Burning the midnight dilithium....look what I found!

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Burning the midnight dilithium....look what I found!

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 am

First this:

Star Trek Bluetooth Communicator. The only working Star trek communicator in existence. It's a one of a kind prototype.
You can use it to make and recieve calls with any bluetooth 1.1 compatible mobile phone. Sold on ebay in 2004. :(

And then this:
(No explanation needed).

Hey, at conventions will they autograph things you print out? Or does it *have* to be an official photo or whatever. Cause that yearbook pic has gotta be in the public domain by now. I guess it's from about 1986. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Re: Burning the midnight dilithium....look what I found!

Postby Alelou » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Such a cutie!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 pm

sigh - wasn't even a pimply-faced youth. I guess some people really *are* born beautiful. Though...

the hair style in the second picture is a little disturbing (or maybe it's just me) - but just cover it up and he's right back to 'fabulous-arms' Connor.
--
I got hugged

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:08 pm

:drool:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:38 pm

krn wrote:sigh - wasn't even a pimply-faced youth. I guess some people really *are* born beautiful. Though...

the hair style in the second picture is a little disturbing (or maybe it's just me) - but just cover it up and he's right back to 'fabulous-arms' Connor.

Yeah, I thought that too! :guffaw: the hairstyle is *definitely* the early 90's standard.

and as the wife and sister-in-law of 2 brothers who love to work out and flex their many bumps, you can see CT is clearly flexing that bicep really hard for the picture. :lol:

Guys are hilarious. Back when priso was a teen, he used to get me to take 'bodybuilding' pictures of him and he would be all flexitive, all a-quiver, for the photo so that all the veins and whatnot would stand out. Yeesh. And his brother! His brother's behaviour makes Priso look normal. At least as Priso has aged, he has gracefully tapered off his gym obsession, and mostly goes to his work gym at lunch now. But the bro? He still works out like he's got some big ugly WWF belt he's aiming for. Except he doesn't. He's just obsessed.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:19 pm

krn wrote:
krn wrote:sigh - wasn't even a pimply-faced youth. I guess some people really *are* born beautiful. .

Air brushing goes back a lot further than Connor does... I bet he DID have some pimples at some point. His skin looks a bit scarred to me, though I guess that could also be a hazard of the job with all the make-up and the sucky hours.

(Everytime I see the outtakes I can just see this guy thinking, "Ah, yeah, that's funny, ha ha, but how long are we going to have to be here TONIGHT?")
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Yeah I wonder what the actual etiquette is re spoiling a scene on purpose. In the outtakes, I notice that often there's this gritty scene, often with action and extras and stuff and it's looking good and then scott bakula will just completely make a joke or wisecrack on purpose and wreck it (not like when they screw up honestly and make a slip of the tongue or whatever).

Now we watch it and it's funny for us, but I wonder if you're this guy's coworkers or this guy's director, if you find it quite so humorous. (Esp. considering their 14 hour days). It's basically like, I guess he doesn't like the way the scene's going, and so pulls a bit of a "CUT!" on his own by ruining it.

Makes for a good outtake reel though, so I can't complain. ;)

See here at 16 secs?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HOVhEb_W8Ig

and here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uF6mE5SwjGM

This is maybe my favourite "outtake":
Je accuse! Je accuse! Little Billy Bakula is going to know his Daddy! (billingsley @40 secs)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 am

Was that really Billingsly? I couldn't tell.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:26 am

What, the pregnant man? Yep. Phlox. :lol:

Je accuse!

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh so THAT'S what he is saying!

I've always wonder what he was yelling. LOL

That's my favorite blooper as well.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 am

enterprikayak wrote:First this:

Star Trek Bluetooth Communicator. The only working Star trek communicator in existence. It's a one of a kind prototype.
You can use it to make and recieve calls with any bluetooth 1.1 compatible mobile phone. Sold on ebay in 2004. :(

And then this:
(No explanation needed).

Hey, at conventions will they autograph things you print out? Or does it *have* to be an official photo or whatever. Cause that yearbook pic has gotta be in the public domain by now. I guess it's from about 1986. :lol:

LOL. I bet he'll sign it but...

If you walked up to ME with a yearbook photo I might be too busy running to sign it :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:48 am

Yearbook photos? Yi-yi, don't get me started! I will NEVER publicly acknowledge mine. You remember those huge lenses the eyeglasses had back in the eighties and the shaggy bangs everyone wore? Add braces. And acne. And no makeup, not a drop. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:08 am

I just looked pretty much the same as I do now just that like for every school photo my mother would make me wear that scary blouse my grandma made it was like white and had buttons and lace and looked all fancy and I hated it, I hate blouses and I hate buttons and I hate blouses with buttons and I hate lace and all the frelling fancy girly stuff, like dude what the frell everyone else gets to wear a simple t-shirt why do I have to look like something from the 50's?? :evil: :cry: :bitch: :explode: And like the worst thing was that I NEVER ACTUALLY GREW OUT OF IT so I had no excuse!! The damn thing would still fit me TODAY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well and as usual pimples and no makeup and my terrible hair not to mention the terrible FACE with this stupid ugly nose. And braces. Well that's like the only difference between now and middle school that I don't have the braces anymore. :? :roll: Well that and I'm even fatter now. :roll: :(
ImageImage

HopefulRomantic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HopefulRomantic » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:11 am

I think high-school Connor looks adorable. :D His son's gonna be a heartbreaker.

Coming in late on the outtakes convo...my favorite of the Season 1 set is the one with Shran. "Because she's cuuuute..." :lol:

enterprikayak wrote:Yeah I wonder what the actual etiquette is re spoiling a scene on purpose. In the outtakes, I notice that often there's this gritty scene, often with action and extras and stuff and it's looking good and then scott bakula will just completely make a joke or wisecrack on purpose and wreck it (not like when they screw up honestly and make a slip of the tongue or whatever).

Now we watch it and it's funny for us, but I wonder if you're this guy's coworkers or this guy's director, if you find it quite so humorous. (Esp. considering their 14 hour days). It's basically like, I guess he doesn't like the way the scene's going, and so pulls a bit of a "CUT!" on his own by ruining it.

You think Bakula was the only guy ever to "spoil" a take on purpose? The TOS gag reel was legendary at Star Trek conventions. Those 14-hour days are tense, and the cast and crew of a TV show--any show--get worn down and exhausted as the season drags on. A good, spontanous laugh is wonderful medicine, and a joke that makes everyone laugh is a great way to ease the tension. Especially an elaborately-staged gag like the "Fusion" outtake with the champagne and cigarette, something likely staged as much for the season-ending gag reel as it was for Jolene.

Anybody see the outtakes from "Serenity"? The best one (for me) is from a long take involving a huge outdoor set with the whole cast and full crew. There was obvious planning beforehand on Nathan Fillion's part, but by the end, he had everybody laughing their asses off, and he and the director, Joss Whedon, were giving each other a big hug. Whatever it cost, it looks like it was worth every penny. Priceless.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:26 am

I'm sure you're right, about the tension-relieving humour. I sure love the outtake reels.

But it's gotta be hard: you're Shran, you're kicking ass, you practiced-up real good the night before with your fake-punches coach. And then, many precious seconds into the performance (which seems to be going well) Archer croaks about Vulcan cuteness while writhing on the floor at P'Jem. I dunno, if I was Jeff Combs, I'd be chancing those "fake" punches a little closer to my enemy's big famous jaw for the next take. :lol: Although, who knows, maybe that was a first run and it didn't matter that the captain fell o.o.c.

Return to “Other Trek”