New Stories Added:
- Original Work section
- Star Trek: Phantoms - Walking on Broken Glass, by Nick Ottens

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Guardian of Forever

Postby CX » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 pm

With the precedence set by Avalon in the Original Works section, I've decided to allow anyone who has a serial at GoF to have their own theme, just as Avalon's is a carry-over from their old website. This comes with a catch though - you must provide your own artwork. I can do the buttons as it's pretty simple; just let me know what font you'd like to use, but unfortunately I'm no graphic artist (and I'd be too lazy to come up with something for everyone anyway :P), so you'd have to do your own banner for the top, and a background image (or tell me what color background you want). As with anything, it may take me a while to actually implement any changes, but I'd get around to it, eventually. :mrgreen:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm

In case anyone noticed that the website was once again down, I figured I'd announce that the url has once again been changed, this time because TrekOnline has been restored once again. So, time to change all the bookmarks again. ;)

http://www.trekonline.org/guardian/
http://www.trekonline.org/endeavour/
http://www.trekonline.org/foundations/

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 pm

New Stories Added:
- Original Work section
- The Long Night, by THECURSOR

leslina
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby leslina » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 pm

CX wrote:New Stories Added:
- Original Work section
- The Long Night, by THECURSOR

CX, just so that I have a clearer picture before beginning this read, is there a description of the ship/characters/timeline available?
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:42 pm

Nope. You find most of it out reading, but I suppose you could ask thecursor to come up with some sort of brief. ;)

I know the ship is Constellation-class and that most of the story takes place after the conclusion of the Dominion War.

leslina
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby leslina » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:44 pm

CX wrote:Nope. You find most of it out reading, but I suppose you could ask thecursor to come up with some sort of brief. ;)

I know the ship is Constellation-class and that most of the story takes place after the conclusion of the Dominion War.

I'll go pester him to post one then. Thanks!
“Talking is one of the fine arts--the noblest, the most important, the most difficult--and its fluent harmonies may be spoiled by the intrusion of a single harsh note.” ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Aaack!

Lerteiran isn't showing up on GoF anymore!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :bitch:
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm

:?: Just worked for me now.

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Ahem, allow me.

Star Trek: The Long Night
Synopsis

The Neutral Zone, a barrier of unpatrolled space between the Federation and some of it's more hostile neighbors. Officialy no colonies are supposed to exist with in the Neutral Zone but in one sector that rule is violated to the point of breaking.

It’s called "Tars Tavik" or The Long Night, a small nebula wedged between Klingon, Romulan, and Federation Space. Once part of the Neutral Zone, this den of cutthroats, refugees, and thieves is now firmly in Federation territory. Patrolling the hundreds of illegal colonies and desolate moons would require dozens of ships working in tandem, but Starfleet has been stretched to the breaking point after the end of the Dominon Wars and is forced to send untrained new captains in aging vessels to patrol an area that would intimidate even seasoned commanders.

The USS Nelson is Sara Lyons’ first command and it’s not exactly the technological marvel she was expecting. A Constellation class that’s long past it’s prime and a crew that isn’t nearly as reliable as she’d like. This assignment is her proving ground and if she isn’t careful, it might also be her last stand.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Should I add "Star Trek" to the title?

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:14 am

Nope, Long Night sounds cooler.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:30 am

Oh, well I'm going to add the synopsis on the index page. :P

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:10 am

There's really too many for me to list them all here, but thanks to the effort of one of my volunteers, the works of Lady Rainbow have been added to the archive. :)

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:44 pm

A big THANK YOU to you and your assistants, CX! :hug: :hug: :happyjump:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Return to “Other Trek”