Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: JJ Abram's U.S.S. Enterprise

Postby Reanok » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm just going to wait and see what happens with the movies storyline before I make any final decisions of the movie when I see it. Sure I wish it was an Enterprise movie but since that's not the case I'll just read the the news & interviews to see what the storyline is about.I want to see what the finished Enterprise looks like.

Quills
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Quills » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:44 pm

SPOILER SHOT

*Interior corridor from the star Trek movie. Some think it may be the Enterprise, but it could also be an alien ship.

It ain't over until the Klingon in the front row strangles the fat lady singing!

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:46 am

In a strange alternate universe where the worlds of Star Trek and BSG have merged, Kirk walks down a corridor practicing the speech he is to give before the Enterprise is retired.
Kirk: The Romulan war is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom...
Starbuck: Morning Sir.
Kirk: Morning Starbuck, what do you hear?
Starbuck: Nothing but the rain.
Kirk: Grab your gun and bring in the cat.
Starbuck: Boom, boom, boom.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Man... I actually miss Captain Kirk. Maybe I'll write some more TOS...
Writing as TrekPyro.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:33 pm

It's been a long, long time, but the picture does remind me of the Viper launch sequence from the old Galactica... 8)
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Uh, trying to follow the stuff leaked about this new movie and was wondering if there are supposed to be any versions of Enterprise or prototypes, mockups, simulators for training, that are between the NX and Kirk's ship? Could that explain the diversions from the TOS technology we are seeing?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Quills
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Quills » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Linda wrote:Uh, trying to follow the stuff leaked about this new movie and was wondering if there are supposed to be any versions of Enterprise or prototypes, mockups, simulators for training, that are between the NX and Kirk's ship? Could that explain the diversions from the TOS technology we are seeing?

Not likely. This is a reinvisioning. Although it will likely follow canon, it will also likely take liberties with certain elements. A redesign of the ship and costumes (while still having some resemblence to the original) is likely. Having characters present (such as Chekov) before they were originally introduced, is another possibility. It would be nice if they referenced other Treks but that depends upon Abrams. Manny was big on Trek referencing. Abrams may wish to distance the project from other Treks, as much as possible. TNG was known for that (at least in the begining), which is why they referenced Kirk and company infrequently and we never saw many Vulcans, Andorians or other TOS aliens very frequently (and never as one of the crew).
Q
It ain't over until the Klingon in the front row strangles the fat lady singing!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks, Quills, I wish Manny was in charge instead of Abrams, then. Not sure I like the idea of reinvisioning too much. I missed seeing Vulcans in TNG.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Linda there'a a new chat transcript up at trek movie with Jj abrams and the cast and one of the questions he answers is about the movie sets. The interview has some interesting stuff you may want to check it out. And about the Vulcans I hope the new movie will include ties to Enterprise and Tos.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:07 am

CX wrote:In a strange alternate universe where the worlds of Star Trek and BSG have merged, Kirk walks down a corridor practicing the speech he is to give before the Enterprise is retired.
Kirk: The Romulan war is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom...
Starbuck: Morning Sir.
Kirk: Morning Starbuck, what do you hear?
Starbuck: Nothing but the rain.
Kirk: Grab your gun and bring in the cat.
Starbuck: Boom, boom, boom.

I always thought it was "CAP" like combat air patrol :lol: . What does it mean in the 'cat' sense?
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Other Trek”