Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

The New Star Trek Series!!

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 pm

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: The New Star Trek Series!!

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I almost hate to get my hopes up too much.
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I wouldn't. This is hardly the first concept that's been pitched since ENT ended either, not that I cared for any of them either, for that matter. Sorry, but I get skeptical whenever someone claims to be going for a way to return to Star Trek's roots, because usually the way they think they're doing that is kind of stupid. And then there's the fact Abrams made the same claim. ;)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm

OH THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! :happyjump: :happyjump: :D :D :clap: :spiraleyes: :rotflmao: :happyjump: :ship: :picard: :trip: :tpol: :laforge: :tom: :ufp: :starfleet: <----That''s me getting my hopes up!!!!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:38 pm

But seriously, there is alot of great sci fi being made today. Who would have thought Rise of the Planet of the Apes would rise to the level of the first Planet of the Apes movie? But it did. Lost, Avatar, the new Star Trek movie, Source Code. Even that Defying Gravity series that got cancelled. It was all pretty cool. And I haven't had time to watch all the sci fi series that have been recommended to me. I can't wait! :D I can't wait to see what new tricks they have up their sleeve for us.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I am displeased, I am scarsely interested. Poetry is lost. With Enterprise everything is ended. And, in addition, in the worst way.
The last opportunity was destroyed, atrociously.
For me.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

justTripn wrote:But seriously, there is alot of great sci fi being made today. Who would have thought Rise of the Planet of the Apes would rise to the level of the first Planet of the Apes movie? But it did. Lost, Avatar, the new Star Trek movie, Source Code. Even that Defying Gravity series that got cancelled. It was all pretty cool. And I haven't had time to watch all the sci fi series that have been recommended to me. I can't wait! :D I can't wait to see what new tricks they have up their sleeve for us.

I hate to be the cynical one here, but from what I've seen of the latest samplings, they're pretty much all the old tricks retreaded again.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Asso wrote:I am displeased, I am scarsely interested. Poetry is lost. With Enterprise everything is ended. And, in addition, in the worst way.
The last opportunity was destroyed, atrociously.
For me.

I hope you will read Alelou's fix for The Abomination, which is being published on fanfiction.net. It is the most satisfactory fix I have read so far, as well as being a very enjoyable story in its own right.

The Abomination was never more than a holodeck fiction (and a plainly absurd one, at that) so in no way precludes a more sensible continuation of the story. But I admit that, having chosen such an absurd and unpleasant ending to the series, it seems unlikely that the powers that be will ever resurrect Enterprise and its crew. A great shame in many ways, but to be honest, given the way Enterprise and her crew were treated so far, I suspect the story is better off in the hands of the many great fanfic authors who keep the adventure alive. It is just a shame that we will only see these new stories in our mind's eye, and not on the screen.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Cogito, what is the title of Alelou's new fix? Is it up yet or has it been up for a while?

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Cogito wrote:It is just a shame that we will only see these new stories in our mind's eye, and not on the screen.

Or perhaps I spoke too soon?

Amazing video shows us the actual movies that play inside our mind

I was referring to the '*the_abomination*' chapter of Alelou's story 'Missing TnT Scenes Season Four' which is published at fanfiction.net. While staying firmly within canon it thumbs its nose firmly at the-powers-that-be while giving a nod to fanfiction writers everywhere. And it's shaping up to be a great adventure story in its own right, too. :thumbsup:

Return to “Other Trek”