What's your Trek? Create your own Trek series.

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Re: What's your Trek? Create your own Trek series.

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:47 am

I like your Voyager Redux...

If you make the Chakotay-like character a Pacific Islander, you could always make him Maori (from Samoa, New Zealand or Australia). The tattoo would have a strong cultural significance.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm

CX, I'm warming up to your Voyager idea, particularly the Andorian XO. At first I thought it was too radically different, but then I remembered I was thinking to myself that Sci Fi is so goddamn sexist and the gender ratio on most sci-fi series is something 70% male and 30% female. I was actually thinking last week that a show should be made that reverses that ratio without turning it into a series for lesbians or an ongoing chick flick like friggin' "Charmed".
I've also always wondered why they feel they must cast mostly men if their demographic is a horny male audience.

I've also had this idea that I'd consider going J/C if they started out doing sort of a spy vs. spy game where they gain intimate knowledge of each other like arch enemies. I've never been a J/Cer, but I think the whole plot line would just ooze chemistry that the actual series denied them.

Also, do you have any plans for 7of9 or are you just scrapping the character altogether?
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 pm

I'd include her, but I wouldn't get rid of Kes to do so. Oh, and she'd wear some frakkin' clothes too. ;)

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 pm

That would be a refreshing change.

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:39 am

CX wrote:Oh, and she'd wear some frakkin' clothes too. ;)

I OBJECT! :lol:

Alright, I'm sort almost done with a pilot episode for this, don't know if I'll actually go any further but here's a synopsis. CX and Black and Blue helped a bit with this. Anyone who wants to read what I have so far just PM me.

Star Trek: The Long Night
Synopsis

The Neutral Zone, a barrier of unpatrolled space between the Federation and some of it's more hostile neighbors. Officialy no colonies are supposed to exist with in the Neutral Zone but in one sector that rule is violated to the point of breaking.

It’s called "Tars Tavik" or The Long Night, a small nebula wedged between Klingon, Romulan, and Federation Space. Once part of the Neutral Zone, this den of cutthroats, refugees, and thieves is now firmly in Federation territory. Patrolling the hundreds of illegal colonies and desolate moons would require dozens of ships working in tandem, but Starfleet has been stretched to the breaking point after the end of the Dominon Wars and is forced to send untrained new captains in aging vessels to patrol an area that would intimidate even seasoned commanders.

The USS Nelson is Sara Lyons’ first command and it’s not exactly the technological marvel she was expecting. A Constellation class that’s long past it’s prime and a crew that isn’t nearly as reliable as she’d like. This assignment is her proving ground and if she isn’t careful, it might also be her last stand.

Characters-

Commander Sara Lyons-, Sara spent most of the Dominon Wars behind a desk reading security analysis reports and teaching classes at Starfleet Academy. Despite being a gifted administrator and a brilliant tactician, her limited field experience makes her a liability under high stress conditions. To Lyons, field work is a theoretical exercise, something to be read in a book.

Huang Wei- The thrice arrested, twice convicted career criminal strong armed by Lyons into scouting the nebula without pay. A former member of the Orion Syndicate, Wei’s been accused of everything from smuggling to drug dealing but it’s the murder he committed in Klingon space that’s put him in his current position. Facing extradition back to a Klingon penal colony, Wei’s forced to betray his code of criminal conduct to stay out of jail. Huang Wei cares about one thing and one thing only: Huang Wei

Lt. Commander Paul Frost- the 44 year old second in command of the Nelson has seen it all and done it all and he’s about ready to quit. Two years from retirement, Frost is phoning in his duties now. Most of his spare time is spent planning a life without Starfleet. The Dominion Wars have ruined Paul and he’s decided the time has come to walk away while he’s still got legs to do it. He ignores the annoying little girl they promoted above him and only puts forth the most basic effort his duty requires.

Major Timothy Wolfe- A Federation Marine with a stunning war record, Wolfe is a sad, quiet man whose wartime experiences have left him a broken shell of his former self. He’s seen too much death but can’t see a way out of his warrior life style. By taking an assignment with the Nelson, Wolfe hopes he can barter his way out of Federation Marine field work and into a Starfleet commission.

Dr. Neri Nunnoa- Neri is an Orinion woman fighting an uphill battle against everything her people stand for. To the races of the Federation she’s a devious over sexed monster and to her own people she’s a traitor turning her back on centuries of tradition. Years of being different have turned Neri into a bitter woman, a hate filled loner that refuses to accept help for anything and can’t tell her friends from her enemies. Much of her anger towards Starfleet stems from an obscure rule that forces Neri to take medication in order to suppress her body’s natural pheromones, creating a series of painful physical side effects and mental anguish. Her bedside manner is less then cordial and her opinion of her fellow crewmen is fairly low.

