Official BEST TREK EXPERIENCE Thread

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Best Captain? Okay, I'll let you pick two.

Pike
No votes
Kirk (original flavour)
22%
Picard
26%
Sisko
35%
Janeway
13%
Archer
No votes
Kirk (new Extra-Hunky flavour)
4%

Total votes: 23

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Official BEST TREK EXPERIENCE Thread

Postby Cogito » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I'm still alive. And I'm quite stubborn. And my "big scary Klingon side," my scars, and my brain haven't gone anywhere so... I'm still waiting.

I have faith that you'll find the right person one day. Perhaps in the meantime it might help to think of yourself as 'feisty' rather than a 'big scary Klingon'. :D

And you're not alone in that. I remember a T-shirt that one of my sisters used to wear when she was about your age:

51% Babe, 49% Bitch
Don't push it!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Oh if only the type who could wear that and get away with it! Unfortunately, I'd just :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: and ruin the whole effect!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 pm

WarpGirl wrote:CRUD! eeek! SORRY blond moment! hmmm... KTR you're up!

Um, say what...!?

All right, first off I voted for Kirk and Sisko. Never really cared for any of the other Trek captains. I generally like Trek not because but in spite of their captains.

Second question, I'm not sure if I have a "best Trek experience" per se. I could say first watching some TOS episodes as a kid in 1977. My maternal grandmother, who lived in another part of the country, watched them too and she said she always thought of me when watching Star Trek. A few months later she died. So it's more bittersweet than "best".

Another candidate might be that I have Star Trek to thank for at least learning some English. I got some books and fotonovels (anyone remember those?) as a kid, but they were in English. I asked my parents if they could translate them for me, and they promptly handed me an English-Swedish dictionary.

Or it could be when I was a kid (all these experiences seems to be from when I was a kid :? ) and played with my Trek Mego action figures with my friends. We even built a spaceship for them with painted cardboard and wood. It was quite neat. Wish I had pictures of it.

ETA: CX, you're next!
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Oh awesome stories!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Wow. This thread was such a good idea. Yay me. :lol: (Do we have a "patting-self-on-back" smiley? we need one.)

CX! GO!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:11 pm

My favorite Trek experience would definitely have to be when I was working on Foundations. Working with the others to come up with ideas and expand on them to make some solid episode ideas and then actually writing them can't be beat by anything else Trek related in my book.

And speaking of, how about Rigil Kent go next?

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Speaking of Foundations, have you ever thought about releasing this as a conventional story? I find the script style of presentation very hard to get into.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:03 pm

I have had trouble with that as well. I liken reading a script to reading a recipe...you want that meal! It sounds great!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm struggling to get enough of a will to just finish the rest of the first season, so probably not. Back in the day, the plan was actually to eventually do that, but like so many other plans made for this series, they seem to be on indefinite hold.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:28 am

don't ya hate that? I want a pause button so I can step out, get some shit done, and then come back to the timeline.

YO RIGIL! GO!!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 am

:evilmonkey:
He's not going! RIGIL!

Okay...who hasn't gone yet?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 am

What about your husband?

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:47 pm

How about one of our best writers (of code): the mysterious and unpronouncable mjimeyg ? :poke:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Postby mjimeyg » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:48 pm

*peaks out from behind computer screen* Me? Really?

Honestly, I'm boring!

Don't exactly have greatest Trek moments but I'll tell you some stuff I consider cool... just... please don't hurt me!

Ok... so about twenty years ago when VHS was still brand new, my Pappy was an avid Trekkie. Not the conventions and what not but definitely commemorative plates kinda guy.

He went out and bought the ENTIRE collection of the original series on VHS... I think he watched them once.

They are STILL downstairs on the shelf (granted they have been relegated to behing the DVD's and Blu-Rays).

For your viewing pleasure I give you proof... or partial proof as I wasn't going to move all the DVD's to take a picture of 70 odd tapes in a row:

I think I was less than 10 when he got these... I probably was too scared to see some of the aliens... like the Horta or Balok. (yes... I was a wussy little kid!)

Hope this counts as a good 'experience'.

Can't believe no one has dragged the boss into this!

I'm a callin' you out Boss Man! Elessar, tag you're It!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Ok please don't be offended by this sappy girlie comment, but that is one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time.

Fics

Return to “Other Trek”