Doesn't Vulcan be the native planet of the Vulcans?

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Doesn't Vulcan be the native planet of the Vulcans?

Postby Linda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:02 pm

I got the idea, and I don't remember where, that this seeding of planets done by an alien race was very low on the evolution level - lower than humanoid form. Maybe even microbe level. But 5,000,000 years would not give enough time for evolution to the humanoid level. So I am confused about WHAT was seeded on these planets. The gist of it from the episode was that all these species from different worlds were somehow related. I would still say Vulcans are native to Vulcan, though, for purposes of fan fiction. Because if this seeding makes them non-native, so are we non-native to earth and so are the Klingons and everyone else who was 'seeded', non-native to their home worlds, right? :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

KKGlinka
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KKGlinka » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 am

evcake wrote:Third eyelid?

I believe they're discussing what is more correctly known as a nictitating membrane. It's found in quite a few Terran species - even Humans have a vestigial form. Those of you who have cats may have seen it, as the cat dozes off. Or has an eye infection. So... just being in the chordata phylum (equiv) should be enough, no special evolution needed.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:24 am

It isn't presented in this way, on the show. (If I don't mistake)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Other Trek”