Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Show On Map: No

Star Trek: Entomalians - TNG/DS9-era FanFic

Postby BolianAdmiral » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:00 am

Star Trek: Entomalians

This story evolved over a period of 10 years, from being an idea I had in high school for a TNG/DS9 movie, into what it is now... an alternate-universe TNG/DS9 story that basically acts as a "what-if" scenario story, which bridges various events from the TNG, DS9, and even TOS time periods to weave a much larger story.

The story is told from two main points of view... Queen T'Zek, of the mighty Entomalian Empire, and Captain Rachel Ariel, of the U.S.S. Quasar, a newly-commissioned Nebula-Class starship. The DS9 crew also feature prominently at times.

The story is broken down into twelve "episodes", which are further divided into three "seasons" with each containing four episodes. The episodes are listed below:

- Blood and Thunder
- Duality
- Laying the Found(er)ation
- The Dyson Cube

- The Remilitarized Zone
- Black Gold
- The Big Borg Battle
- All the Queen's Ships and All the Queen's Men

- The Battle of Betazed
- The Sky is Falling
- Stargazing At Midnight
- Vendetta

So, without any further delay, here is the opening segment of "Star Trek: Entomalians", written by yours truly. Please enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAR TREK: ENTOMALIANS

Created/Developed/Written By: BolianAdmiral

Based Upon "Star Trek" Created By: Gene Roddenberry

This story takes place in the Star Trek universe of storytelling. However, to allow for full artistic creativity in the telling of this story, the story is also set within an alternate universe within the Star Trek setting.

This story is dedicated to Phil Lambert, the man who introduced me to Star Trek, and started it all.

- STAR TREK: ENTOMALIANS -

One year ago, a single Borg vessel entered Federation space, on a direct heading to Earth, on a mission to assimilate the United Federation of Planets into the Borg Collective.

An interception force of forty Federation starships was sent to Wolf 359, to stop the Borg vessel in its tracks.

They failed.

In a battle that lasted only fifteen minutes, the Borg decimated the Federation fleet, and resumed course for Earth, where it was eventually stopped by the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Although the Borg had been stopped, the Federation Starfleet had been dealt a devastating blow. With a full one-third of the Starfleet wiped out, several of the Federation's key sectors were left extremely vulnerable to threat forces, and if attacked again, the Starfleet would be unable to bear the cost of another sustained conflict.

During this time, the Bajoran people had contacted the Federation with an appeal to join the Federation as a protectorate, as a means of forcing the end of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor.

Also during this time, a Bolian Starfleet Admiral, Gronthen Klonn, had approached the mighty Entomalian Empire with a proposal for an alliance. As one of only two cultures technologically superior to the Federation in the Alpha Quadrant, the Entomalians would provide ships and military support to patrol key UFP sectors that were vulnerable, while the Starfleet was rebuilt back to full strength. In exchange, the Entomalian Empire would be allowed to annex several uninhabited system within Federation space, and the UFP would refrain from making any requests for Entomalian technology, especially their famed transwarp slipstream drive.

It was during these treaty negotiations that a new opportunity arose...

The Entomalian Empire had two powerful allies... the Tholian Assembly, and the Cardassian Union. When Admiral Klonn was made aware of the situation on Bajor, he brought the issue to the Entomalians. Shortly after, the Entomalian Empire convinced the Cardassian Union to withdraw, and pull out of the Bajoran System, ending the occupation, and freeing Bajor to become a full UFP member world.

And then the Federation was made aware of the Bajoran wormhole...

As plans were underway for the handover of Terok Nor to Starfleet forces, Starfleet dispatched the Apris One probe through the wormhole. The Apris One probe not only survived the trip, but returned, revealing that the wormhole led from that Alpha Quadrant to the Gamma Quadrant, and that the wormhole was stable! Bajor had just put itself on the map.

Now, the time has come for the triple ceremony that will mark the formal admission of Bajor into the Federation, the signing of the Treaty of Mraz, and the official end of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor.

The U.S.S. Quasar, a new Nebula-Class ship under the command of Admiral Klonn's closest personal friend, Captain Rachel Ariel, is being sent to Entomalius Prime to pick up and transport Entomalian Prime Minister Mraz and his party to the station now known as Starbase Deep Space Nine for the signing ceremony, where Admiral Klonn and the two Entomalian royals... Queen T'Zek and High Priestess K'Trez will be waiting for them... Admiral Klonn and Prime Minister Mraz, both of the architects of the new alliance, will sign the treaty together, along with the Prelek of the Cardassian Union, Joret Getal and the Bajoran Kai, Onar Lunada.

CAPE CANAVERAL ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS – EARTH ORBIT

A small Type-17 shuttlepod sailed upward towards a drydock containing a new Nebula-Class ship, the U.S.S. Quasar, as the voice of the Quasar's LCO hailed the small shuttle.

"Shuttlepod Hyonos, you are cleared for final approach and landing in the Main Shuttlebay. Welcome to Quasar." the man's voice recited.

U.S.S. QUASAR - NCC-71555 - NEBULA-CLASS

MAIN SHUTTLEBAY

A couple of deck officers casually walked about, glancing towards the small shuttlepod Hyonos, as it broke through the invisible forcefield that separated the Quasar's interior from the vacuum of space outside, with a momentary flicker and fizzle of electric blue energy around the hull of the shuttle, as it emerged into the vast expanse of the Quasar's Main Shuttlebay, gliding to a textbook perfect soft stop.

Slowly, the shuttle's port side hatch began to open, allowing the occupant to exit, as a pair of deck officers walked up to greet the person, who now became fully visible.

The person was not human... he was an Entomalian man.

The two deck officers both looked up and up, with wide eyes, as they took in the sight of the seven-foot-tall Entomalian man who now stood before them with awe, for they had never seen an Entomalian in person before... nobody in Starfleet had, except for Admiral Klonn.

The Entomalian man was a good seven feet tall, and as the name of his species implied, he was an insectoid. The Entomalians looked like a giant, upright, bipedal, and roughly humanoid praying mantis, with humanoid-looking arms and legs. The body was totally jet-black and smooth, with a "skin" of chitin. The head was almost exactly like that of a praying mantis, except that the eyes on this being were slightly inset, and were a deep glossy black. Extending out from the top of the head, was two long and thin black antennae, which began by rising a foot above the head, and then extending forward at a "joint" another foot forward, before finally dropping down from a third "joint" to knee level. The man was wearing a mustard-yellow Starfleet uniform, and he was wearing an article of clothing that was affixed to the back of his head that hung down, almost like a Pharaoh's headdress or a very short cape or veil, that was color-coordinated to match his Starfleet uniform... it was black with an edge of mustard-yellow piping. It was actually closer in form to the accessory that the Ferengi wore on the lower backs of their heads.

Finally, the Entomalian man spoke.

"I am Lieutenant Commander Melek." he announced.

"Welcome on board, Sir." the closest of the two deck officers stated.

"I wish to report directly to Captain Ariel. Where can she be found?" Melek asked the men.

"She's on the Bridge, Sir." the second deck officer stated. "Do you wish me to let her know you're here and on your way?" he asked.

"No, thank you... I'll find my way there myself." Melek replied, nodding to dismiss the two men, as he made his way to the large doors leading from the Main Shuttlebay to the Quasar's corridor.

The Quasar's Main Shuttlebay was absolutely massive... as Melek walked toward the exit, a workbee towing a sled full of small Type-15 shuttlepods sailed silently over him, making its way to the far end of the port side, where it did a swift turn about, as it came to a gentle and silent landing so that it could offload its cargo of new shuttlepods, beside the Quasar's two Runabouts... the Nile and Hudson.

Finally Melek reached the exit, and the bulky doors slid open for him, as he stepped for the first time into the corridor of his new ship.

As Melek walked through the long and curving corridor, he took in the sights around him… signs that this ship was brand-new… technicians were working open hall panels, exposing the network of isolinear circuitry boards inside, as a few chips littered the floor around the technicians. Finally, he found his way to the turbolift, and waited for a few seconds until he heard the car come to a stop, and the doors slid open with a hiss for him, as he stepped inside.

"Bridge." he instructed, as the doors again slid closed in front of him, replacing the image of him with the image of the closed turbolift doors.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: Star Trek: Entomalians - TNG/DS9-era FanFic

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 am

This is interesting. A truly "alien" alien is always refreshing. The script format will take some getting used to, though.
Image sig by chrisis1033

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby BolianAdmiral » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 am

^

Thank you. Yes, well, my writing style is a sort of hybrid TV script/prose format, because my original training was in writing TV scripts... so that kind of stuck with me when I write prose stuff.

