Most evil Star Trek moments

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Most evil Star Trek moments

Postby CX » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:51 pm

What do you think were some of Star Trek's most evil moments?

My answers:

When Archer and Phlox decide within days of meeting advanced aliens that every last member of their species deserves to die even though they found a cure for their horrible genetic disease, all based on some half-assed theory that a neabdertal version of them that depended exclusively on them for everything was supposed to inherit the planet for themselves.

When the Vulcan High Command sent the same Vulcan agent who cracked and had to have her memory of the incident wiped after the same criminal that caused ehr breakdown to begin with.

Archer blaming Trip for the death of the cogenator, and chewing his ass for doing the exact same kind of thing he's done all along.

Archer putting his ship and crew at risk because he refused to man up and admit that he was stupid for brinigng his dog down with him to begin with, and it caused a diplomatic incident and got his dog sick.

Phlox screwing with Archer's mind during that same incident, inventing sexual tesion and causing Archer to have strange wet dreams about his first officer.

Archer letting Silik go after the Suliban killed all those colonists and tried to fram Enterprise for it.

Archer letting some big-eared pirates go after they rendered the crew unconcious, raided the ship, and attempted to kidnap many of the female crew members to sell into sex slavery, and without even asking their name after he literally had them at gunpoint.

Starfleet sending Enterprise by itself into the Expanse and the Vulcans proving just how much they suck as an ally.

Archer pirating Dumar and his crew and then not even bothering to go back and help them out after their mission was over.

T'Pol taking drugs for no reason, even though she knew it was what turned her former crewmates on the Selaya into zombies with Swiss cheese for brains.

Archer abandoning his post to go on some ridiculous suicide mission and leaving an emotionally unstable officer (was she an officer?) in command of the ship, which directly resulted in his own capture and an attack on his ship that nearly resulted in its destruction.

Archer ording the creation of a sentient clone and then ordering its death.

Archer risking his ship and his crew by stickign around in the Barrens, despite the fact that he's learned of the deception that got them out there, despite the fact that a member of his crew has been killed and another one injured, and despite the fact that his senior officers have both protested endangering the ship and the crew in this manner.

Archer and Starfleet allow Trip and T'Pol to go "undercover" in an effort to find Terra Prime and their daughter, even though it was their DNA that was used to create the child and they would probably be recognized, like they were.

Archer blows off the retirement ceremony for his ship to help out a jewel theif who just happens to be an old friend from years back, resulting in the death of his chief engineer and his friend, only to seemingly forget about it hours later, and Starfleet just forgives him for going off mission and getting one of his officers killed.

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Most evil Star Trek moments

Postby Asso » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 pm

As I always said, it sounds it was better if Archer remained at home.
Ah... these captains!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I especially like your first one, CX. Playing God, anyone?

I'll chime in with a couple VOY moments:

Kes being forgotten about as soon as she sent them 9,500 light years closer to home

Chakotay and Tuvok leaving the J/P lizard babies on a planet.

Janeway, Paris, and the Doctor not bothered at all by the above.

And DS9:

Worf not seeing anything to do with his late wife when he reflected on his time at DS9 (in the finale)

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah the first one is by far the most heinous of them all.

Speaking of VOY, how about poor Tuvix?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 am

Well, I always saw that Janeway also had a responsibility to Tuvok and Neelix. And the crew needed them. I did like that she herself operated the transporter, thereby relieving any other crewmember of responsibility.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:31 am

Giving the Hirogen starfleet technology after brutally torturing Voyager's crew with the same technology.
When Janeway nearly let B'Elanna be lobotomized in "Random thoughts"
When Harry Kim tried to start an unjust mutiny against Tuvok in Resolutions and everyone went along with him.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 am

JadziaKathryn wrote:Well, I always saw that Janeway also had a responsibility to Tuvok and Neelix. And the crew needed them. I did like that she herself operated the transporter, thereby relieving any other crewmember of responsibility.

Tuvok and Neelix were effectively dead. They didn't exist anymore. Tuvix, through no fault of his own, did. He was a person in his own right, with every right to live no matter how he was conceived. And yet, cold-blooded Janeway killed him. They couldn't even know that the (naturally) un-tested procedure to split Tuvix back into Tuvok and Neelix would work.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 am

The Tuvix dilemma was a true dilemma had no good option, so they picked the lesser of two evils. I loved the Tuvix episode. The Tuvix actor was brilliant.

