Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Top Ten Star Trek Characters Who Most Deserve to be Shafted

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:26 am

Eian Flannagan wrote:the Borg children---Umm, were there any good episodes that featured them? That girl was downright creepy.
I rather liked "Child's Play," myself. They could've perhaps delved deeper into the idea of a society so terrified of the Borg that they will sacrifice their own children. It was an interesting concept and made for a good episode, I thought. Mind you, for VOY season 6 was, IMHO, the worst.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Alexander Worf's son was so annoying in TNG when they had the kid on the show with that forced relationship with Troi and Worf was ridiculous.I'm glad they sent the kid off to live with Worf's Human parents and dumped the relationship.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:39 am

KKGlinka wrote:
leslina wrote:"Royalty? On Vulcan?"

And Spock was going to marry a princess. I always figured that the royal or noble families were sort of vestigial culture. They still had their titles, but no true power. OTOH, I've also developed the distinct impression that Vulcan does, to a certain extent, have a class system based on a family's level of historical accomplishment. This is most evident when you see a single family dominating the ambassadorship, and such. I view it as part of epitomizing tradition in their society rather than any strict caste system.

That's been my take on it also. I can picture some sort of pre-Surakian "nobility" that still exists. Or that descendants of Surak's first "disciples" could be considered "royalty". Or both.

And it was stated in Amok Time that Spock's family was indeed important, which is why T'Pau was present at the kal-if-fee.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Return to “Other Trek”