Here is the next segment:

-- -- -- -- --

STAR TREK: ENTOMALIANS - CONTINUED

Episode One - "BLOOD AND THUNDER"

U.S.S. QUASAR - NEBULA-CLASS

BRIDGE

The young man standing at the large wooden tactical "horseshoe" station turned to face a young female in a sciences uniform at the aft stations, handing her a PADD, as he addressed her.

"Tell the crews to do better on that port lateral sensor relay... I want it up to seventy-five percent before we leave the yard." he said, as she nodded, replying with a soft "Yes, Sir." as she made her way out of view, just as the turbolift doors hissed open.

The man at the tactical station, as well as everyone on the Bridge paused to look, as Lt. Cmdr. Melek stepped out of the lift, and onto the Bridge for the first time, casually making his way down the Bridge ramp, past the port side circuitry access stations, until he turned and paused outside of the Captain's Ready-Room, ringing the door chime.

READY-ROOM

Captain Rachel Ariel sat at her desk, her eyes darting between the screens on the mountain of PADDs she had on her desk, and her computer monitor. She was consumed by the PADDwork that always came with the activation and launch of a new starship, as it embarked on its very first real mission. Behind her, the landscape of Earth's Florida Peninsula, flanked by the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean filled the view in the Ready-Room window, as every few seconds or so, a shuttle or service craft would be seen flying by outside.

It took two chimes of the doorbell for Ariel to notice it, and she quickly looked up, wiping some bangs of dark brown hair from in front of her eyes away, as she faced the door.

"Come in." she announced, as the doors hissed open, and Lt. Cmdr. Melek stepped into the room, as Ariel stood up, extending her hand to welcome the new officer.

"Captain Ariel... I am Lieutenant Commander Melek... your new Tactical Officer." he announced, shaking his new Captain's hand.

"An honor, Sir... welcome to Quasar. We're extremely lucky to have the only Entomalian in Starfleet posted to our fair vessel." Ariel said, as Melek produced a golden-yellow isolinear chip, handing it to Ariel, who took it, inserting it into the reader slot on her computer, as both officers sat down.

"Those are your mission orders, and details. Admiral Klonn wanted me to deliver them personally to you." Melek stated, as Ariel directed her gaze from the computer screen back up to Melek.

"How is Admiral Klonn?" she asked, smiling.

"Excited." Melek began. "He can't wait to see you at the ceremony on Deep Space Nine."

"I'm sure..." Ariel began. "He's invested so much time and energy on seeing this alliance formed... even put his Starfleet career on the line for it... it must give him an incredible sense of accomplishment and pride, to finally see it all realized. I don't think he's so much as slept, since he first contacted your people with the initial proposal... it's all he's thought about... it's been his all-consuming passion." she stated, as Melek nodded in silent recognition.

For a short moment, the two regarded each other, until Ariel broke the silence again.

"Now, Klonn said that all the dignitaries will be waiting for us at Deep Space Nine... if that's the case, why didn't Prime Minister Mraz accompany the Queen and High Priestess on their ships, instead of having us pick him up and take him there?" she asked.

"Admiral Klonn wants a Federation ship to transport the Prime Minister, to show the new partnership and unity between our two cultures... the mutual trust we share. The people on DS9 will see a tangible representation of that partnership, when they see the Quasar dock, and see you and I leading the Prime Minister aboard the station." Melek explained.

"I understand." Ariel began. "Well, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my First Officer and CONN Officer, and my Chief Engineer is over at the yard, so as soon as they're all aboard the ship, we'll break orbit, and proceed to your homeworld." she added, getting up and again extending her hand, as Melek followed suit, shaking her hand. "Again, welcome aboard. If you have some time before settling in to your quarters, you might want to stop by Sickbay... the Doctor's anxious to meet you." she stated.

Melek nodded in reply, and turned to walk out of the Ready-Room, as the doors opened to let him out, and then closed after him, as Captain Ariel looked after him.

ASHALLA, BAJOR

Even though it would be days before the signing ceremony, the Bajoran people were in full celebration mode, now that the Cardassian had left their world, and the air of the Capitol City of Ashalla was filled with the ringing of bells from the monasteries, and the distant chanting of monks, as various provinces stretching from the Capitol region well into the distant Dahkur and Kendra provinces in and behind the mountain range, were shooting off fireworks displays into the dawn sky.

On the wide street below, two figures walked along, at a slow and comfortable pace. One figure was in robes of crimson and gold... the Bajoran Kai, Onar Lunada. The other figure was much taller, and wore a long flowing cloak of black and gold... T'Zek, Queen of the mighty Entomalian Empire.

"I must say again, how very much my people are in your debt, Queen T'Zek." Kai Lunada began. "You have no idea how much we suffered under the Cardassian occupation. When we heard about the proposed treaty in the works, we knew the time was right to approach the Federation... we had faith that the Prophets would use the circumstances to deliver us from that evil, and we always held strong to that faith... and low and behold, it has paid off, for here we are now, you and I, walking together and conversing about it." she added.

T'Zek looked to the Kai, as she replied.

"Think nothing more of it... it was a situation we were happy to resolve. I wouldn't get too close to Prelek Getal during the ceremony, though... he's still fuming that he will be required to make a public apology for the occupation on behalf of the Cardassian Union, following the signing ceremony." T'Zek offered, as Kai Lunada shook her head in silent disbelief.

"I still can't fathom how you got him to agree to that stipulation." Lunada stated.

"It was either that, or be forced to accept a slew of stinging sanctions imposed on the Union by the Empire. But both Bajoran and Cardassian cultures are going to have to find some middle ground, since in return the Cardassians will be allowed to establish colonies in the new Demilitarized Zone... there is bound to be the occasional meeting of Bajoran and Cardassian within the zone's regions." Queen T'Zek explained.

"Do not worry, Queen T'Zek... my people have no desire for any further interaction with the Cardassians... we shall make every effort to avoid them. I just hope they shall be doing the same." Lunada stated, as both women continued walking down the street.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby BolianAdmiral » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:06 pm

U.S.S. QUASAR – NEBULA-CLASS

The ship remained inside its drydock, as the outer hull panels that had been open, were now being closed, and gamma-welded shut. At the same time, all the Workbees and auxiliary vehicles were now moving away, clearing the ship, as the ship’s warp nacelle lights and bussard ramscoop lights began to power up, glowing to life, in bright blue and red.

“Captain’s Log, Captain Rachel Ariel, U.S.S. Quasar. I am about to take this new ship on its first mission… a mission of great importance to the Federation. When we deliver the Entomalian Prime Minister to the ceremony on Deep Space Nine, it will usher in a new era for the Federation, and the Alpha Quadrant… in one bold stroke, the Cardassian occupation of Bajor will be over, the United Federation of Planets and the Entomalian Empire will become allies, and Bajor will be admitted into the Federation.”

“My entire senior staff has now arrived on board… my First Officer, Commander John Anderson, my Chief Engineer, Lieutenant Commander Keith Argyle, my Chief Medical Officer, Doctor Edward Wilson, my CONN Officer, Ensign Robert Curtis, and, of course, my Entomalian Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Commander Melek. Everybody except for Melek has served with me previously, on my last command, the U.S.S. Zodiac.”

“Mister Melek is the first Entomalian I have ever come into personal contact with. I don’t know too much about his people, or his world, but if Melek himself is a typical example of an Entomalian, then I am impressed with what I see. I am uncertain what kind of impact the new alliance will have on the scope of galactic affairs… I expect that in all probability, the Entomalians themselves will be content to just sit back, and assume a role as observers, taking action only when the Federation is in need of help.”

The doors to the Captain’s Ready-Room hissed open, allowing Captain Ariel to walk onto the Bridge. She took a long moment to look around, and take in all the sights and sounds of her new Bridge.

The Bridge of her new Nebula-Class ship was almost identical to that of its larger Galaxy-Class cousins… the floor plan was identical, but there were subtle cosmetic differences…

The two side circuitry access areas were different… these had LCARS displays on the top, and each of the three sections had its own dual isolinear access boxes, and those two sections were separated by a red alert light strip. Also, on either side of the forward part of the Bridge, gone were the coffee replicators… in their place, were dual wooden isolinear optical chip storage racks, with a red alert light strip running vertically down the middle of the wood panel.

Commander Anderson regarded his Captain, as she had her moment. Anderson was a middle-aged human man, in his late 40’s. His face was still quite youthful, but his hair was white. Finally, he spoke up.

“Ready to get underway, Captain?” he asked.

Captain Ariel took a deep breath, smiling, as she nodded, walking to her Captain’s chair, sitting down, as Anderson looked at her.

She sat down, running her hands over the arms of her chair, as Anderson had to smile at the sight of his Captain enjoying the feeling of commanding a new ship.

“Yes, Commander… I think that would be the thing to do.” Ariel replied, as she smiled back at Anderson, tapping her communicator. “Bridge to Engineering… is everything in order down there?” she asked.

