My Next Trek

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

My Next Trek

Postby CX » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:56 am

So, out of curiosity, what would people rather see as far as a 24th century fan series? A VOY redux, or a redux of my old Endeavour series that was set post-Dominion war?

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: My Next Trek

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:37 am

Oh, post - Dominion War. There's all kinds of interesting potential there.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:35 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:Oh, post - Dominion War. There's all kinds of interesting potential there.

Absolutely.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Like I said elsewhere, I'm pretty tired of the 24th century. I'd rather see a post-ENT/pre-TOS era Trek.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 pm

But ENT is still unexplored, and I can easily see it flow ahead until TOS.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 pm

Asso wrote:But ENT is still unexplored, and I can easily see it flow ahead until TOS.

Not exactly since the NX-01 Enterprise is bound to be not in use in the early Federation era. The first Federation starship named Enterprise was the NCC-1701. This has lead me to think that the NX-01 was destroyed or damaged/decommissioned in the Romulan War or another incident before the founding of the Federation in 2161.

But some ENT characters could presumably be a part of a series taking place after the UFP is formed.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 pm

What I would really like to see is a series more along the Lerteiran Chronicles by Distracted and Blacknblue but perhaps not as rough and ready. I do like my comforts :lol: and Starfleet relegated to the fringes, maybe show up once in a while.

I mean, really, what happens after first contact, a trading of delegations, then trade and real interaction between two peoples, usually through commerce.

Please don't mention Picard's great pomposity of evolving beyond need for material acquisition or some such. I gave up on the series until Locutus of Borg showed up.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm

My Trek would have a lot more in common with DS9 than TNG, regardless of if I rebooted my original series or if I redid Voyager.

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:44 am

CX wrote:So, out of curiosity, what would people rather see as far as a 24th century fan series? A VOY redux, or a redux of my old Endeavour series that was set post-Dominion war?

CX, where can I find your non-TnT Trek fanfiction?
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 am

Just click the banner image in my sig and it'll take you right to the website. 8)

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:05 am

If you rewrite Voyager, I want in.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 am

I figured you would, which is why I gave it much thought, to be honest. Though I could use your help on the other one if I do it, or on Foundations right now, for that matter.

leslina
Commander
Commander

Postby leslina » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 pm

CX wrote:Just click the banner image in my sig and it'll take you right to the website. 8)

Thanks! 8)
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Post ENT and post Dominion War both sound interesting. Voy rewrite does too. I guess I don't have a strong preference for a particular one. I am still sooo behind in my fan fiction reading that I will never catch up...which in one way is great because I have not run out of reading material yet......... :? :) :D
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:36 pm

After FND, I doubt I'd do anything set afterwards. I'd rather get back to the 24th century, which is why it's between doing a VOY redux (to show what could've been done with that concept), and rebooting my own original series (to show that there was plenty of story potential to follow up in that era).

Return to “Other Trek”