The Guardian of Forever

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

The Guardian of Forever

Postby CX » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:56 pm

If anyone's interested in seeing my progress at any given time, you can see it here.

I've just updated it with new banners created by a friend of mine from another board. 8)

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Guardian of Forever

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:03 pm

But it is great! :shock:
Go on! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey, a cool site. I noticed in the ENT story list, every story has a date of 02/14/2008. Just an arbitrary startup date, right? I have a DS9/TNG crossover story that I could submit with a little workover. It was only my second ST story ever, so needs some polishing. I'd like to submit some of my ENT stories, but the versions I like best are the ones I polished up for fanfiction.net. Would you like them for your site?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Sure. If anyone wants to think about something they'd want to submit you have some time though, because Valentine's Day is most definately not an arbitrary date. ;)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Ahhhhhhhh... :kiss:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:13 am

Thank you for including a category called "original work". That will be The Lerteiran Chronicle's home sweet home I take it? :D Might even have some siblings eventually.

Cousins too perhaps? If anyone else gets the itch.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:31 am

I'm note entirely sure, actually. I haven't had a chance to read part II yet, but part I looked like it might include the main ENT crew. So mainly it depends on how much of a role they have in it. If it's basically a cameo, then yes, it'd have a home in the Original Works section with an (ENT era) tag on it. When I created it though, I was actually thinking of some other fics, like this other ENT reboot fic from FF.N that Rigil found and pointed out to me, as well as some other original Lost Era stories I've seen from other boards. There were actually a couple of guys who tried the membership thing at TrekOnline with their prose series, but the way things are working out they'll probably just end up on GoF.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 am

I added some menu buttons to the index page and wanted to see what everyone thought as far as size.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:04 am

First draft of the Submissions page is up. And no, I'm not actually ready for any submissions yet. :?

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:28 am

I think the size of the buttons looks good, although I wouldn't go any bigger really. It's just on the right side of being too big, IMHO.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Ah...Valentine's Day. A REAL valentine for the fans, eh, CX? The place were ST's heartbeat remains strong.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:28 pm

I tried to sign into the board. I skimmed through the rules, but could not find the button to click that means you accept the rules. I get easily lost if there is a lot of visual stuff on a page. My eyesight is not what it once was, LOL. That is one reason I stick to just a couple of sites online that I visit. I am still struggling with fanfiction.net and that is an easy site to learn and use! Is the board active on The Guardian of Forever site so that you can sign into it yet? Maybe that is my problem - it is not active yet.

Oh, I love your theme of "Many journeys are possible. Let me be your gateway."

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Love your links page on The Guardian of Forever! It may help me expand my online foraging territory (which I already said, is quite small).

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:53 pm

I have bad eyes too, which is one reason I use Firefox (one of many). You can enlarge the the text by simply holding the ctrl key and tapping plus (+) until you get to the size you want. It helps a blind old man like me a lot.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:34 pm

You may want to civilize your text just a tad, CX. It doesn't scare me because I know you, but it might be sort of blunt and "tough guy" for a newbie. Might scare some would-be writers off. JMO. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Other Trek”