In Engineering, a robust human man with a beard turned away from a side wall display, and looked forward, tapping his communicator to reply, while in the background, the heart of the new ship, the mighty warp core, thrummed loudly, the sections of blue energy converging at the core’s center.

“Aye, Captain! Your new engines are ready to go… just give the word, Sir, and you’ll have full power at your disposal.” Chief Argyle stated.

On the Bridge, Ariel broke into a smile, as she exchanged a look with Anderson.

“So do you think this new bird can handle a flight to Entomalius Prime?” Ariel said, baiting.

In Engineering, Argyle looked up slightly, as he gave his reply.

“Aye, Captain… you say jump, and I’ll ask how high.” he said.

On the Bridge, Ariel and Anderson shared a chuckle, as Ariel now looked forward.

“Thank you, Engineering.” She said, tapping her communicator again, as she now focused on her CONN Officer, Ensign Curtis. “Mister Curtis.” She began. “Ready to take a trip?” she asked.

Robert Curtis, the Ensign at the CONN, was very young, and clean-cut… he was just out of Starfleet Academy by a month, when Wolf 359 took place.

“Aye, Captain.” He stated.

“Excellent.” Ariel began, as she quickly glanced up to Melek, who was at his post, manning the Tactical station, the large wooden horseshoe station that rose above and behind the command area. “How are we doing up there, Mister Melek?” she asked.

“Very well, Captain.” Melek began. “All systems are functioning perfectly.” He said.

Ariel looked forward, nodding with satisfaction, as she sat back in her chair, gripping the arms.

“Very well.” She began, as she tapped the intercom button on her chair’s right arm panel. “Attention all decks, all hands… this is the Captain. We’re moving out. Secure all stations… I repeat… secure all stations… we are moving out.” She said, as she looked to Mister Curtis. “Mister Curtis… lay in a course for the Entomalian System… maximum warp. Engage once we’ve cleared the system.” Ariel ordered.

“Aye, Captain… course for Entomalius Prime locked in… warp factor nine… to be initiated upon clearance of Sol System.” Curtis relayed.

Anderson gave a nod, as he leaned forward slightly in his seat.

“Very good. Take us out of the dock, nice and slow, Ensign.” He said.

CAPE CANAVERAL ORBITAL STARFLEET YARDS – EARTH ORBIT

In space, the proud new ship slowly began to drift out of the drydock, moving forward slowly, as the numerous dock vehicles made way for the great ship.

Gradually, the new Nebula-Class ship began to clear the dock, moving forward, and very slowly beginning to pick up speed, as it cleared the dock.

U.S.S. QUASAR - NEBULA-CLASS

The great ship now rose above the large network of drydocks that orbited high above the Earth, as the Quasar began to angle about, assuming position for a course that would take it out of Earth’s solar system.

The Quasar rose ever higher into the heavens, as it now accelerated to full impulse, racing away from Earth, and towards the Entomalian System.

The new ship shot through the void of deep space at maximum warp, as numerous stars flew past the ship as seemingly endless streaks of white light.

SICKBAY

An old and worn hand held up a clear vial of red-tinted liquid. The hand brought the vial back down, to reveal that the old hand belonged to an elderly human man, with silver-gray hair, and a face that showed it had lived a long and full life. The man wore a medical-blue uniform, sporting Commander’s pips.

As the old man began to enter data about the contents of the vial into a PADD, he was interrupted by the door chime, as he gently set the PADD down on the table, turning to face the doorway and adjusting his uniform shirt.

“Enter.” He said, as the doors hissed open, allowing Melek into the room.

The old man’s face lit up with excitement, at the sight of the new Entomalian officer, and he rushed to meet the man, extending his hand enthusiastically.

“Melek, right? Yes, it’s Melek, isn’t it?” he began, as Melek shook his hand. “It’s such a pleasure to meet you, Sir… I am Doctor Wilson… Doctor Edward Wilson… I’m the CMO. I am so happy to finally meet an Entomalian in person, Sir!” he said, excited.

“Are you?” Melek asked, not sure what to make of all of this attention.

“Indeed.” Wilson began. “You have no idea… I have studied your species with great fascination, Sir… yours is an utterly remarkable species… the only known insectoid life form that gives birth live, and one of the very few without compound eyes!” he recited, enthused. “Ten times, right? Entomalians can lift ten times their own body weight?” he asked.

Melek’s left antennae moved upward a bit, as if he was uncertain how to take all of this… he suddenly felt very awkward, as if he were being treated as a specimen, rather than as a fellow officer.

“Umm, yes… that’s correct.” Melek said.

Doctor Wilson brought his hands together in a clap, as his smile widened.

“I knew it!” he said. “Well, Mister Melek… how may I help you?” he asked.

“I am here to report for my crew physical.” Melek stated. “But if you are busy at the moment, I can return la--” he began, but was cut off.

“Nonsense!” Wilson blurted, as he excitedly reached for the closest medical tricorder, and indicated for Melek to have a seat on the nearest biobed. “I’ll gladly do it now!” he stated, as Melek resigned himself to his fate, slowly laying back on the biobed behind him.

Wilson reached up above the biobed, and swung down one of the overhead medical display panels, which also had a mirror on it, with a series of buttons. Wilson pressed a few of those buttons, synchronizing the overhead panel with his tricorder, as he took out the scanner from the tricorder, and began to run it over Melek’s body, regarding the tricorder’s display.

“Remarkable… just amazing.” Wilson said to himself aloud, as he shook his head with wonder, as poor Melek just continued to lay back on the biobed, unable to leave, until the Doctor was finished.

STARBASE DEEP SPACE NINE – ORBITING BAJOR

The old Cardassian-built station, formerly known as Terok Nor, continued its orbit of Bajor, as it was now joined by the two Entomalius-Class Royal Starcruisers that belonged to Queen T’Zek and High Priestess K’Trez.

PROMENADE

A massive crowd was already assembling in preparation for the upcoming ceremony, as the colorful flags and banners from various worlds hung from the upper level, as the row of large circular windows on the upper level offered a stunning view of the space outside.

There were Bajorans, Federation and Starfleet people, as well as various other aliens sprinkled in. Three Cardassians were already present… the leader of the Cardassian Union, Prelek Joret Getal, Gul Dukat, and the station’s resident Cardassian, a tailor named Garak. Garak was on the opposite side of the Promenade as Prelek Getal and Gul Dukat, and watched intently, as a small group of Ferengi waiters from Quark’s Bar attended to the Cardassian men, taking orders from Prelek Getal, as Gul Dukat was handed a drink in a glass.

Garak was so intently watching the other two men, that he did not notice a form standing right behind him. He was startled, when the form spoke to him.

“Huh… see anything interesting?” A gruff, crusty voice asked.

Garak turned to face the source of the voice… a tall humanoid-looking man, with a golden Bajoran Security uniform, and slicked back hair, and facial features that were “simplified”.

“You know, Odo… that is really irritating, sneaking up on a fellow like that. You could have given me a heart attack.” Garak exclaimed, as Odo rolled his eyes and harrumphed.

Garak shot Odo a look, and then his features softened slightly, as he now pointed to one of the men, as Odo lowered his head a little, to look where Garak was indicating.

“You see that tall lanky man?” Garak asked. “That’s Prelek Joret Getal… the leader of the Cardassian Union… HE is the man who has the power to end my exile once and for all… if only I could get to him.” He said.

Odo nodded, a look of puzzlement on his face.

“Why don’t you go over to him and ask him now?” he asked.

Garak shot Odo another look.

“Oh, that’s just great, Constable… seeing as how the man beside him is Gul Dukat… the man who is directly responsible for my exile to begin with.” Garak said.

Odo nodded with understanding.

“I can see how that would be a problem.” Odo said, teasingly, as Garak looked up to him, only to see a smiling Odo.

“That’s not funny, Constable.” Garak said, flatly. "It paints a dire picture for me indeed... for in but a few days, this station will be overflowing with Starfleet and Bajoran people... Bajorans, Odo... no doubt they will not welcome the sight of a remaining Cardassian on the station." he added, now looking back towards Dukat, and sneering slightly, as he continued talking aloud, mostly to himself. "No doubt Gul Dukat knows it... and is relishing the thought of my demise at the hands of the Bajora." he lamented.

Elsewhere on the Promenade, two tall and imposing Entomalians loomed over the smaller humanoid inhabitants that walked by... one of them was Queen T'Zek, and the other was High Priestess K'Trez, who was watching the others with an unwavering, hawkish focus, as if she were more like a taskmaster making sure people kept in line, than a diplomatic observer.