As for the most evil episode--when Kess returns after her heartwarming sendoff--to destroy the ship, because . . . because . . . they had abandoned her???? No they didn't! They gave her a heartwarming send off.

Even more evil--In the Next Generation when a prewarp civilization is going to be wiped out because the planet's atmosphere is going to disapate and Picard says, there is nothing we can do because of the Prime Directive, so lets watch and honor their memory. (Luckily Worf's brother at least saves a subset of them by beaming them into the holodeck.)

OH! When Sisko chases down a terrorist and when he finds him protecting a certain planet, he set off a biogenic weapon on that planet to render it unihabitable. (Luckily the entire population of the planet is able to jump on a shuttle and evacuate within a half hour . . . uh . . . right . . . ) Then Dax says, "I love a bad boy."

I'm paraphrasing, but something like that . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:31 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
JadziaKathryn wrote:Well, I always saw that Janeway also had a responsibility to Tuvok and Neelix. And the crew needed them. I did like that she herself operated the transporter, thereby relieving any other crewmember of responsibility.

Tuvok and Neelix were effectively dead. They didn't exist anymore. Tuvix, through no fault of his own, did. He was a person in his own right, with every right to live no matter how he was conceived. And yet, cold-blooded Janeway killed him. They couldn't even know that the (naturally) un-tested procedure to split Tuvix back into Tuvok and Neelix would work.

I agree, which is why I really don't like Janeway or Voyager, because that was presented as the correct course of action. What made me even mroe mad was that no one but the Doctor questioned Janeway, and even then he didn't try all that hard.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:15 am

You can watch over the years as the official party line for ST changes. In TOS it was basically a conservative US mainstream moral code. Somewhat close minded at times, but essentially based on Judeo-Christian principles and the Laws of Moses.

In TNG you can literally see moral relativism creeping in. "Situational Ethics" started to become the norm.

*shudder*

In VOY it got even worse. Except in VOY there wasn't even the threat of court martial to control Janeway. She became a Queen Victoria with no Parliment to control her whims. And that's what they were, whims. When she wanted to follow the rules, she did. When she wanted to break them, she found an excuse. And woe betide any underling who was bold enough to dare criticize the almighty madam.

DS9 threw everything out the window. Stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours. But at least it didn't preach too much. The only really despicable characters on the whole show were the Starfleet bigwigs, Sisko on rare occasions, the Dominion and some of the Cardassions. The rest of the ensemble were just people trying to get along. Maybe they weren't perfect, But I would prefer having them as neighbors to any of the dweebs on TNG or VOY.

ENT... no comment.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 am

VOY was classic B&B - they even had Tuvok say at one point that the "captain is always right, even when she's wrong". :roll:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:34 am

Yeah.
Awful!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:06 am

I don't know if I would call this evil, or merely ludicrous. I don't remember the name of the TNG episode, but it was one where Luwaxan Troi comes aboard Enterprise. She wants Picard to carry her huge luggage, he refuses, and Riker offers to do it as a compromise. As Deanna and her Mom follow them down the passage, Luwaxanna asks Deanna, "Is he still yours?" and Deanna replies, (get this) "Humans no longer own each other that way, Mother." Whereupon Luwaxana responds that it is a custom that they might need to reinstate.

Am I the only one who thinks that whoever wrote this is insane? CUSTOM!?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:36 am

I had a nice long worded reply to this, but apparently the board picked the moment I was going to post it to crap out on me. :mad: So, long story short, this comes from a writer's bible Roddenberry and one of his friends wrote up when they were still developing TMP, part of which lays out how the new humanity is supposedly super open about sex and relationships (think Brave New World) and don't really believe in marriage anymore. Just a prime example of why TNG sucked, especially the first two seasons of it.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 am

cx wrote: had a nice long worded reply to this, but apparently the board picked the moment I was going to post it to crap out on me.

DON'T YOU HATE :bitch: HATE :bitch: HATE :bitch: WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!! NOT JUST HERE, BUT ANYWHERE ONLINE. YOU WRITE THIS BIG STUPID RANT, HIT SEND, AND PFFFT: IE FREEZES OR OR SOME DUMB SHITE!

I press ctrl+C now and copy the text b4 I hit send, and then if I get cut off, I can paste it back. :bitch:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Other Trek”