Congratulations George Takei!!

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Congratulations George Takei!!

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 pm

George Takei will marry in September with some Star Trek alumni participating and in attendance.

I copied this story from a link posted at HoT:

As reported by People, September 14 will be the day when Takei and his partner Brad Altman tie the knot. Two of his former cast-mates will be in the wedding party. "The best man is my colleague from 'Star Trek', Walter Koenig, who played Chekov, and the matron of honor is (Lt.) Uhura, Nichelle Nichols," said Takei.

Another famous Star Trek actor will be there. "Leonard (Nimoy) and his wife Susan are on the (guest) list."

Takei and Altman have been together for twenty-one years, and the ruling from the California State Supreme Court cleared the way for them to plan their nuptials. "We knew that the Supreme Court was going to be coming down with their ruling (legalizing gay marriage)," said Takei. "So I was planning on asking Brad to get married."

But Altman beat him to the punch. "We were at home in the kitchen and we had the TV going, and when the word came down suddenly Brad got on his knees in front of me and I said 'What are you doing?' He said, 'George, will you marry me?' I said 'Yes. You beat me to it. I meant to ask you.'"

The wedding will be held at the Japanese-American National Museum in Los Angeles and will be a formal affair. Several details will reflect their personal tastes as well as their backgrounds. Scottish bagpipes will play during the ceremony at which a Mexican-American Buddhist minister will officiate. The wedding rings will be Native American turquoise and silver. The wedding dinner will feature fusion Japanese-Mexican cuisine.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: Congratulations George Takei!!

Postby Distracted » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Scottish bagpipes will play during the ceremony at which a Mexican-American Buddhist minister will officiate. The wedding rings will be Native American turquoise and silver. The wedding dinner will feature fusion Japanese-Mexican cuisine.
:shock:

Sounds like the ceremony will be IDIC in action! :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm

We almost "met" George Takei at the Cherry Hill con. Our group, and half the people at the con, went to Country Buffet for dinner, and SO DID GEORGE TAKEI! Elessar practically ran into him while getting his food. He had no problem mingling with the fans. He also went jogging one morning and returned all sweaty in shorts and t-shirt, looking like a regular mortal (lol), and still shook hands with everyone he past in the hotel lobby. Seems like a great guy.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Yes, I remember that buffet. I was starving! And George Takei was mingling and eating just like the rest of us. Though he probably wasn't inhaling everything in sight like I was. :lol: Anyway, good for him. :)

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:29 pm

Good for George!!!
8)

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Congrats to George!

We had a near-meeting with him too. My hubby and I were at the Nat'l Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. and we were actually on the second floor when there was some sort of commotion. We peeked over a balcony over the first floor, and there he was, at a table, signing autographs under a big hanging model of the original NCC-1701. Didn't get an autograph (line way too long), but said hi to him as he was passing by after the session. He grinned, waved and said hi back.

I was on Cloud NIne for a while, much to hubby's great amusement. :lol: I said, "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO JUST WALKED PAST US?????"
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Return to “Other Trek”