K’Trez was an old Entomalian woman… the oldest one in known history… at 88 human years of age, she was an anomaly, as far as Entomalian lifespans went. She was a very strict woman, and KNEW that she was in total control of the entire Empire, yet, for some reason, she was known for almost never speaking in public. K’Trez was not xenophobic, but she did have isolationist tendencies… electing to avoid contact with outsiders. The only alien species she seemed to both tolerate and trust, were the two major allied species, the Cardassians and the Tholians. Of the two, she thought more highly of the Tholians, though she held the Cardassian legal system in very high regard.

“I don’t like it.” K'Trez blurted. “I see no reason why we have to ally our great Empire with these lower life forms. They have absolutely nothing to offer us… we are by far superior to them. We could crush them in an instant, if we wanted to… it is we that are doing them a favor, by agreeing to this alliance… because they need protection from the Borg.” She said.

Queen T’Zek shot her a look that told her to shut up.

“That very attitude is the reason for this whole alliance.” T’Zek began. “It is an attitude that is dying… its time has come. If our Empire is to grow, we must look forward, and openly embrace the worlds and cultures that lie beyond our space. This isolationist philosophy will not serve us well in the future. To grow stronger, we need new allies… new friends.” She said. “Sorry, K’Trez, but if you want to survive in this future world, you will have to accept this, and move on.” She added.

“All I’m saying is that these Federation people will begin to make requests for our technology. You see… it will happen. First it will start small… then before you know it, they’ll be asking us for transwarp slipstream drives, weapons, you name it.” She said. “I don’t trust them.” K’Trez added.

“Fine… you don’t like it.” T’Zek began. “Just don’t let that cynical outlook ruin this ceremony… this is Mraz’s big moment, and a turning point for the Empire and the Alpha Quadrant.” She said.

ENTOMALIUS PRIME – CAPITOL CITY

The powerful noontime sun rained down upon the vast T’Zanth valley and mountains, which enclosed the large Capitol City. Noontime temperatures on Entomalius Prime generally topped out at around 140 degrees Fahrenheit. A few wispy white clouds dotted the blue sky, as a few high-flying birds flew about.

Below, the vast Capitol City gleamed in the daytime sun, the proud angular modern buildings rising into the sky, surrounding the centerpiece of the whole city… the massive and majestic Capitol Building… a huge pyramid-shaped building, which housed all the government offices, the command and communications center for the Entomalian Navy, and was home to the Prime Minister, Queen, and High Priestess.

All the buildings on Entomalius Prime were constructed of native stone, giving the buildings their trademark color scheme of varying tones of yellow-ochers.

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

Inside the office, the door hissed open, as Mraz’s First Aide, another young Entomalian man named Traz, entered the room, stopping just inside the doorway, and bowing respectfully to the Prime Minister. Traz was just a bit taller than Prime Minister Mraz.

Prime Minister Mraz was quite short for an Entomalian… he was only about five feet and seven inches tall. This small size, however, in no way was a measurement of the man himself… Mraz was a leader who was much loved by the citizens of the Empire. He was the youngest Prime Minister yet, and was known for his fairness, and exceptional diplomatic skills as a negotiator. Mraz was an exceptionally social and optimistic Entomalian.

“Forgive the interruption, but I have news. The Federation ship that has been sent here has just entered the system, and will enter the orbit soon.” Traz stated.

“Excellent.” Mraz said, patting Traz on the shoulders. “Inform the Federation ship that I shall be ready when they arrive.” he instructed, as Traz bowed again, leaving the room.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby BolianAdmiral » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm

ENTOMALIUS PRIME

The Earth-sized desert planet hung silent in space, as the U.S.S. Quasar entered into standard orbit.

On the ship, the doors to the Transporter Room slid open allowing Captain Ariel, Commander Anderson, and Melek to enter the room, as they all took position facing the platform in front of the transporter console as the Transporter Chief worked the panel.

“Ready to transport, Captain.” he informed Ariel.

“Energize.” She said.

The low buzzing hum of the transporter began to sound as the lights on three of the pads began to glow to life while the shimmering curtains of sliver light appeared, the three forms beginning to take shape, gradually materializing into three Entomalian men as the transporter beam began to fade away, the transport process finished.

Finally, the leader of the group looked to Captain Ariel, and walked down from the platform, extending his hand to Ariel.

“Captain Ariel?” he asked.

“Yes… I’m Captain Rachel Ariel.” She said, shaking the man’s hand.

“Ah, good.” The man began. “I am Prime Minister Mraz, of the Entomalian Empire. And these are my Aides, Traz and Tsili.” He said, turning his head for a moment, to indicate the two other men still on the platform.

Ariel smiled, as she nodded to the other two men.

“A pleasure, Prime Minister. On behalf of the United Federation of Planets, welcome.” She began. “Allow me to introduce my fellow officers… my First Officer, Commander John Anderson, and my Tactical Officer, Mister Melek.” She said, as both Anderson and Melek shook Mraz’s hand.

“It is an honor to meet you, Sir.” Melek stated.

“Thank you.” Mraz began. “How is life in the Federation treating you? Are you enjoying Starfleet service?” he asked.

“Federation life finds me well, Prime Minister.” Melek began. “There are many differences between Starfleet and the Entomalian Navy, but I find life in Starfleet enjoyable.” He said.

“Good.” Mraz said. “It is my hope that with this new alliance, more Entomalians, and even Federation people, will have the same opportunities you have had… to experience another culture up-close.” He said.

The new ship shot through space at high warp, the stars flying by as long streaks of white light.

In the Conference Lounge, Captain Ariel and her senior staff sat around the table, along with Prime Minister Mraz and his two Aides. The whole room has been converted into a makeshift banquet room, and the long table was now covered with a tablecloth, and fine china and utensils adorned the table, along with a lavish floral centerpiece, as well as beautiful culinary dishes from both Earth and Entomalius Prime. A staff of attendants circulated around the table, refilling drink glasses.

“So, Prime Minister… I am curious about the structure of the Entomalian Empire… how close are you to the Cardassians and the Tholians?” Commander Anderson asked, as he then took a drink of water.

Mraz dabbed his maw with a towel, setting down his fork, as he replied.

“Quite close...” He began. “But our true closest ally is in fact the Jarada Communion. Our world has a large Jaradan population, and you will find many Jarada on every Entomalian ship. In regard to the Cardassians and the Tholians, we are economically and socially quite close with the Cardassian Union… there are many similarities between us… our art, architecture, our legal system. Our relationship with the Tholians is more of a technological union… the Tholians have shared some of their technology with us. In return, we have offered them our transwarp slipstream technology, but they have declined.” Mraz said.

“I see.” Anderson began, as he took a few bites of food, before again speaking. “Tell me… I understand that you and Admiral Klonn worked together on this for nearly over a year… who was the one who actually came up with the idea for the alliance?” he asked.

“It was Admiral Klonn, who first came to me.” Mraz began. “To tell you the truth, I was quite surprised… it was quite “out of the blue”, as you say. “At first I thought he was crazy to offer such a proposal. However, as I continued to speak with him, and work with him, I began to realize just how passionate he was about this, and how serious. He believes with all of his soul, that this is a good thing for the galaxy. Over the past year, I have come to regard him as a close and dear personal friend.” He said.

Captain Ariel put her fork down, as she looked to Mraz.

“The Admiral is a very good man. He and I go way back. He was a upperclassman at Starfleet Academy, when I was a freshman. He kind of took me under his wing… showed me the ropes, and helped me out a lot. He made sure that I succeeded. He has been like part of my family ever since. In fact, it’s because of him, that I am in command of this ship… after I lost the Zodiac at Wolf 359, Admiral Klonn made me a deal… if I stayed on Spacedock, working for him as an Aide for one year, he would make sure that I get command of a new ship. So he had the Quasar built, and assigned me command of it.” She explained. “In retrospect, I think he had all this planned out way in advance… he wanted this ship, me, and Melek, for this mission.” She added.

Mraz nodded, as he then paused, reaching for his glass of water, and lifting it up, signaling to everyone his intention to make a toast, as everyone else lifted their glasses as well.

“So be it.” He began. “A toast… to dear friends, new alliances, and working together for a better future. From this point on, it is smooth sailing… only good things can happen.” He said, as everyone nodded their agreement, saying “here, here”, as Ariel and Mraz faced each other.

The station continued its orbit of Bajor, as the two Entomalius-Class Royal Starcruisers that belonged to Queen T’Zek and High Priestess K’Trez were now joined by a small fleet of small ships, in roughly the form of a "swoosh" shape, and with mirror-shiny golden hulls. These were the Entomalian Feliz-Dat-Class starships, which were here to provide escort and protection for the Entomalian Royals.

PROMENADE

Admiral Klonn waded through the growing crowd, searching for someone. Finally, his eyes located the target… a middle-aged African-American human woman, who was dressed in the black and white cloak of the Federation President.

