Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

paris-torres.net is installed

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 pm

I finally got efiction installed on the paris-torres.net domain. If anyone has any P/T fiction stashed away (nudges JZK) then feel free to upload. Just be patient because I will be tinkering with the theme, advertising it where/when possible, and messing around with the settings & all that kinda stuff.
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Re: paris-torres.net is installed

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:50 pm

I can't register. :( The security code box doesn't have anything in it.

Then again, this could be a good thing. I'm supposed to be doing Methodology and Historiography homework.

I'll be back, though! :D

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:05 pm

I know. Someone else had the same problem so I disabled the captcha function. now you can register. I still have some other bugs I need to work out, but you should be able to register and post anyway.
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:00 am

Oh goody, I registered. Now I can't post a story because I can't select a rating. And what do I do if my story doesn't fit into any of the categories?

I'm not trying to bombard you with issues. I'm actually really excited. And supposed to be writing about designing a museum... alright, no more Trek for me tonight. But, yay!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:27 pm

Cool. I will have to take a look at this site. I am not to exploratory when it comes to web sites, it took me over a year to finally go to the fanfiction.net site, LOL. :? I don't have any Paris/Torres stories written, just Enterprise ones. But I did enjoy the Voyager series and have all the DVDs so I will take a look to see if anything sparks my imagination for writing. 8)
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Linda wrote:...I will take a look to see if anything sparks my imagination for writing. 8)

me too.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 pm

nothing there yet :? for some reason I'm having trouble getting the upload to work for it - but from what I know, the writer DAlair writes some pretty good stuff and I've enjoyed JZK's P/T stories on ff.net

And yes, definitely look to another 'ship for inspiration for your TnT stories. I've been inspired by TnT to write P/T fiction so I can imagine it might work vice versa.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:33 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote: And what do I do if my story doesn't fit into any of the categories?

You can suggest a category to me because I'm aware that I didn't exactly think of all of them. When I did the installation, I wasn't in the mood to fiddle-fart with all the details - It was more of a slap-it-together-like-a-monkey-drone kinda day for me.

You can also put your story in multiple categories. For Example - "The Secret of the Amethyst' would be "Post-Endgame, Crossover, Angst, Action/Adventure" and "The Purge" would be, "Angst, Comedy (well, part 1 anyway), Non-Con, and Episode Coda".

I also added a few categories today if it helps.

Also, story upload problem is fixed. I made a stupid mistake during installation that was fixed by selecting an option from a drop down menu in the admin section.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Yay! JZK is the first to upload *grin* - Though: i don't think I've read that one, but by the summary it looks interesting so I'll be reading it shortly.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:21 pm

I read one story, left a comment. Printed off the other story to read on the bus home. Site seems to be off to a nice start!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:03 am

Linda wrote:Printed off the other story to read on the bus home.

Hope you like it - that one was the result of reading TnT fan fic right before my weekly Voyager ep. - after that, horns sprouted and I just couldn't contain myself... :twisted: :twisted:
Writing as TrekPyro.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:15 pm

Made a bananer. What does everyone think?

or

before anyone asks, yes there is a slight difference between the two. the first one is striped and the other one has a smoother appearance. Which one is better?
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:54 am

My vote is for the second, smoother one.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Also mine.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:19 pm

Second one! It has a softer look.

Oh, fell asleep on the bus home, sorry, will get to the story soon. Promise! We had our first party this weekend since moving into our house and finally having enough chairs for people to sit on. I got all nervous and cleaned every corner like a mad woman. Party was fine, and no one complained about dust bunnies under the couch, cause there weren't any. Just the pet rabbit hidding under the couch to get far from the madding crowd. And my friend's cheesecake disappered like it got sucked down a black hole. Now I am exhausted from the party! Not really a party person. It will be another two years before I even think about having so many people over.

Return to “Other Trek”