Star Trek 2 / 12 ...and vote!

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Which are your favourite movies? (Pick 3)

Star Trek: The Motion Picture
4%
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
21%
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
18%
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
4%
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
7%
Star Trek VII: Generations
7%
Star Trek VIII: First Contact
18%
Star Trek (XI)
14%
Or Trek 5, 9 or 10 (Final Frontier/Insurrection/Nemesis)
7%

Total votes: 28

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Star Trek 2 / 12 ...and vote!

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 am

.....i don't think there's another thread about this yet.....

Paramount Wants J.J. Abrams to Film Star Trek 2 in 3D

Star Trek 2 still waiting on the script

lol

After I posted this, I noticed that, with those news headlines and the particular pose of the actors in this picture... it almost makes them look pissed with both Paramount and JJ Abrams. Like here's the caption:

"C'mon guys. 3D? Really?.....and hey! Abrams! Where's that fÜ€ЖЇИĢ script Abrams!?? Let's go!"

The poll at the top of this only allows 10 choices, so I chose the 3 least grossing films (adj for inflation) and lumped them into one choice (ie: i assume they are the least popular.) But the nerd in me now thinks Image "However: since there are going to be three (<-insert wet lisp here) movies occupying the #10 option on your poll, its numbers will be (insert glasses adjustment) artificially inflated, and so option #10 may become more popular that you first suspected it might be. Image" God, shut up, nerd in me.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek 2 / 12

Postby Brandyjane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm

That picture is perfect! It's a little early to be worrying about 3-D when they don't even have a script, isn't it? :vulcan: I seriously hope the people in charge decide to wait until they have a great script before rushing it, betting that we'll just be content with cool 3-D effects. Of course, if they have a really good script, and if they do a good job with the 3-D, then it could be really neat!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 pm

OH MY GOD!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!! I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS LIVE IN 1992 WHEN THERE WERE JUST 6 STAR TREK MOVIES OUT, AND ST:VI UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY HAD ONLY COME OUT A YEAR AGO.

I AM DYING OF LAUGHTER! I AM DYING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzuRMthMzk

WE MADE IT! WE MADE IT TO STAR TREK XII! WHAT A FRANCHISE! WHAT A FANBASE!! TREKKIES ARE THE BEST!!! :lol: :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I couldn't care less about Abrams Trek II, in 3D or not.

I voted for Star Trek I, II and VI.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek 2 / 12 ...and vote!

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Oooh 3D, Um not sure I like that at all, CP thing. Never the less my inn cougar purrs at the thought of Checkov returning. And Sulu is pretty hot as well. :twisted: :twisted: Still I doubt I'll go all gooey like I did with AVATAR. Simply because I didn't get a huge emotional tug with the first one. It wasn't a movie that was supposed to squeeze your heart. Although Amanda dying nearly did it. My Vote: Search For Spock, Nemesis, Wrath of Kahn, and of course First Contact! What the heck only 3 options EK, Cruel.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:38 am

WarpGirl wrote:What the heck only 3 options EK, Cruel.

I'm a bitch like that.

:lol:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm impressed with how well the new movie is standing up against the old ones. Warp Girl, I'm glad someone other than me liked "Nemisis." I thought it was sufficiently philosophical and spooky. Loved the whole twin thing and the way they left the question of B4's capabilities hanging. I almost voted for "Nemisis."

Well, I voted for "The Voyage Home," "Generations," and "Star Trek."

"First Contact" is close, but I had some objections at the time.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 am

DATA "dying" nearly killed me. But I DID love Nemesis, if only for the wedding! :D Trivia: Linda Park (Hoshi) dated Tom Hardy, (Shinzon).
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 pm

OOOooo. Thanks for the trivia. Yes! I almost forgot about the wedding! Data sang Blue Skies on the occasion of their "congugation."
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am

Nobody I know or in my family plays ST Trivia with me anymore. You're welcome jT! ;-)

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am

I just thought: Oooh! We should start a trivia thread! But then I thought: Google ruins that.

...stupid google....

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 am

Probably better that way...

Fics

Return to “Other Trek”