Gradually, Admiral Klonn made his way to the woman, who looked to him, smiling, as she recognized him.

“Admiral Klonn.” She said.

“Madam President.” Klonn began. “Are you enjoying yourself?” he asked her.

“Indeed.” She began. “Admiral Ross just introduced me to Kai Lunada… remarkable woman.” She said.

Klonn nodded as she spoke, and lifted one hand in a gesture for summon somebody in the distance.

“Well, I’d like to introduce you to another remarkable woman.” Klonn began, as the person he had summoned approached the two, as the President looked to see who it was. “Madam President… allow me to introduce you to Queen T’Zek, of the Entomalian Empire.” Klonn said, as the two women shook hands. “Queen T’Zek, this is President Tyra Winters, of the United Federation of Planets.” He stated.

Queen T’Zek’s antennae perked up slightly, at the mention of the human woman’s title.

“A pleasure, Queen T’Zek.” Winters began. “I was wondering when you were going to pop up… I’ve been looking forward to meeting you.” She said. “Where is the High Priestess?” she asked.

“It’s an honor to meet you, President Winters.” T’Zek began. “I’m afraid that the High Priestess is not the most social Entomalian you’ll meet. She’s over there, watching everything.” T’Zek said, as she nodded in the direction where K’Trez was standing.

The trio looked to the High Priestess, who was standing in front of one of the Promenade shops next to Odo, as both people scanned the Promenade like hawks. High Priestess K’Trez was a full two feet taller than Odo, three feet, if you counted her antennae.

“Umm… should I go and say something to her?” President Winters asked T’Zek.

“Ah… no.” T’Zek began. “K’Trez is a woman of few words. She prefers to be left to her own most of the time. It’s… it’s her way.” She said, somewhat apologetically.

Suddenly, the trio was distracted by a buzz from the crowd as many people began to rush to a position close to the upper level windows, and the middle of the lower level, where the lower crowd could get a better view out the windows. Suddenly the crowd began to hush as finally, one of the Starfleet men in attendance on the upper level withdrew from one of the windows, and shouted out to everyone.

“Here they come!” he called out.

Seconds later, a bright flash of white light could be seen, followed a full second later by the sight of the U.S.S. Quasar sailing proudly by, as the entire crowd cheered and clapped loudly at the sight of the ship passing by.

The U.S.S. Quasar smoothly edged into position, locking onto a docking position on one of the station’s upper docking pylons.

UPPER PYLON THREE

The airlock door rolled open allowing Mister Melek to step out, as he ducked to avoid hitting the top of the airlock doorway as he straightened up and extended his hand to help Prime Minister Mraz through, along with his three Aides.

As the Prime Minister and his party boarded the station, a small group applauded, as now Captain Ariel and her senior staff began to enter the station.

“Prime Minister Mraz… on behalf of the United Federation of Planets, welcome aboard Starbase Deep Space Nine.” A tall human Starfleet Admiral said, as he extended his hand, as Mraz accepted it, and shook it. “I’m Admiral William Ross.” He added, as now another hand offered itself to Mraz, this one belonging to a Bajoran woman in a red and maroon Bajoran uniform.

“Peldor joi, Prime Minister Mraz… the Bajoran Provisional Government welcomes your people to our world, and this station. I am Major Kira Nerys.” She said.

Mraz nodded to both of them, as he paused for a short moment, before speaking.

“Thank you, both.” Mraz began. “On behalf of the Entomalian Empire, I bring you greetings. This is a momentous day in the history of our galaxy, and I am honored to be here, to help usher it in.” he said.

“Well put.” Admiral Ross stated, as he gestured for Mraz and the rest of the group to proceed forward. “I know you must be anxious to meet with Admiral Klonn, Prime Minister. We have set up an area on the Promenade for the ceremony. Admiral Klonn and everyone else is there, waiting. Shall we?” he asked.

“By all means.” Mraz said, excitedly. “It’s time to close this deal!” he said, as the group chuckled, nodding as they all headed down the corridor.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby BolianAdmiral » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am

The station and the Quasar maintained orbit, as the two Royal Starcruisers in the distance kept position, as the guardian Feliz-Dat’s patrolled the area around the two Royal Entomalian ships.

In the Wardroom, the Entomalians, and the Cardassians sat on one side of the long banquet table, as the Federation people and Bajorans sat on the other side. There was ample food and drink, and both Federation and Ferengi attendants buzzed about the room, waiting on various guests.

“I still cannot believe that Bajor is finally now a Federation world.” Major Kira stated, prompting Prelek Getal to look up from his meal, and look to her, as he ate.

“I hope you’re happy… you people will never let that damned apology go.” Getal muttered softly, as he finished eating, as the remark attracted the attention of Queen T’Zek, who leaned closer to Prelek Getal.

“Hmmm? What’s that, Prelek Getal?” T’Zek asked.

Prelek Getal wore the look of a child who had just been caught by his teacher, passing a note in class, as he fumbled with his fork, as he looked to T’Zek.

“I say this hasperat souffle is good… could use some more yamok sauce, though.” He said, as his eyes looked cautiously to T’Zek, who nodded.

“Well, you can have my yamok sauce.” T’Zek said, as she pushed the container to Getal, who took it, nodding his silent thanks to T’Zek, with a sheepish look on his face.

T’Zek looked to Kai Lunada, to ask a question.

“Kai Lunada, I am curious… you spoke of a “Celestial Temple”… what exactly is that? T’Zek asked.

“The Celestial Temple is the home of the Prophets… our gods.” Lunada replied.

The commander of the station, Captain Benjamin Sisko, now spoke up.

“It’s a wormhole.” He began. “The only stable one known to exist… at least in the known galaxy. It connects the Alpha Quadrant to the Gamma Quadrant.” He said.

This piqued T’Zek’s interest.

“Ooh! Where in the Gamma Quadrant, exactly?” she asked.

“The Idran Sector.” Sisko stated.

“Oh, my… Idran… I don’t think we’ve ever sent any expeditions to that part of space, have we?” she asked, turning to her Aides, who shook their heads. T’Zek turned back to Sisko. “So, is there anything interesting out that way?” she asked.

“We don’t know yet… we sent out the Apris One probe, but so far haven't sent any manned expeditions through.” Sisko replied.

Kai Lunada picked up on the fact that Queen T'Zek was now visibly interested in the subject, and interjected.

“Queen T’Zek… would you like to see the Celestial Temple for yourself… take a trip through it?” Kai Lunada asked, leaning forward, as everyone fell silent at the Kai's sudden offer. "Of course, the Quasar may also join in... I'm sure you'd like to take the opportunity to take detailed sensor scans with the resources of a full starship." she added, realizing that it may have sounded as if she wasn't inviting Bajor's new Federation friends along as well.

Finally, Queen T'Zek replied, facing Lunada.

"A most generous and gracious offer, Kai Lunada, thank you. We accept." T'Zek replied, as all were smiles at the table.

As the station maintained orbit, the twin Entomalian Royal Starcruisers, along with their Feliz-Dat escorts, began to move away from the station, and move at low impulse, towards the area of space where the Bajoran wormhole was located, as the U.S.S. Quasar followed.

BRIDGE

Captain Ariel looked to the main viewscreen, as the twin Royal Starcruisers flew over the Quasar, along with their Feliz-Dat escorts, taking position in front of the ship. The great ships filled the view for a good few full seconds, as they flew by. The Royal Starcruisers were massive… they were three times as long, and twice as tall as a Galaxy-Class Starship. The Feliz-Dat-Class ships, by comparison, were very small… the Feliz-Dat-Class ship was only about one-third the length of a Galaxy-Class ship, and only had twelve decks.

“Those sure are big ships.” Ariel stated, as she watched the Starcruisers finally clear the view.

In space, the small fleet continued on, towards the area of space where the event horizon of the wormhole was supposed to be located.

The ships continued on for a few full seconds without event. Then, suddenly, the heavens opened up, and the wormhole erupted into sight, spilling out waves and ripples of brilliant blue light, as rays of a hazy and godly yellow light shot out from the center of the phenomenon.

E.I.V. FELIZ-DAT - FELIZ-DAT-CLASS

On the Bridge, Mraz and his crew looked upon the sight of the mouth of the wormhole, as Mraz pressed the comm button on his chair’s arm panel.

“This is Prime Minister Mraz, on the Feliz-Dat… we’ll lead the way in. All ships, follow us in at one-quarter impulse.” He said.

E.I.V. ENTOMALIUS – ENTOMALIUS-CLASS

Queen T’Zek shared a look with Kai Lunada on the Bridge, as T’Zek replied.

“Acknowledged, Mraz… lead the way… we’ll follow you in.” she said, closing the channel.

