Fat Chef Riker's Trexipes

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

So whaddawe got here?

I will eat anything that moves or doesn't move. I will eat anything.
25%
I eat everything normal. All grocery store offerings. I probably wouldn't eat steak tartare.
42%
I stay away from red meat, but I eat birds and fish.
No votes
I only eat seafood and plants. And eggs and cheese.
8%
Kill a fish?! Never! I only eat plants. And eggs and cheese!
17%
Inconvenience a cow? Never! Only plants for me! That and pork! I love it! (just kidding about the pork)
No votes
Eat a plant? What? Murderer! I only eat dead things. If it's dead on it's own account I'll eat it. Not before. MMmmmMMMMmmm carrion.....
8%

Total votes: 12

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Fat Chef Riker's Trexipes

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:13 am

Mine would be about cooking crow...
Writing as TrekPyro.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:48 am

Hey Justtripin should post her pot thai recipe on here.

It's so yummy!!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:02 am

CoffeeCat wrote:Mine would be about cooking crow...
:lol: Hmm, needs a good side dish... maybe humble pie?

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:20 am

maybe...
Writing as TrekPyro.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:12 am

A story with recipes? Hmmm. Let's do a round robin on the thread. I'll start.

Chef's Busy Day
By Everybody
Genre: Whatever you're hungry for.
Rating: PG
Summary: The Chef of the Enterprise gets his groove on.

XXXXXXX

Pecan pie! All they ever want is pecan pie! he thought morosely. He slapped the circle of piecrust dough into the pan roughly and began crimping the edges with his fingers. I can make dozens of desserts...but do they ever ask for apple pie? Or cherry pie, God forbid? Of course not!

He set the pie shell aside and turned to the cutting board, where he began to ferociously chop pecans at fingertip-threatening speed. At least the controlled violence of the preparation allowed him to vent his frustration. What was so damned special about pecan pie?

He glanced at the recipe as he always did; he wasn't sure why. He had it memorized. It was just a habit.

1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon cold water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a full boil, and remove from heat.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in cooked syrup mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla, and pecans. Pour into pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set.

Then he got to work. As he began, grumbling under his breath, Commander T'Pol entered the kitchen...
Image sig by chrisis1033

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:48 am

As he began, grumbling under his breath, Commander T'Pol entered the kitchen. "Chef, Captain Archer asked me to remind you that today is Ensign Mayweather's birthday. He was very fond of the cake you made last year. I believe it was a chocolate banana cake."

One of these days I'm going to make what I feel like, Chef thought to himself. Aloud he said, "I'll start that next, Commander."

"Thank you," said their resident Vulcan before leaving. It was a refreshing change from some crewmembers, who liked to watch him work. If he'd wanted to be watched, he would have been a television chef.

While his sugar mixture for the pie was heating to a boil he pulled out the recipe for Mayweather's cake.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup salted butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 large bananas)
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C. Grease a 13x9 inch pan. In medium bowl combine flour and soda. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
Blend sugar and butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Scrape sides of bowl. Add sour cream, bananas, egg and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Gently fold in melted chocolate and stir just until marbled patter develops. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool to room temperature.

It was one of his favorite cakes. Perhaps he'd ask Captain Archer to save him a piece. Walking back to the stove, he stirred the sugar mixture and sighed. Pie, Chef! Cake, Chef! But no, we can't get you another sous-chef.

Chef liked his job, most of the time. Unfortunately, since Seymour had somehow managed to contract an alien flu, he had no help today. That made him testy.

Matters were not helped when...

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Hey, carrion sounds good. :lol: But do we have enough carrion for everyone on the planet? Probably not. So we are back to murder. :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42 am

Matters were not helped when Ensign Sato dropped by his kitchen, looking rather distracted, for a Vulcan.

Chef wiped his hands on his apron and gestured Hoshi towards a chair at the kitchen prep island. "What can I do for you, Ensign?"
Hoshi remained in the kitchen doorway, but flashed him a warm smile. "I can't stay, but I swung by to let you know that we'll be having a Vulcan admiral and four of his crew for dinner." She bit her lip. "I hate to add to your work today, but can you make sure that we have enough vegetarian food to feed them?"
Five extra vulcans to feed? He suppressed a groan and nodded. "No problem."
"Great, thanks! Let me know if you, you know, ever need help in here." Hoshi left with a little wave, and Chef slumped against the counter to think. (And ignored the ensign's offer. No need to repeat the carrot incident that he had heard about.)
First things first, an appetizer. He still had a load of mini pumpkins in the pantry... Roasted Mini Pumpkins. Yup, those would make nice, easy little starters.

Ingredients:
Mini Pumpkins
Butter
salt and pepper (for savory)
sugar and pumpkin pie spices (for sweet)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Cut the top off of the mini pumpkins as if you were going to make a jack o'lantern. Reserve the top. Drop a pat of butter (equal to about 1 tbsp) into each pumpkin, add the appropriate seasonings (savory: pinch of pepper and about 1/4 tsp salt, sweet: sugar and pumpkin pie spice to taste). Place in a shallow baking dish and replace the pumpkin top. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the pumpkin sides feel soft to the touch.

Now, he just needed to come up with a main dish and dessert.

(Tag. Hey, anyone here want to tackle an apple dessert or main dish? I think we need a homage to fall and to Archer's home state!)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 pm

Well, this thread has languished. You know, that first year of TNG, Ryker was such a hotie...then the beard...then the gut. You would think an actor would not let himself go since his employment depends upon it. But it might be a medical condition so maybe I should keep my big mouth shut.

Of course I should be one to talk! I am not as trim was I was forty years ago. But I try...lost ten pounds over the last two months working out with weights. Feel a lot better too. Working at it has its rewards! Twenty pounds more to go and I could fit back into my highland dance kilt!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Other Trek”