You know you're a Trek fan when . . .

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady
Show On Map: No

Re: You know you're a Trek fan when . . .

Postby starwatcher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:59 am

I for one really liked the movie. In fact, I actually remarked today to some colleagues that it was the lasrt great movie that I had seen at the cinema that I genuinely really enjoyed:

"You know you're a Trekkie when you remember that the last ace movie you watched at the movies was the Star Trek movie, two and a half years ago and innumerable films later."

Of course, this could simply be because I've only seen crap movies at the cinema. Or maybe it was just Karl Urban's turn as Bones ;-) Although to be fair I did think that the movie was very well-cast and I really liked how they used a relative unknown as Kirk. It would have been so easy to have cast someone classically good-looking (like Brad Pitt) or super-popular (like Robert Pattinson) to lure in movie-goers. Although Piitt might be too old and Pattinson too sparkly for Kirk ;-)

OR:

"You know you're a Trekkie when you can happily spend 4-6 hours chatting with your significant other about the relative merits of the various ST series and Captains and still not be bored when the clock strikes 4am"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm

That last bit, of course, would require that either your significant other is also a Trek fan or that he loves you to distraction so he doesn't care what the two of you talk about until 4 am. Or both. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Alelou wrote:Oh, oh, oh, you missed our wars about this when the movie came out.

There's a poll somewhere...

Yeah, I started that one. Can be seen here. I hated it and my review is also there.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Still want to see that movie....

You know you're a Trek fan when... you have a friend make a ship model of Enterprise to give as a wedding present to your SO on the day itself and .... when you're moving from one house to another you carry your model of Enterprise on your lap in the car (while some one else is driving), because you don't want the ship to be damaged in any way. It's such a cool ship. With tiny lights. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 am

...when you order your mother a bumper sticker from cafe press that says my other ride is a galaxy class starship for christmas... and order one for yourself too.... and a coffee cup that says Team Kobyashi Maru.... and it takes you like 4 hours to go through all the coffee cups to pick out the perfect one.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 am

... this also applies when you read this post and immediately wonder if there are any Enterprise mugs there or even better a Trip and T'Pol mug...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:24 am

Alelou wrote:... this also applies when you read this post and immediately wonder if there are any Enterprise mugs there or even better a Trip and T'Pol mug...

didn't see any Trip mugs... but I saw a Team T'Pol mug, some ones with the ENT patch, and a very cool one that I almost got that's all Warp Five Complex, Bosmen, Montana, like if it was a real place or something. Lots of TOS and ST:IX mugs, several TNG, an a fair number of VOY, but if you want DS9 or ENT, the choices are fairly limited. This is the site, if you're interested.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 pm

... you want to install one of these in your abode. And you don't think this is overly nerdy. At. All.
Air-powered Star Trek style door

And yes, this now the sixth video I've posted to TriS in just under an hour. Forgive me, I'm having a shiny-thing Internet-video-induced ADD moment.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 am

OMG. We've got pocket doors all over our house. They always get stuck and you have to manhandle them back on track. I SO want automatic ones. I really do. Especially ones that go "WHOOSH". :drool: :drool:

Edit: My husband thinks it's ultimately cool, too! Squeeee!!!
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 pm

We don't have pocket doors but I want those air doors installed! :drool: One in the kitchen and one on my writing room! :thumbsup:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Distracted wrote:OMG. We've got pocket doors all over our house. They always get stuck and you have to manhandle them back on track. I SO want automatic ones. I really do. Especially ones that go "WHOOSH". :drool: :drool:

Edit: My husband thinks it's ultimately cool, too! Squeeee!!!

WHOOSH? Why not the ones that go, like, "ch-wah-eee" (TOS-style)

Jon Frakes told us at a con in 1994 that the doors on the ncc1701d weren't actually automatic (due to the quick-and-dirty temporary nature of sets and their construction) and in fact prop guys would open them as they went through. weird hey?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:30 pm

They showed us little ones the secrets on Reading Rainbow! :loveeyes: <starts singing themesong>
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 pm

aadarshinah wrote:...when you order your mother a bumper sticker from cafe press that says my other ride is a galaxy class starship for christmas... and order one for yourself too.... and a coffee cup that says Team Kobyashi Maru.... and it takes you like 4 hours to go through all the coffee cups to pick out the perfect one.

Hahahahaha - I actually did that very recently, except mine said, 'my other ride is a Klingon Battle Cruiser.' And my mug was actually a sewing machine with warp nacelles and the tag reads, 'make it sew.' I like sewing almost as much as I like Star Trek, so this was
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Make it SEW! I LOVE it!!!!!! :lol:

Ooo! I just Googled it and I FOUND it!

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:20 pm

I think we were all hanging out at the same website, lol . . . I mean we were all hanging out at Cafe Press.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Other Trek”