In space, all the ships moved forward, one by one, as each ship entered the wormhole. Finally, after all the ships had entered the interior, the great phenomenon imploded in upon itself, closing, and restoring the view of vast unbroken space.

Inside the great wormhole, the Feliz-Dat led the twin Royal Starcruisers, the rest of the Feliz-Dat escorts, and the Quasar through the interior, as tendrils of active verteron energy roiled around the ships.

Kai Lunada watched, as Queen T’Zek moved closer to the viewscreen, her maw open with amazement and wonder, like a child seeing Santa Claus. The Kai could not help but smile at the sight of the awestruck Queen.

“It’s… it’s beautiful.” T’Zek said to herself, aloud.

BRIDGE

The sight of the wormhole’s interior filled the large main viewscreen, as the crew watched it with fascination.

Suddenly, the wormhole’s interior opened up into normal space again, as the view of a vast and open starfield now filled the view. After a second, the starfield began to pan, until the view came to a stop, displaying open space, broken only by a binary star system to the left, and a vast purple nebula on the right, and far in the distance.

After a second, Captain Ariel got up from her chair, and walked over to Ensign Curtis, who was working his panel, establishing a star fix.

“Well, Ensign… did we make it? Are we in the Gamma Quadrant?” she asked, looking at the screen.

“Aye, Captain… we did… that star system over there IS Idran… a ternary system, consisting of twin O-Type companions.” He said, as Ariel maintained her gaze on the screen.

In space, the small fleet held position just outside the event horizon of the wormhole.

BRIDGE

Ariel looked to the screen, taking in the sight of the Gamma Quadrant, as she brought her hands together by her waist.

“Well, we’re here for a while… may as well run a few scans of the region… see what we’ll see.” She said.

“Aye, Captain.” The Ensign at OPS acknowledged, as she began working her panel, scanning the surrounding space, as Captain Ariel began to walk back to her seat.

“Captain!” the OPS Officer began. “I am picking up a convoy of ships nearby… on an intercept course, traveling at warp speed.” She said, as Ariel now turned back to face the viewscreen, moving forward a few steps.

“Begin broadcasting our identification codes… universal greeting, in all known lingual and communications forms.” Ariel ordered, as the OPS Ensign entered the protocols.

“Now entering visual range, my Queen.” T’Zek’s Tactical Officer said, as T’Zek turned to face the screen, as the image shifted from the Idran System, to the sight of a convoy of roughly two-dozen alien ships, in varying shades of purple to extremely dark violet, almost black, and with white warp engine lights.

All but one of the alien ships were what appeared to be small “fighter” ships, leading a much larger “cruiser” type of ship. The small ships looked almost like bugs. One wing of the small ships veered slightly upward, revealing an aft section that sported ribs of bright purple light, on the underside.

“Are they insectoids?” T’Zek asked herself softly.

“My Queen… they are dropping out of warp now.” The Tactical Officer said, as sure enough, the screen showed the stars around the ships changing from long streaks of white light, to mere pinpoints of distant starlight.

E.I.V. FELIZ-DAT – FELIZ-DAT-CLASS

Mraz looked to the alien ships, as they continued on their way.

“Open all hailing frequencies.” He began. “Begin broadcasting our universal “hello” signal.” He said.

“Yes, Prime Minister.” The Communications Officer acknowledged, from the aft section of the Bridge.

BRIDGE

Captain Ariel regarded the sight of the alien ships, as they all came to a stop directly ahead.

Suddenly, the lead small fighter-like ship shot out a thin vertical beam of super-intense purple light, which began to sweep the ships in the small fleet, beginning with the Entomalian ships.

E.I.V. YEDDO-SKI-KREDDO – ENTOMALIUS-CLASS

High Priestess K’Trez and Admiral Klonn shielded their eyes from the bright purple light, as the intensive scan swept through the ship.

In space, the small ship’s scan swept over the Quasar, before diminishing, having finally completed.

“Channel open, Sir.” The Communications Officer said, as Mraz walked closer to the viewscreen.

“This is Prime Minister Mraz, of the Entomalian Empire, to unidentified ships… we are here on a peaceful exploratory expedition, and intend no harm. Please identify yourselves.” He said, addressing the ships outside.

For a long moment, only silence filled the air. Then, finally, the Entomalians got a reply, as the comm crackled to life.

“This is the voice of the Dominion. You are trespassing in our space, and will leave at once, or be destroyed. This is your first and final warning.”

“Of all the…” Queen T’Zek began, as she looked at the ships on the screen, as she walked closer. “How dare they try and intimidate us?” she spat, as she tapped the comm button on her command chair.

“This is Queen T’Zek, of the Entomalian Empire, to Dominion vessels… we are on a peaceful expedition… how DARE you attempt to intimidate and threaten us!” she said.

For a brief moment, all was quiet. That soon changed fast, however.

In space, the lead wing of Dominion fighters broke off, and raced towards the E.I.V. Feliz-Dat, as it opened fire, shooting bright white phased polaron beams at the Entomalian flagship.

The Feliz-Dat was not prepared to enter a combat situation so fast, and was unable to react in time, as the Dominion weapons slammed into the Feliz-Dat’s hull, the force of the multiple impacts sending the ship reeling backwards.

In less time than it took to blink an eye, the Entomalian fleet responded, instantly unleashing the fullest force of its weaponry upon the Dominion fleet, instantly decimating a full half of the Dominion convoy, as the other Dominion ships now broke off, and scrambled like hell to get away from the hoards of Feliz-Dats that were racing towards them, weapons blazing with Hell's fury, as the twin Royal Starcruisers lumbered behind them.

The Bridge was a mess… consoles flickered, and stations were overturned, as smoke filled the dimly lit room.

On the floor, beside his command chair, Mraz lay, badly wounded, as black blood dripped from his maw, as his Aides and Bridge crew rushed to help him.

Traz snapped into action, and opened his communicator.

“Feliz-Dat to Entomalius! This is Traz… Mraz has been badly wounded, and is near death! He requires immediate medical attention!” he called out.

Queen T’Zek and Lai Lunada shared a look of total shock. Finally, T’Zek replied.

“All Entomalian ships, break off, and set course for Deep Space Nine… maximum transwarp!” she called out.

In space, the lone surviving Dominion cruiser weaved about dodging Entomalian weapons fire, as suddenly, the weapons fire ceased, and the Feliz-Dats broke off, falling back, as they met the two Royal Starcruisers.

The Dominion cruiser shot itself into high warp, escaping as the Entomalian fleet came about facing the Alpha Quadrant as the entire fleet slammed into maximum transwarp, leaving behind only long streaks of golden light that left small flashes of white light behind, far off in the distance.

On the Bridge, everyone was absolutely stunned by what they had just witnessed and heard.

Finally, Captain Ariel tapped her communicator.

“Ariel to Sickbay… Doctor Wilson, Mraz has been critically injured, and his people are taking him back to Deep Space Nine for treatment. We’re going to follow… you know more about Entomalian physiology than any other Starfleet Doctor. I want you to assist Doctor Bashir’s team, and the Entomalian medical team.” She said, as she looked to Mister Curtis. “Ensign, take us back through the wormhole, full impulse.” She said, as she walked back to her command chair, and sat down, as Melek just continued to stare forward, in a state of shock.

The face of a very concerned Admiral Klonn looked down at Mraz, along with the faces of Doctors Bashir and Wilson, as they, along with an Entomalian medical team, rushed Mraz to the Infirmary on an anti-grav stretcher.

The group raced through the Promenade, followed by Queen T’Zek, and High Priestess K’Trez, as they finally reached the Infirmary, where a small crowd of Kai Lunada, Prelek Getal, Melek, and Captain Sisko were waiting, along with Mraz’s three Aides.

Upon arrival, the Starfleet Doctors, the two Entomalian royals, and the Entomalian Doctors rushed Mraz into the surgical suite, as two Entomalian guards took a position in front of the doorway, preventing anyone else from getting in, as the doors slid shut behind them.

In the surgical ward, the team of men lifted Mraz up onto the surgery table, as T’Zek and K’Trez moved away to the rear of the room, giving the Doctors room to do their jobs, as they looked on, as Admiral Klonn did the same.

“What happened?” Bashir asked.

“Blunt-force trauma to the thorax, external as well as possible internal bleeding.” One Entomalian Doctor said.

“Activate sterile field!” Wilson called out, as a forcefield flickered to life, over Mraz’s body. “Neural stimulator!” he ordered, as one of the Entomalian Doctors slapped the tools in his hand, as Wilson then placed the devices on Mraz’s head.

“Tissue mitigator!” Bashir ordered, as one of the Bajoran Nurses on duty handed him the tool.

