Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Trek Nation

Postby Alelou » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 am

This new show about Star Trek and Trekkies apparently put together by Roddenberry's son airs tonight Science Channel 8pm.

Edited so I can come back to say, awww, that was really sweet and, more than that, honest. It was so interesting to watch a rebellious son come to appreciate his father and his father's creation, without glossing over the issues. I really enjoyed it.

Enterprise wasn't much of it (Trip never shows up), but it got a little attention (and at least nobody suggested it killed the franchise).
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Trek Nation

Postby justTripn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:44 am

Bummer! I'll go see if it will rerun.

I recently watched on DVD a show that William Shatner did called "The Captains." Shatner interviews ALL the actors who played all the captains of the different series plus the actor who played Kirk in the new movie. Alot of it was old news for me, because I've seen the actors interviewed before, but some of it was new. A theme across the interviews was pride in the work they did. They were all proud of the work they did (Shatner only belately). But an equal theme was to admit that the 12 hour a day work schedule had stressed or ruined their home lives and relationships. Patrick Stewart was asked if he ever felt lonely and he said "No. I've always been quite satisfied with my own company." But then he suddenly got emotional when asked about his divorce(s?). He said "That failure is my one regret." Shatner and Bakula said that the TV acting schedule (I can't swear that it was Star Trek) caused their divorces. And Kate Mulgrew said that she took great pride in her work and tried to give no less than 90% at both jobs (Star Trek and being a mother) but it was impossible, and that to this day her children HATE Voyager. They don't respect it, they won't watch it. And she can't blame them because it took her away from them during their childhood.

This is off the topic but Avery Brooks was just TOTALLY different than his character Benjamin Sisko, and totally different than any other person being interviewed. He was wearing what appeared to be a robe-like suit. I couldn't even figure out what he was wearing and he sat at a piano while being interviewed. Bill would ask him a question and Avery would keep improving jazz on the piano and sing his mystical response, and laugh like he was high on music or something. Basically he was impossible to interview, so Bill just rolled with it.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Other Trek”