, so I'll nod my head. As a matter of fact, the conclusion of MC has been sitting on my hard drive for a while. It's sort of embarrassing, really, but I don't remember what I wrote so I'd have to read my own fic to make sure it ties up correctly. :?
leslina wrote:Val recently updated Blind Sight after a thousand year hiatus... So whatcha writing these days Miss KP?

*nods* Has she posted Game of Empires, yet? She sent that out for beta this April, but I haven't been following the site for a while. Which is ironic seeing as my other half helped run the site and handled the messageboard for a while. As for me, I hung out with Catwoman fandom when it finally gained critical mass, wrote a bunch there. I'm in the middle of hashing out the fabulous adventures of the Pirate King (it recently hit novel length) and just recently posted a fic here. I think I'm in the midst of a sequel. *winces*

Return to “Other Trek”