Admiral Klonn watched, his left hand over his mouth, as the LCARS display showing Mraz’s vitals showed lines that were almost flat, as medical alarms sounded.

“Dammit!” Bashir called out. “There’s too much heterocyclic declination!” he said.

“We were on a peaceful mission… there was no reason for an attack.” Klonn said to himself, softly.

“Capillary integrity is weakening!” shouted one of the Entomalian Doctors.

“He’s going into neural shock!” Wilson called out, as he handed a tool to the Bajoran Nurse. Wilson then picked up his medical tricorder, and ran it over Mraz’s head, regarding the information on the display, as he looked to Bashir. “We have to charge the neural stimulators!” he stated, as after a second, Bashir nodded his approval.

Admiral Klonn began to lose his composure as suddenly, the LCARS display of Mraz’s vitals drew multiple flatlines.

“Fifty percent charge… NOW!” Bashir called out, as an Entomalian Doctor activated the neural stimulators from a nearby panel.

The small devices sent a powerful surge of electric charge through Mraz’s body, which was jostled slightly, but no change was seen on the vitals monitor.

“Sixty percent!” Bashir ordered.

Again the charge shot through Mraz’s body, and still there was no change in readings.

“Ninety percent!” Wilson shouted, as Bashir looked to him, and after a second, nodded.

The electricity surged through Mraz with much greater intensity, but the vitals monitor still showed flat lines.

“AGAIN!” Wilson shouted.

“AGAIN!”

“AGAIN!”

Still, nothing happened.

“DAMMIT!” Wilson shouted, as he now had no choice but to resort to the very last option of a 24th century Doctor… old-fashioned CPR.

Wilson jumped onto the surgical table, on top of Mraz, and opened Mraz’s maw, as he began to breathe into the Entomalian, as he then pressed down hard on the chitin of the thorax.

“Come on, damn you!” he shouted. “Breathe! Breathe!” he called out to Mraz.

Wilson continued his efforts, as he now began to pound on Mraz’s thorax, trying to force the Prime Minister back to life.

“Live! Live, damn you, live!” Wilson shouted, as he too, now began to succumb to his emotions, and began to cry.

The two Entomalian royals stood by, watching, as the human Doctor gave everything he had in him, to try and save Mraz’s life. Finally, the Queen could take no more, and had to resign to the grim reality.

“Doctor!” T’Zek called out, as Wilson finally stopped his efforts, and looked to her, his face streaked with tears, and his eyes full of pain and loss. “I’m sorry, Doctor… Mraz is gone.” She said.

The room was filled with a somber and grim mood, as the only sounds that were heard were Admiral Klonn’s crying, and the flatline alarms from the vitals monitor.

Finally, T’Zek moved a step forward, and looked to Doctor Bashir.

“Doctor… would you please have Traz brought in here?” she softly asked him, as Bashir nodded, walking to the doors.

The doors to the surgical ward slid open, allowing Bashir to enter the waiting area, where Mraz’s three Aides were sitting, alone. Bashir walked up to them.

“Traz, Queen T’Zek wants to see you.” He said, softly, as Traz got up, and followed Bashir back into the surgical room.

As the doors slid open once again, Traz was greeted by the sight of the two royals standing behind the surgical table, where Mraz’s body still was, the vitals monitors now turned off. Admiral Klonn was standing nearby, trying his best to hold back the tears, for the benefit of Traz, as Doctor Wilson and the Entomalian Doctors stood at attention, on either side of the table, facing each other.

Upon seeing Traz, Queen T’Zek stepped forward, out of the darkness of the corner, and into the light, as she paused, regarding Traz for a long and silent moment. Finally, she spoke.

“Mister Prime Minister.” She said, flatly.

Suddenly, the entire room seemed to suddenly cave in on Traz, as he attempted to absorb this new and sudden emotional shock.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

BolianAdmiral
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby BolianAdmiral » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 am

The doors to the Infirmary slid open, allowing Admiral Klonn to step out, as the crowd that was gathered there looked to him, their eyes full of anticipation, as they were all wondering what happened to Mraz.

Klonn looked to them all, and although he was trying his very best to remain in control, he could no longer do so, and again broke down, burying his face in his hands, as he wept for the loss of his friend.

Captain Sisko merely looked to the floor, a grim look on his face, as Kai Lunada began to weep. Prelek Getal just placed a hand on Melek’s shoulder, as both men also looked down to the floor.

After a long moment, the doors slid open again, and Doctor Wilson emerged, drying the tears from his face, which wore a look of failure. After a long pause, he finally spoke to the people.

“We tried everything… we did all we could.” He offered.

For a long series of moments, everyone just reacted to what just took place, as finally, they all reacted to the sound of the doors sliding open once more, as Queen T’Zek and High Priestess K’Trez came out of the room, at a brisk pace, conversing amongst one another.

“And inform the outer fleets that as of now, they are to return to Entomalius Prime, for redeployment assignments… we have a war to plan.” T’Zek told K’Trez, as the High Priestess nodded.

That remark from the Queen caught the attention of Captain Sisko, who grabbed the Queen’s right arm, causing her to pause.

“Queen T’Zek… a war?” he asked, as now Admiral Klonn looked to the Queen, his eyes full of questions.

“This “Dominion” has murdered the Prime Minister of the Entomalian Empire, in cold blood, in an unprovoked attack. Such an act is the same as an attack on myself or the High Priestess, and is the same as an attack on our world or Empire itself. It is an act of war, and the Entomalian Empire will respond with due force.” T’Zek remarked, as she now looked to Admiral Klonn. “Admiral, your people will be contacted shortly, regarding new fleet deployments.” She said.

“Queen T’Zek, the Federation is not at war!” Klonn replied.

“The Entomalian Empire is at war, and as an ally of the Entomalian Empire, the Federation is obligated to provide its full support to us.” T’Zek said, sternly.

This provoked a response from the High Priestess.

“I told you, T’Zek… I told you these creatures were worthless. They seek our help, but refuse to lift a finger themselves, to assist us, when we require their help. Let’s go.” K’Trez said, leading T’Zek away.

“Queen T’Zek… perhaps we should sit down and talk about this.” Sisko offered, as now the High Priestess walked over to him.

“You be silent! It was Mraz who somehow convinced us talk with you creatures, and now, he is dead! I knew no good could come from this alliance, and now, I am proven right! Side against us now, and you too, can share the Dominion’s fate! I will not hesitate one second, to give the order to crush you into oblivion!” she spat, shouting with anger.

This onslaught of venom from K’Trez shocked Sisko, who was at a loss for words, as he just looked to her, as Prelek Getal intervened, walking to K’Trez, and placing his arms around her, to gently lead her away.

“Madam High Priestess… there is no need for this… please… come with me.” Getal offered, trying to diffuse the situation, as K’Trez slowly looked away from Sisko, as she went with Getal.

“Stupid creatures.” She muttered, just loud enough for Sisko to still hear, as she walked off.

Admiral Klonn looked to T’Zek for some kind of answer, as she returned his gaze.

“You… prepare to receive an announcement within the next two days.” T’Zek said, as she pointed to Klonn, before moving off, joining the High Priestess and Prelek Getal.

Sisko and the rest of the remaining group looked to Klonn, as he stared after the two Entomalian woman. Finally, in frustration, he turned to the wall beside him, and lowered his head, thumping a fist against the wall repeatedly in a mix of anger, sorrow, and frustration.

The ship remained docked at Deep Space Nine, as the station orbited Bajor. All the Entomalian ships had left… except for one… the E.I.V. Feliz-Dat, which held position between the station and Bajor.

CONFERENCE LOUNGE

Captain Ariel sat down at the head of the long table, as a distraught Admiral Klonn paced the room, as the windows behind him offered a stunning view of Bajor.

“This was supposed to be a night of peace.” He began. “Two whole years… two whole years of effort, working for a great new peace, and now, on the very eve of that accomplishment, all of it may be for nothing... wasted. Lost.” He said.

“Not all of it… the Cardassian occupation is over, and Bajor is now a Federation world.” Ariel offered.

Admiral Klonn was about to say something, but was interrupted by a call from the Bridge.

“Bridge to Admiral Klonn… one of the Entomalians is here, and is requesting to see you.” The male comm voice stated.

Klonn looked to Ariel, letting out a sigh, as he nodded.

“Send them in.” he said.

The two Starfleet officers waited for a second, until finally, the doors slid open, and Traz entered the room.

“Traz?” Klonn asked.

“Admiral Klonn… may I speak with you?” Traz asked, as he extended his hand for Klonn to shake, which Klonn did, after hesitating for but a moment.

“Sure… what’s on your mind, Traz?” Klonn offered.

Traz began to pace, as he collected his thoughts. Finally, he looked to Klonn, and spoke.

