Star Trek XI Uniforms - SPOILERS

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Star Trek XI Uniforms - SPOILERS

Postby Elessar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 am

Distracted wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:Good old phlox has legions of adoring fans, and he's somewhat...portly. :lol:

Ah, but standards are different for men. Ever notice that? A guy can be on the chubby side, but if he's got talent, charm, or he makes people laugh he can still be a star. As far as a woman goes, unless she's like Queen Latifah, for example (a phenomenally talented woman, BTW) and starts with a fan base who finds her attractive exactly the way she is, she won't get enough screen time in Hollywood for anyone to SEE her talent, much less become a fan. Answer me this... when Kirsty Alley was at her largest did you see her acting in anything?

I absolutely can't stand queen latifah and it has nothing to do with her size. I just think she's a horrible actress. She may be able to sing but... she ruined Motor Mouth Mabel in the new Hairspray... then again the new Hairspray ruined Hairspray so, I guess it's moot.

I've always liked Rosie O'Donnel as an actress, at least in stuff like A League of Their Own.

I think women have to be attractive to "sell" simply because sex sells. And that's not an indictment of our patriarchally dominated society... Sexy women sell to women too. It's not like men control all the money in this country. If sexy women weren't selling to women, it wouldn't be the dominant marketing ploy, if it was only working on 50% of the population.

Women must like looking at good looking women as much as men. So you all are as much to blame :wink:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 pm

And we wonder why actors are prone to substance abuse and messy divorces?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Uh, I seem to have gotten lost responding to something earlier in the thread. Hmmm, the part about the actors filling their lives with ST conventions instead of acting jobs. I.E., spending weekends with people like...us!? :shock:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Linda wrote:And we wonder why actors are prone to substance abuse and messy divorces?

This is another matter.
It needs a lot of reflections.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Elessar wrote:I absolutely can't stand queen latifah and it has nothing to do with her size.

Did you see her in "Last Holiday"? I wasn't too impressed either until I saw that movie. I guess I'm just a sucker for gushy sentimentality.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Other Trek”