Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Star Trek XI Uniforms - SPOILERS

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:00 am

You probably choose B while desperately trying to convince yourself you'll be able to break out of it, like Shatner, or Kirstie Alley, or ... hm, was there anyone else? Does Stewart count? Was this in fact a career-ending move also for already respected actors like Avery Brooks and Rene Auberjonois (sp?)?

Poor Enterprise guys -- they can't even start directing other Star Treks like practically everybody else on the franchise did.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:27 am

Yes. All of them. Even the Shat. They're all hopelessly typecast. Even tho Shatner likes to go on boston legal these days and pretend he's not typecast he is. The people watching him? TV starved trekkies. ;)

And most of the series have their female actress who leaves the series in the hopes of getting into better things, but then they just end up on the Enterprise C or y'know kidnapping their "younger" selves and hiding them in the handydandy coffin-shaped drawers in the airponics bay.

Janice, Tasha, Jadzia, Kes, hmmmm......I guess Linda or Jolene might've hared off.......

IF THEY'D BEEN GIVEN THE BLOODY CHANCE!

(Since ENT's cancellation I've moved house twice, but somehow, I still haven't moved on....)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 am

enterprikayak wrote:IF THEY'D BEEN GIVEN THE BLOODY CHANCE!

(Since ENT's cancellation I've moved house twice, but somehow, I still haven't moved on....)

I'm so glad I missed all that horror. (Especially since I would have had to suffer a year or two without any way to see an episode locally.) Sometimes it really pays to be late to the game.

Sounds like Decaying Orbits REALLY ought to be the name of a foundation established to help support unemployable former Star Trek actors. But I think it needs an endowment. (Shatner should put it in his will.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 am

Absolutely. And the foundation should be endowed with a fortune.

Does anyone here have a fortune?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:23 am

Oh...
Well...
I...
NO!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

If I did I'd PAY someone to put me on the bridge of the Enterprise in the next movie. Then I'd retire from my job and spend the rest of my life being obsessively adored at Star Trek conventions all over the world... and publish my fanfics in hardcover 'cause I'd have an AUDIENCE for them. Of course, I'd get so unbearably swell-headed that my husband and kids would disown me and all I'd have left would be the pitiful pseudolife of the ex-Star Trek actor... but hey, there's a down side to everything, right? :lol:
Last edited by Distracted on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:29 am

I'd do that too. And then you and I could gain lots of weight and join the naked girls in the friendly pile. And then we could run off together, leaving our husbands bereft.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:33 am

I'm up for it... except for the gaining weight part. How could I be obsessively adored by thousands of screaming fans if I looked like a hippo? Dunno if I WANT to be adored by somebody who would find me attractive at 300 pounds. Ewww. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 am

Good old phlox has legions of adoring fans, and he's somewhat...portly. :lol:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 am

Distracted wrote:I'm up for it... except for the gaining weight part. How could I be obsessively adored by thousands of screaming fans if I looked like a hippo? Dunno if I WANT to be adored by somebody who would find me attractive at 300 pounds. Ewww. :shock: :lol: :lol:

More cushion for the pushin'. ;) :raspberry:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:37 am

S'what *I'm* talking about!!! :guffaw:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:29 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Good old phlox has legions of adoring fans, and he's somewhat...portly. :lol:

Ah, but standards are different for men. Ever notice that? A guy can be on the chubby side, but if he's got talent, charm, or he makes people laugh he can still be a star. As far as a woman goes, unless she's like Queen Latifah, for example (a phenomenally talented woman, BTW) and starts with a fan base who finds her attractive exactly the way she is, she won't get enough screen time in Hollywood for anyone to SEE her talent, much less become a fan. Answer me this... when Kirsty Alley was at her largest did you see her acting in anything?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:05 pm

CX, you crack me up! :guffaw:

But Distracted and Enterprikayak, that sounds like a plan! Hey, if you let me join you on the bridge, we could be a panal at conventions - The Ladies of Star Trek Panal answers your questions tonight! They'd add us to the ladies of star trek poster, we could sign those at our table, along with our books ($20 a signature), $50 a photo with any one of us, $100 for a photo with all of us together. How about our mugs on some of those action figures? And we could offer up some of our costumes for charity fund raisers. Oh, and be in all sorts of silly product commercials. I have dibs on Midwest Airlines - they bake chocolate chip cookies on board - in the air!

DREAM BIG, LADIES! :lol: :thumbsup: :drool:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:42 pm

But of course you *must* come along Linda!

Linda wrote: How about our mugs on some of those action figures?

Dammit Linda. There goes my afternoon.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:04 am

Distracted wrote:Of course, I'd get so unbearably swell-headed that my husband and kids would disown me and all I'd have left would be the pitiful pseudolife of the ex-Star Trek actor... but hey, there's a down side to everything, right? :lol:

Hey Wil Weaton, Cirroc Lofton and Aron Eisenberg are all doing just fine!

.... wait .... :guffaw:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Other Trek”