“Admiral Klonn, Mraz is dead. But his dream does not have to die with him. I know he and you spent a great deal of time and effort, to make this alliance a reality. Mraz was my leader, and my master, and I do not want to see his dream… his vision die.” Traz said.

Klonn just looked to Traz, his eyes now empty and tired, exhausted from all that he had been through this night. Finally, he spoke.

“I agree with you, Traz… but what can I do? Queen T’Zek is about to launch a war, and if the High Priestess has her way, Earth would be facing the guns of the Entomalian Navy. I don’t see how anything I can say can or will change that.” He said.

Traz held out one arm, as to tell Klonn to hold on a moment.

“The Queen and High Priestess are very angry right now… because of Mraz’s death. I would say that is the reason for all the venom. I believe that there may be a chance… a possibility, that this alliance can be saved.” Traz began. “Admiral, per Entomalian custom, if the Prime Minister dies, his First Aide takes his place. In this case, that is me. I am now the Prime Minister of the Entomalian Empire. It is not a role I desired, not was it a role I was prepared for. To tell you the truth, I am scared to death right now. I don’t have a clue what to do. And nobody has EVER questioned one of the Royals, when they have made a decision… but I will. I will, Admiral Klonn… I will try to convince the Royals to re-examine their position on this. BUT… I MUST know if you still want it. I have to know if this is something that you still believe in and want, with passion. If it is, I will do whatever I can to save this alliance. For us, and most important, for Mraz.” He said.

Captain Ariel looked to Klonn, as the Admiral began to pace again as he thought. He walked over to the windows, and looked out upon the world of Bajor, as it rotated in space, still deep in thought.

Finally, he turned back, and walked to Traz. As he stood before the new Prime Minister, he grew a slight smile, as he extended his hand once again.

“Do what you can, my new friend… if we can save this thing, then I’ll do whatever I can to help.” Klonn said, as Traz shook his hand.

“So be it, Admiral Klonn… I will do what I can. I will return now to Entomalius Prime, and begin the task that lies ahead. You shall be hearing from me.” Traz said.

Admiral Klonn looked into the eyes of this new Prime Minister, as his smile grew slightly. Finally, the two men parted, as Traz began to walk to the door.

“Traz!” Klonn called out, as the Entomalian man turned to face Klonn, as he paused. “Thank you.” Klonn added.

Traz looked to Klonn, and nodded, as he then turned around, and exited the room, as the doors hissed open to let him out, closing behind him.

Klonn looked to Captain Ariel, who was sitting back in her chair, rocking slightly, as she wore a smile.

DOMINION HEADQUARTERS - GAMMA QUADRANT

The sensor scan images of the Feliz-Dat-Class ship rotated on the computer display, as various callouts sprang from numerous points of the ship image, while information scrolled down in an alien script, as a female voice spoke out, from out of view.

"What do you have to report?" the voice asked.

Another voice, this time male, responded, the source of this new voice also hidden from view.

“Founder… our scans reveal that this kind of ship is known as a “Feliz-Dat-Class” of ship. I am afraid it is extremely powerful… transwarp slipstream engine, a neutronium-coated form of phaserskin hull layering, and a kind of energy charge that is capable of draining a target ship’s power. There also appears to be a countermeasure charge as well, that will restore power to a disabled ship.” the man stated, as now the source of the female voice revealed itself, emerging into view from the corner of the room, and walking over to the male Vorta standing in front of the computer monitor.

The woman, the “Founder”, turned to face the image on the monitor, cautious anger in her eyes. The Founder looked a lot like Odo, save for her female gender, and wore an orange outfit.

“If that is the case Weyoun, then how was our fighter able to do so much damage to the one ship it fired upon?” the Founder asked.

“It would appear, Founder, that there is one weakness we may be able to exploit.” Weyoun began. “It would seem that the neutronium coating I spoke of must first be polarized or charged, before it can be one-hundred percent effective. The ship we fired on was not expecting combat, and as such, it had not fully charged the coating in time to fully protect the ship from our weapons.” He said.

The Founder nodded, looking to Weyoun.

“Founder… there is one thing further… regarding the data we analyzed from our scans of the Federation vessel… something I think you should see.” Weyoun stated, as he led the Founder to a computer console, and pressed some buttons, calling up the desired data.

Suddenly, on the display, a DNA strand appeared, and began rotating, as data callouts appeared.

The Female Shapeshifter wore an expression of slight shock, as she absorbed the data.

“Has this been confirmed?” she asked.

“It has, Founder.” Weyoun replied.

The Founder spent a good long moment in silence, contemplating the image of the rotating DNA strand on the monitor, before she finally replied, looking right into Weyoun's bright purple eyes.

"I want a manned expedition into the Alpha Quadrant... take as many ships as you deem necessary, for I will be joining you. I want to confirm these readings for myself." she stated.

SAN FRANCISCO – EARTH

The thunder rolled loudly, as the rain poured down hard over the San Francisco bay.

The large red Golden Gate Bridge stood in the middle of the torrential downpour, as the Starfleet Runabout U.S.S. Abydos became visible, as it flew under and past the bridge, heading for the large Starfleet Command complex across the bay.

“Personal Log, Admiral Gronthen Klonn, Starfleet Command. Prime Minister Mraz, my dear friend, is now dead. His death comes as the result of a disastrous first contact with a group from the Gamma Quadrant, calling itself the “Dominion”. As a result, Queen T’Zek is likely to proceed with plans to declare war against the Dominion.”

“Following Mraz’s death, I have been contacted by the new Entomalian Prime Minister, Traz, who wishes to proceed with the new alliance. To help move that plan along, I am returning to Starfleet Headquarters, where I will meet with the Admiralty, and representatives from the Federation Council, to discuss the plan, and how best to proceed. I also await an announcement from Queen T’Zek.”

ADMIRAL KLONN’S OFFICE – STARFLEET HEADQUARTERS

Admiral Klonn sat at his desk, scrolling through data on his desktop computer, as Admirals John Thomas Mercassie and Nechayev sat across from Klonn, facing him.

“And so you think Traz can convince Queen T’Zek to put aside her anger, and listen to reason?” Nechayev asked.

“I think he has a better chance than anybody else of doing it.” Klonn offered, as suddenly, a call came in from the lobby.

“Admiral Klonn, we are monitoring a subspace transmission from Entomalius Prime. It’s Queen T’Zek.” The man’s comm voice stated, as Klonn looked up, the other two Admirals returning his look.

“Put it through to my monitor.” Klonn replied, as he pressed a button on his desk panel, activating the large wall monitor, as twin covers slid apart, revealing the actual screen behind them.

The screen displayed the emblem of the UFP, and then the emblem of the Entomalian Empire appeared… the Entomalian Trinity. Suddenly, the emblem was replaced by the image of Queen T’Zek, as High Priestess K’Trez stood behind her.

Klonn and the other two Admirals all turned to watch T’Zek, and listen to her speak.

“Greetings.” T’Zek began. “This is Queen T’Zek, of the Entomalian Empire. Tonight, it is my sad duty to inform you that two days ago, our great Prime Minister, Mraz, was killed… murdered… in cold blood, during a totally unprovoked attack, from an organization in the Gamma Quadrant, called the Dominion. This attack represents not only an attack on our Prime Minister, but an attack on MY life, an attack on the High Priestess’s life… an attack on the entire Entomalian Empire itself. It is an act of cowardice, and an act of war.” T’Zek stated. “Therefore, as of this very moment, I am officially declaring that as of now, the Entomalian Empire is formally at war with the Dominion.” She said.

Klonn and the other two Admirals shared a look, as they then turned back to the transmission.

“As soon as my forces departed Deep Space Nine, I contacted our two primary allies… the Tholian Assembly, and the Cardassian Union. As of this morning, both the Tholian and Cardassian governments have pledged their FULL military support to our forces.” T’Zek continued. “As you may already know, two days ago, the Entomalian Empire entered into an alliance with the United Federation of Planets. As allies of the Entomalian Empire, our Federation friends are obligated to assist us in our conflict, and I will be traveling to Earth soon, to discuss the situation with the Federation President and those who sit on the Federation Council.” She said. “To the Dominion, and those who run the Dominion, I say this... your actions have sealed your fate, and the Dominion will soon be a dead organization... you shall have no tomorrow... the Dominion will soon feel the full wrath and power of the Entomalian Empire. T’Zek out.” She stated, closing the transmission, as her image blinked out, and was replaced by the Entomalian Trinity again, which then gave way to the UFP emblem, as the whole screen then went black.

The three Admirals just stared at the blank screen for a long moment, as finally, Mercassie and Nechayev looked to Klonn, as he drummed his fingers on his desk.

“Well… I guess now we know what the official position of the Entomalians is.” Mercassie offered, as Klonn looked to him.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

Return to “Other Trek”