You know you're a Trek fan when . . .

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: You know you're a Trek fan when . . .

Postby justTripn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:......you're at the chiropractor waiting for your therapist and when you check out the Reflexology chart on the wall it reminds you of a certain neuropressure session!

Just WHAT was T'Pol trying to do here????? :tpol:

It's kind of hard to see, but that particular area on one foot as indicated by the green circle is Ovary/Testicle and on the other Uterus/Penis. :lol:

Oh that's too perfect! This months winner of the You Know When You're a Trek Fan contest is . . . . Aikeweezie!!!

And sure beats out the story I was coming on to tell, which isn't even Trek related. Last night I was happily dreaming I was running around in an old school, escaping some immenent threat, while fighting off large bugs, and the basement of the building was filled with Planet of the Apes chimps who were our allies. And I was so pleased thinking that when I woke up, I was going to turn it all into a GREAT fanfic. Alas, in the clear light of day, I realized I had no story. :( lol.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Cmon. write it. please?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 pm

OK, I have officially watched the last Star Trek movie enouph times . . . because now it actually makes sense to me. Other than the fact that both the Romulans and Spock escape from a black hole, it makes sense! I understand the whole plot. Go ahead, quiz me. :D

The reason for this last viewing was to show the movie to my foreign exchange student who HAS NEVER WATCHED ANY STAR TREK. Neat social experiment, huh? Guess what? With no Star Trek background whatsover, she reacted at all the same points, in the same ways, as a Star Trek fan. In particular, she loved the scenes between Spock and his mother. She laughed at Chekov's Russian accent and the fact that the computer couldn't understand him. She was SHOCKED at the Spock-Uhura kiss.

And she asked if there was a sequel, and when the sequel came out would I let her know on facebook. :D Mission accomplished!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 am

enterprikayak wrote:Cmon. write it. please?

I already wrote part of it (as a drabble) and nobody noticed. :(

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun May 08, 2011 1:34 am

Ut oh! You caught me! Not reading drabbles. I went to look for it, but now that thread is really long. Can you repost it here? Pretty please? :)

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am

justTripn wrote:Last night I was happily dreaming I was running around in an old school, escaping some immenent threat, while fighting off large bugs, and the basement of the building was filled with Planet of the Apes chimps who were our allies. And I was so pleased thinking that when I woke up, I was going to turn it all into a GREAT fanfic. Alas, in the clear light of day, I realized I had no story. :( lol.

The science lab was a lost cause, and Reed laid down covering fire while his squad
fell back to the hallway. Things were hardly any better here, and with bugs boiling
out of the adjacent doorways their withdrawal rapidly turned into a rout. Downwards
seems to be the only option and they soon found themselves in the basement, face
to face with a squad of partisans evidently in similar trouble. Two burly Silverbacks
braced themselves against the entrance but the door was already shuddering in the
frame and wouldn't hold long.

Where the hell was Hayes with that evac pod?

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun May 08, 2011 11:24 am

:clap: :D

Awwhhh!!!!! I'm so touched. And IMPRESSED. Yes, you have captured the mood perfectly. :hug: :hug: :faint:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Hey Cogito I missed that! How????
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm

justTripn wrote::clap: :D

Awwhhh!!!!! I'm so touched. And IMPRESSED. Yes, you have captured the mood perfectly. :hug: :hug: :faint:

I'm glad to hear that. I wish I had your imagination! Is this some sort of Trek/Starship Troopers/Planet of the Apes crossover?

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun May 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Maybe. I'm a huge Planet of the Apes fan.

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ulva » Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 am

• You know you're a Trek fan when you cite Surak to your children.
  • You know you're a Trek fan when your teenage daughter is planning a Trek related surprise for your 40th birthday (I was eavesdropping).
  • You're a Trek fan when you manage to convince the leader for a role-play group completely unrelated to anything sci fi that you should actually be a Vulcan descended from a group of Vulcans stranded on Earth.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 11, 2011 10:22 am

:shock: :clap: :hatsoff:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I can't find the dream thread, but this will do. Last night I dreamed I was at a Star Trek convention and I was meeting up with my Star Trek, friends though these were kind of "generic" dream friends corresponding to no particular person (which is sad since I have actual friends at this site). The only real person was a non-Star Trek friend Julie who I haven't seen in 15 years' But we were giggling and laughing and checking into our hotel rooms. Also I noticed that Rigil Kent was ON THE PROGRAM, lol . . . but I didn't actually run into him. The main Star Trek-y thing about this convention was that it seemed to be taking place on another planet. We were at a hotel on some alien beach and there were like these sea mosters coming out of the water. I'm not sure if we were pretending to be on another planet and it was all an elaborate illusion, but it felt like we were on another planet. One of the only actual activities at this convention was some sort of international dinner and I was cooking Thai food.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Cool! :thumbsup:

It has nothing to do with ST, but last night I had a dream that I was showing Zac Bagans from Ghost Adventures my biceps. :crazed:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat May 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Show us your biceps! :poke:

Return to “Other Trek”