Ensign Martin Decker- The latest in a long line of space faring Deckers, Martin has a bright future ahead of him. With his name alone Decker is headed right to the top. To him the Nelson is just a bump along a golden road, big things are in his future and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop that. Decker is fairly playful guy, a trait that makes him cocky and a little spoiled.

Adversaries-

Kovir AKA “The Bone Lord“- He was once a brilliant Vulcan ambassador that truly believed in the idea of Reunification between Romulans and Vulcans. But after years of failure, he’s come to embrace a different idea: reunification is only possible when one of the two races has been broken and subjugated. Since leaving his post as ambassador and faking his death, Kovir snuck across the border to the Neutral Zone and blended in among the millions of other criminals and refuges living inside the Long Night. Inspired by the ancient myths of pre Surak Vulcan, he took the name “Bone Lord” to strike terror in the hearts of Romulans and founded a criminal organization that’s spread across light years. Instead of a mission of peace, Kovir is dedicated to overthrowing the Romulans through violent terrorist acts and uses the planets within the Nebula a base of operations. The Bone Lord is neither insane or emotional; to him his actions are a perfectly logical strategy that will lead to an end of hostilities between Vulcans and Romulans.

The Great Maw- He was once a member of a nameless race that threatened the universe at the dawn of time before the El Aurians, the Q, and the Organians destroyed his race and imprisoned him deep within the event horizon of a black hole. But the bloodshed of the Dominion War has stirred him from his slumber. A powerful telepath, The Maw communicates with “Those who want to hear him”, the down trodden members of the galaxy who have come to regard these dark whispers as the voice of the divine. His followers spread the gospel of the Great Maw like a religion, uniting the lost and damned souls that populate the Long Night with a sinister sense of purpose. The Maw’s most powerful weapon is the “Black Broadcasts”, subspace broadcasts that have the power to make people go insane or even kill them. Galactic history is filled with mysterious extinctions on thousands of worlds and science has come up with various explanations and theories but in truth it is the Maw, emitting his deadly subspace broadcasts as he slumbers. The Maw yearns for only Two things: Freedom from his prison and the extinction of all life in the Universe, especially the three races that dared imprison him.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:23 pm

A very dark cast for Star Trek, don't you think? The female Orion medical officer intrigues me, though. There's serious plot potential there.
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Wow, nothing to contribute but my applause for the imaginative ideas. They had a game like this at the Cherry Hill convention, which I thouroghly enjoyed. That game was Think Up the Plot of the Next Star Trek Movie. Interestingly, one of the favored ideas was a story with Marines, a story told from thebottom up. I don't remember there being Marines protecting colonists in Star Trek (colonists always seem to be without protection), but it would be a great way to tell a variety of stories in a variety of setings, that provide plenty of potential for drama. I have another proviso:

Not only should Starfleet ships have an ethnpoghrapher (Good point, BTW), but Star Trek writers should include an ethnoghrapher, so we don' keep seeing Americans with facial ridges introduced as the new aliens of the week. Or hire former Farscape writers to think up alien cultures. They did a great job giving us alien aliens.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Distracted wrote:A very dark cast for Star Trek, don't you think? The female Orion medical officer intrigues me, though. There's serious plot potential there.

It writes a little lighter then it sounds. You can read what I have if you want.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm

You should write an episode and post it on GoF in the Original Works section, then link it here. We could all enjoy it that way... unless you're planning to de-Trekify it and try to get it published.
Image sig by chrisis1033

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:33 pm

De-trekify it? Never.

GoF it is then.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Ironically I offered to host it for him at GoF when he first started asking me about it. :lol:

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:06 am

Yes, CX did offer first. :lol:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:38 am

Lady Rainbow wrote:I like your Voyager Redux...

If you make the Chakotay-like character a Pacific Islander, you could always make him Maori (from Samoa, New Zealand or Australia). The tattoo would have a strong cultural significance.

Which significance our of curiosity? I think IIRC, there were some Eastern American tribes that did some tattooing too, but it'd have been interesting to see a Pacific Islander since they don't get seen often outside of cannibal flicks... :roll:

Do you also happen to know if they had any mythical boogymen like most of the North American tribes did?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:18 am

Your Star Trek: The Long Night sounds really intriguing, cursor! This is a 24th century Trek that I can get behind.

The same goes for CX's Star Trek: Phoenix Rising. I especially like the Jellico and Shelby vibes. In fact, why not actually have those two characters? I've always thought they got a bad rap on TNG, and the fact that they both clashed with Riker is a big plus in my book.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Return to “Other Trek”