Official BEST TREK EXPERIENCE Thread

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Best Captain? Okay, I'll let you pick two.

Pike
No votes
Kirk (original flavour)
22%
Picard
26%
Sisko
35%
Janeway
13%
Archer
No votes
Kirk (new Extra-Hunky flavour)
4%

Total votes: 23

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Official BEST TREK EXPERIENCE Thread

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Okay guys! Here it is!

:starfleet: The OFFICIAL BEST TREK EXPERIENCE EVER Thread! :starfleet:

'What is that?' you ask... :dunno:

It works like this:

I pick a person randomly from the board. They say what their best Trek experience is. They pick a person randomly. That person goes. That person picks someone else. etc.

The Experience you relate doesn't have to be belly dancing onstage with Leonard Nimoy at a convention, it can be anything Trek related at all. Even something like Starwatcher's signature could be a favourite Trek related memory in your life. :lol:

Starwatcher wrote:"Aren't these the people who are the other people?" My poor mum having a less than articulate day as she tried to ask me if the ENT ep I was watching (which was in fact Cold Station 12) was actually the MU episodes. Bless her.

My best Trek experience has already been encapsulated at great length in the TrisCon/DC thread, so read it if you've got 2 hours and nothing to do. :lol: My sig is pix from my 2 fave ST moments in 2008 (Dallas TX) and 2010 (DC).

Hmmmmmm.....iiiiiiii piiiiiiiiiiick.....

Distracted!

...aaaaaand GO!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: Official BEST TREK EXPERIENCE Thread

Postby Distracted » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Pick on me first, huh? That figures.

Hmmmm. I've got a most humiliating Trek experience. :oops:

Nope, not that.

How about a most aggravating, infuriating, tremendously disappointing Trek experience? :bitch:

Nope, not that either.

Okay. Here's my big one. In 2005 (Or maybe 2006. I forget.) I went to Vulcon in Cleveland. It was my first SF convention in over 20 years. Although I was disqualified in the costume contest (see experience # 1 above), I did get to meet EIGHTEEN other TnT'ers all wearing coordinating NOT.DEAD. T-shirts (we were SO organized back then), and I got to participate in a group hug which included every female in that group of TnTer's (which was most of us) with a smiling and slightly inebriated Connor Trinneer in the center.

Awesomeness. Pure awesomeness.

JustTrip'n's up next. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Well, probably this moment, from the same event: Image

I was as high as a kite (this was part of that wild photo-taking session that D, just described). Or possibly the moment shown in enterprikayak's sig :) was the best.

But I will tell a heartwarming story related to D.'s story above. I had a blast at Vulcon. A friend at work, noted that he had to go all the way to Europe to have as much fun as I had in Cleveland. That about sums it up.

But the context was this. I had just finished my story "Heresy" like a week before I arrived at the convention. It had been a roller coaster ride because it was like the first story I'd ever written, and I was pleased myself for completing it, but I'd had a storm of negative comments and Distracted had been my beta through the whole thing: giving wise advice and holding my hand and cheering me up after I ignored some of it, :lol: The story caused a huge storm on the forum too, with Bucky stepping in to smooth things over. So anyways, it had been an emotional week, but now there I was, heading to Cleveland to meet all my Tucker sibs. I wasn't able to get there for the first night because of a conflicting astronomy event and so I got there on the second day. Distracted and I had exchanged pictures before the event but had never met in person. I got to the convention in time to cheer her on in the costume contest, which yes, she lost, even though she looked stunning! So there she is dressed as MU T'Pol with a crowd of Not Dead fans surrounding her. She was all upset that she had lost or been disqualified or whatever, and I was telling her that she should be happy, it had been great. And she seemed totally well, distracted . . . . Then like two minutes into our conversation and right in the middle of one of her sentences, she stopped, gasped and grabbed me in a hug. She had only just then read my name tag and realized who I was. LOL! I still remember that moment. What a wonderful friend!

I will pick Silverbullet to go next.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Whoops! I just remembered my best Trek experience ever: when I got onto Triaxian Silk one morning and discovered that Escriba had made a "Movie Trailer" of my stories (and several other peoples's as well). :D

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:35 pm

JustTrip'n wrote:Then like two minutes into our conversation and right in the middle of one of her sentences, she stopped, gasped and grabbed me in a hug. She had only just then read my name tag and realized who I was. LOL!
That's me, all right. Did you think I was being sarcastic with the pen name? Nope. :roll:

But I'm honored to be part of one of JustTrip'n's favorite Star Trek moments. :hug:

Back to SB's turn. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:19 am

This one is easy: my best Star Trek experience was seeig my first episode of Star Trek. Until then SF was not what you would call in the public mind. Mostlly grade ZZZ. Oh there were a couple of movies: Destination Moon and Rocket ship XM that were good. But for the most part they almost had to hire an audience.

STar Trek was first class. Some really cheesy episode and some rally brilliant ones. but overall it was Sci Fi on prime time TV a first.

STar Trek gave rise to Star Wars.

anyway I was thrilled to death to see Sci Fi done well with some production values.

Of course finding Trisilk ws right up there too.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 am

Great stories!

who's next SB?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Next? Panysann

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 pm

So I am tagged? I have been thinking about telling my best Trek story. I have several: the fact that my husband seriously suggested we should call our daughter Be'Lanna :torres: , that we went to a German Star Trek convention and that Rote Alert! Rote Alert doesn't sound well in my ears or that my husband said once to my daughter "sit tight or I give you a Vulcan neck pinch."

The best is a rather sad, joyfull tale. In short, about four years ago in a very short period of time we (my family) lost a child, my husband had to do a test and failed, we lost our job, our house, were forced to leave the country we were living in and without any money, work or house we returned. At home, we watched season four of Enterprise at the time and Home made me a TnT. By the time we watched epsiode Daedalus I was so depressed about the way my fav relationship and my life was going, I wanted to do something. More specific: I wanted another baby. Problably the thought alone was enough because it was BINGO right away (we had to wait four years for our first child) and two months later I discovered I was pregnant. However, the pregnancy was very complicated and when I was 20 weeks the threat was real we were going to lose the child. Losing two childern in half a year was more that I could handle. Luckily, our doctor decided to operate me and after 40 weeks and 3 days (he sure took his time), our boy was born.
So what happened the evening he was born? In my hospital bed, with the baby next to me, I turned on the television and they showed Enterprise. Episode: Daedalus. Really. I cried. Hormones of course.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Wow. No one's gonna top that. Good story! Sad and happy!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:11 pm

WOW!!!!! Might as well lock the thread down. That's unbelievable! :surprisehug: :surprisehug: :hug:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Who are you gonna tag, panyasan? (An incredible story, BTW. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad things turned out okay.)
Image sig by chrisis1033

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Distracted wrote:Who are you gonna tag, panyasan?

I think I will tag.... Transwarp.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow! That is quite a story. :shock: :( :) Thank you for sharing.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Transwarp! Go!

(Though it's a tough act to follow). :lol:

Return to “Other Trek”